Author Topic: Do you think Celtics will get the Dallas 2015 pick?  (Read 12769 times)

Re: Do you think Celtics will get the Dallas 2015 pick?
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2015, 04:22:29 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
We'll get it in 2016

2015 first round draft pick from Dallas
Dallas' 1st round pick to Boston protected for selections 1-3 and 15-30 in 2015, 1-7 in 2016, 1-7 in 2017, 1-7 in 2018, 1-7 in 2019 and 1-7 in 2020 and unprotected in 2021 [Boston-Dallas, 12/18/2014]

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2015, 09:21:07 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
I don't know...I think we should keep an eye on this...Dallas is 4-6 in their last ten.

OKC is 6-4 and the Pelicans are 7-3.

There are about 36 games left...might be enough time.

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2015, 09:23:39 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Dallas made their team worse with the Rondo trade.

Good job, Danny!

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2015, 09:48:59 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I don't know...I think we should keep an eye on this...Dallas is 4-6 in their last ten.

OKC is 6-4 and the Pelicans are 7-3.

There are about 36 games left...might be enough time.
There is, but its very unlikely they will be passed by two of OKC/PHX/NOP

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2015, 09:56:16 AM »

Offline Depalma2002

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Most likely we get Dallas' pick in 2016, but you never know.

It would take an injury to one of their starters for us to get it this year.

You are probably right as they should rebound out of their current downturn, but you never know.

If the top 10 teams in the West play the next 30 games with the same W-L% of their last 10, then Dallas would be in 9th and only 1 game in front of OKC in tenth.

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2015, 10:05:35 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 538
Need an injury.

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2015, 10:19:43 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Go to the Dallas Mavericks Forum, they're having some serious buyers remorse. It seems they are not happy with Mr. Rondo's game.

"never makes the simple pass, always looking for the highlight reel pass"
"floor spacing killer"
"defense sags off of him"
"I don't think Rondo likes Dirk"

Is there a chance Dallas does't make the playoffs ?

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2015, 10:39:10 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
This is turning out to be a nice little haul.

This Dallas pick. 

We turned Wright into a 5 mil trade exemption, a possible Minn 1st round pick next year or at worst 2 2nd rounders.

Nelson's 2 yr contract for an expiring in Robinson that we bought out.  End result more cap space for us.

A very solid young role player in Crowder.

The biggest asset yet could be the Rondo 12.9 mil trade exemption.  For comparison last summer the 10 mil Pierce TE got us Thornton, Zeller, and a Clev first.

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2015, 12:10:01 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Go to the Dallas Mavericks Forum, they're having some serious buyers remorse. It seems they are not happy with Mr. Rondo's game.

"never makes the simple pass, always looking for the highlight reel pass"
"floor spacing killer"
"defense sags off of him"
"I don't think Rondo likes Dirk"

Is there a chance Dallas does't make the playoffs ?

LOL.

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2015, 12:54:17 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
I think Dallas would need a key injury, and soon. 2016 is a lot more likely, but I do think there are some significant odds of that pick being late lotto, seeing as Dirk is going on 37.

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2015, 01:23:58 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
they could definitely implode next year, but my bet is that the roster is similar to this year's but a little older, maybe 20th-best record in the league... really, a lot of things could happen, check out their salaries

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/dallas.htm

dirk has $8M guaranteed, parsons $15, and harris $4. aside from that just a couple low salary guys.
felton  has a $4M player option, hell likely opt in considering his low production.

ellis also has a $9M player option, i think he opts out for a longer/larger contract, i could easily see him getting 3 years/$45M from some desperate team. the mavsi believe (not 100% sure) will still have "early bird" rights on ellis if he opts out and can pay him 175% of his current salary, so they could get him that $15M that i think he'd command on the market.

assuming ellis opts out, and factoring in maybe $3M for salary for their 2015 first and second round draft picks, the mavs have $37M on the books with a projected cap of $67M.

at this point the mavs theoretically have ~$30M in space, but they'll first need to figure out what they want to do with rondo, chandler, and ellis because those players will have huge cap holds which will eat up all their cap space until they either renounce those players or sign them to new contracts

they could feasibly keep all three players, or maybe they keep chandler for $10M, renounce rondo and ellis and use the remaining $20M for someone else?

i suspect the most likely scenario is that everyone returns and that next year's team looks much like this year's club. but there's certainly a chance guys could leave, and the mavs get stuck with nothing, or even that guys leave and the mavs somehow get better players.

the big problem with that is that their three younger starters, rondo, ellis, and parsons, are borderline stars at best.
dirk will be 37, and chandler will be 33.
if dirk and chandler fall off a cliff they'll be in trouble, a team of rondo, ellis, parsons + average center + PF with no defense isn't a great team in the west.

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2015, 02:04:42 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
We are behind another team (someone remind me please) on getting their pick, if I recall it seemed unlikely we et their pick this year regardless of their record. But I could be wrong on this.

You are wrong.  You are confusing things with the Memphis pick, which Denver currently has control of.  Because of the protections on the pick, the earliest we will see it is 2017, and most likely not until 2019.  Dallas' pick is not promised to anyone else.

I think it's the 76ers pick he was thinking of, but being confused about which one of our metric ton of picks is a good problem to have!

Anyways, I don't really want the Dallas pick this year, because Chad Ford said there were only 12 good draft picks and we all know he is always 100% right about everything!  It's uncanny how he always nails the draft like that when you check back in the archives

I think it was droopdog7 who was confusing Dallas and Philly(or Minny), and Saltlover was correct that DreamGreen was confusing Memphis and Dallas's picks. But like Ford, we can always come back in a day,week,or year from now and "clarify" our posts. 8)
Yes, it was me that was confused.  Thanks for the correction.

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2015, 05:22:26 PM »

Offline erisred

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
Need an injury.
Need an injury to Dirk for it to happen.

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2015, 05:25:22 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
they could definitely implode next year, but my bet is that the roster is similar to this year's but a little older, maybe 20th-best record in the league... really, a lot of things could happen, check out their salaries

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/dallas.htm

dirk has $8M guaranteed, parsons $15, and harris $4. aside from that just a couple low salary guys.
felton  has a $4M player option, hell likely opt in considering his low production.

ellis also has a $9M player option, i think he opts out for a longer/larger contract, i could easily see him getting 3 years/$45M from some desperate team. the mavsi believe (not 100% sure) will still have "early bird" rights on ellis if he opts out and can pay him 175% of his current salary, so they could get him that $15M that i think he'd command on the market.

assuming ellis opts out, and factoring in maybe $3M for salary for their 2015 first and second round draft picks, the mavs have $37M on the books with a projected cap of $67M.

at this point the mavs theoretically have ~$30M in space, but they'll first need to figure out what they want to do with rondo, chandler, and ellis because those players will have huge cap holds which will eat up all their cap space until they either renounce those players or sign them to new contracts

they could feasibly keep all three players, or maybe they keep chandler for $10M, renounce rondo and ellis and use the remaining $20M for someone else?

i suspect the most likely scenario is that everyone returns and that next year's team looks much like this year's club. but there's certainly a chance guys could leave, and the mavs get stuck with nothing, or even that guys leave and the mavs somehow get better players.

the big problem with that is that their three younger starters, rondo, ellis, and parsons, are borderline stars at best.
dirk will be 37, and chandler will be 33.
if dirk and chandler fall off a cliff they'll be in trouble, a team of rondo, ellis, parsons + average center + PF with no defense isn't a great team in the west.

I don't think they will signing Rondo again unless they get him for a fair price. That organization is not used to loosing, they point fingers quickly and they don't like what there seeing.
The bench is now weaker and suspect after the trade, they kind of like Powell but not that much.
In the West, with age creeping up, they may not be a play off team. 

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2015, 05:38:09 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
Dallas is basically 4 games away from missing the playoffs, and IIRC, they have a tough schedule in the 2nd half?  Not out of the question.  Depends on Phoenix, NOP, or an OKC miracle run.