Author Topic: Do you think Celtics will get the Dallas 2015 pick?  (Read 12757 times)

Re: Do you think Celtics will get the Dallas 2015 pick?
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2015, 05:51:22 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
We should be hoping more for a Clippers downfall than a Mavs downfall this year, because we own their unprotected pick this year. Besides, they're a Griffin/Paul/DJ/Crawford injury away from being in real trouble as top-heavy as they are.

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2015, 06:12:00 PM »

Offline wehadvinbaker

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 3
We should be hoping more for a Clippers downfall than a Mavs downfall this year, because we own their unprotected pick this year. Besides, they're a Griffin/Paul/DJ/Crawford injury away from being in real trouble as top-heavy as they are.

I have been rooting for this myself, and was more optimistic earlier in the year. They look like they have been playing a lot better the last 5 or 6 games I have seen them play. Although you are right, a Chris Paul, Blake or DJ injury would sink them (I think they could survive loss of Crawford)

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2015, 07:11:48 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
I agree.  Losing any of the "big 3" would be a disaster for them.  Last year when they lost CP3, Blake played some MVP basketball and carried the team, but that was when they had Darren Collison as a backup.  Now they're looking at Austin Rivers.  Yikes, that would be a titanic downgrade.

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2015, 07:29:27 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
Austin Rivers

On court:  -9.7
Off court:  +23.1

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2015, 07:40:28 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

I have been rooting for this myself, and was more optimistic earlier in the year. They look like they have been playing a lot better the last 5 or 6 games I have seen them play. Although you are right, a Chris Paul, Blake or DJ injury would sink them (I think they could survive loss of Crawford)
I don't know. I'm not sure their already less than stellar bench can handle losing a perennial sixth man of the year candidate.

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2015, 07:44:07 PM »

Offline wehadvinbaker

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 3

I don't know. I'm not sure their already less than stellar bench can handle losing a perennial sixth man of the year candidate.

But they just got former lottery pick Austin Rivers who seems to have some prenatural connection with the coach over there.

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2015, 09:07:10 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Austin Rivers

that's the Clips strategy -- Keep Austin on the bench and watch the team rack up a real "+" when he's not on the court ;)

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2015, 09:57:08 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Dallas is basically 4 games away from missing the playoffs, and IIRC, they have a tough schedule in the 2nd half?  Not out of the question.  Depends on Phoenix, NOP, or an OKC miracle run.
They are losing tonight. They are all in this Year. Jermaine O'Neal is going to sign there. I am sure another buyout will. But one can dream. I hope Rondo is a Cancer to them and signs with the Lakers.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2015, 10:18:54 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156

TP+ for your user name!

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2015, 01:26:22 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
The Mavericks have now lost 4 in a row.

Rondo tonight.....0 points, 6 assists, 5 turnovers, and 0-7 from the field.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 02:05:59 AM by Chris22 »

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2015, 02:46:11 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Austin Rivers

that's the Clips strategy -- Keep Austin on the bench and watch the team rack up a real "+" when he's not on the court ;)

I heard he was playing good defense. What's the deal?

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2015, 07:08:40 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
not happening

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2015, 07:27:47 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
New Orleans and Oklahoma City both blew an opportunity last night!

Losing to Denver and NYK!

Ugh!

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2015, 08:03:56 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.

Ugh!
And the Clips one. A man can dream of a Clipppers Mavericks Collapse.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2015, 09:55:15 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

Ugh!
And the Clips one. A man can dream of a Clipppers Mavericks Collapse.

Yes!