Author Topic: Tyler Zeller  (Read 6767 times)

Tyler Zeller
« on: January 27, 2015, 08:48:11 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Am I the only one on here who wants to see him get more chances to score in the post?  He can use either hand, has an up-and-under, a spin move, and other counters, so why don't we go to him more, especially if Sullinger won't play inside?  Just a thought.

Re: Tyler Zeller
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 08:59:24 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Am I the only one on here who wants to see him get more chances to score in the post?  He can use either hand, has an up-and-under, a spin move, and other counters, so why don't we go to him more, especially if Sullinger won't play inside?  Just a thought.

I'm on your bandwagon too.  ......he needs a lot more touches.....for a medium jumper or draw heat off Sully inside.

Matter fact I d rather see Sully working around the bucket more and shooting less threes.

Zellar has a nice little 12-14 ft jumper ........he should take the ball out 14 ft and either shoot over a shorter defender or flip it inside to Sully

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 09:38:42 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I wish Zeller would take three pointers at the top of the key.

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 09:41:08 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
He will get ample of opportunity moving fwd

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 10:39:25 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Matter fact I d rather see Sully working around the bucket more and shooting less threes.

I wished he realized this !

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 10:46:09 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
I wish Zeller would take three pointers at the top of the key.

Dear god, no, lol. ;D  I hate big guys who shoot threes.  Get dat bootay down on the block, lol. ;D

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 10:46:50 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

I wished he realized this !

Me, too, but I don't think that that's ever going to happen.  Sigh.

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 10:58:48 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
If he can do pick-n-pop plays consistently, he and Sully can switch in the post anytime they play together.

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2015, 11:51:37 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
Look no further than Atlanta for a textbook demonstration of how we'd like these guys to play.

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 12:14:10 AM »

Offline hagar55voa

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
The more touches Zeller gets, the better he gets...I have always said that all they have to do for Zeller to produce is pass him the ball and include him in the offense...I hate it when they take him out of the game in the fourth quarter...

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2015, 12:21:27 AM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Sullinger has been operating around the rim far more often than he did at the beginning of the season, particularly when he started playing with Zeller. Zeller so often occupied the middle of the paint which forced Sullinger outside to the three-point line. When playing with Olynyk or Bass (haven't checked the stats on this, just going by naked eye), Sullinger seems to dominate the paint more. I'd love it if Zeller was encouraged to shoot from the FT line extended. I think a combination of Sully and Zeller with Zeller playing high and Sullinger down on the blocks could be really effective offensively.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2015, 12:32:28 AM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
I'd like Sully to take transition 3's, but in the half court, play closer to the basket.  His effect on rebounding is no less than critical.  We get worked when he's not down low.

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2015, 12:38:52 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Sullinger has been operating around the rim far more often than he did at the beginning of the season, particularly when he started playing with Zeller. Zeller so often occupied the middle of the paint which forced Sullinger outside to the three-point line. When playing with Olynyk or Bass (haven't checked the stats on this, just going by naked eye), Sullinger seems to dominate the paint more. I'd love it if Zeller was encouraged to shoot from the FT line extended. I think a combination of Sully and Zeller with Zeller playing high and Sullinger down on the blocks could be really effective offensively.

What's wrong with having two guys who can post up on the court at the same time?  I get what you're saying, and I'm sure that they could be interchangeable out there if need be, but I'm old fashioned, lol. ;D  Play inside. 

Also, the combined passing ability of Sullinger and Zeller together on the court would surely help us out offensively, no?  Just me?  Okay, lol. ;D

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2015, 12:41:17 AM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney

What's wrong with having two guys who can post up on the court at the same time?  I get what you're saying, and I'm sure that they could be interchangeable out there if need be, but I'm old fashioned, lol. ;D  Play inside. 

Also, the combined passing ability of Sullinger and Zeller together on the court would surely help us out offensively, no?  Just me?  Okay, lol. ;D
I agree with what you're saying, but Sully and Zeller are sort of average passers.  We're not talking about Bird and Walton here.

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2015, 12:55:48 AM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

I agree with what you're saying, but Sully and Zeller are sort of average passers.  We're not talking about Bird and Walton here.

Sully has shown flashes to good to very good passing skills and Zeller is a pretty good passer for his size as well. The problem is not passing. It's rare that two big men can sit on opposite blocks without compromising floor spacing. At the very least one should ideally operate as a face-up big from the free throw line while the other roams the paint 3-6 feet in. It's why Dwight Howard seems to have much more space playing with Motiejunas, why Gasol and Noah haven't worked as well as one would've hoped this year (while each have the offensive skills to play as the face-up big, neither excel as much as when in the painted area), and why the Randolph-M. Gasol combination has seemed to improved despite Randolph's aging as Gasol has continued to add to his outside game.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/