Author Topic: A trade to help Dallas  (Read 1089 times)

A trade to help Dallas
« on: January 28, 2015, 12:18:51 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=n3hyeyb

Boston sends Prince to Dallas
Boston receives Ricky Ledo, Luigi Datome, Jonas Jerebko

Detroit sends Greg Monroe and Kyle Singler to Dallas, Jerebko and Datome to Boston
Detroit receives Chandler Parsons and Aminu,

Dallas sends Parsons and Aminu to Detroit, and Ledo to Boston
Dallas receives Monroe, Prince and Singler

If Ledo is considered a hot prospect, Boston can include a second rounder to somewhere
Detroit gets a needed SF for Monroe and don't have to worry about resigning him.  Lots of good bigs
to choose from in the draft to play next to Drummond. For now Detroit starts:

Drummond
Aminu (draft Towns if lucky, Porzingis, Harrel, Turner, etc...)
Parsons
Kaldwell Pope
Augustine

Dallas roster:

Rondo, Harris, Barea
Ellis, Harris, Prince
Dirk, Prince, Singler
Monroe, Dirk, Villanueva
Chandler, Monroe

Re: A trade to help Dallas
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 08:25:08 AM »

Offline Depalma2002

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
1. Monroe has to agree to a trade and the Mavericks would not get his bird rights. This means that Monroe puts himself in a position where no team can give him the extra year and the larger increases that Bird free agents can get. Is Monroe willing to do this to go and play off the bench in Dallas for a half a season. Maybe, but I'm not sure. With no bird rights and having to showcase his talents from the bench, he is likely to cost himself quite a bit of change. Coming off a year in which he already left money on the table by playing under the QO, I think he is out to maximize his next deal. I think Monroe nixes the deal.

2. I don't think there is a deal for Monroe to nix because I can't see Dallas giving up one of their main starters for a guy who will backup both Dirk and Chandler.

3. If I'm wrong about #2 and Dallas would give up Parsons for a quality backup 4/5, I don't think it would be Monroe for the simple fact that they wouldn't give up Parsons for just a rental which Monroe would almost certainly be. Without bird rights, the Mavs wouldn't be able to go over the salary cap to retain him. This means they either let him walk and be an extremely costly 1/2 season rental or they resign him and renounce two of their free agent trio (assuming Ellis opts out which is almost guaranteed) or Ellis, Chandler, and Rondo. Likely, to acquire and keep Monroe they are giving up Parsons, Chandler, and Rondo for him.