Author Topic: zeller's jump hook right and left is pretty  (Read 2064 times)

zeller's jump hook right and left is pretty
« on: January 27, 2015, 07:24:59 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Along with form on outside shot,he even took it to hoop of dribble but got blocked.Zeller seems to be afraid to miss but have seen him slowly experimenting.Zeller allows boston the ability not to panic for a big and waste a valuable lottery pick.As a backup center for contender he has to be one of the best out there.Only third year ,brad give him the green light make him shoot.

Re: zeller's jump hook right and left is pretty
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 07:54:30 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  zellar a beautiful bounce pass but bass blocked,then drew a charge had 2 blocks/piece of ball and saved the ball out of bounds for break away all down the stretch-tell me who was the hero.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 08:01:35 AM by rollie mass »

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 08:16:48 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
He was very decisive yesterday. His running hook is not easy to guard.

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 09:21:02 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
i think yesterday was about as good as it may get with zeller, and that is okay. as a backup center you want someone who can come in and score down low, play a little defense.

and ainge got zeller for virtually nothing. good pick up.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 09:42:12 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
hwang-i think you are wrong.Watching zeller play d he still is thinking nor reacting,he is watching everybody else while adjusing position.The shuffiling of rotations and different players thrown together with no real quick point in the paint.This only his 3rd season,new coach and move.He is still young by big men standards and has the ability to bulk up.He has soft touch which you can't teach,how many bust 7 footers would you have to go through to find  one that can run court ,play d ,shoot from outside and have that kind of left ,right flip hook.

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 09:43:21 AM »

Offline Sundov Millionaire

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 4
Celtics don't win the game yesterday without Zeller.... guy can finish in the paint

If Smart/Turner would drive to the net and command double teams I think we could really have something in Zeller

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 09:45:49 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
first TP for positive post

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 09:48:29 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Zeller had those shots in college, meaning the right and left jump hook.  The jump shot is he has always possessed but is  something he has been working on developing.   He has always had nice hands and can run for a center.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTvagMFzcJk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB8wMWQobL4
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 09:57:29 AM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2015, 10:05:44 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
Its a family of big players,there was alot of time on court starting young to have developed that shot.Zeller is a smart player and will only get better.Zeller is no fluke,he is not just some big guy forced to play basketball and he doesn't want to be a guard or jack up threes-Zeller wound up in right place with right coach and will thrive as team puts its pieces together.

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2015, 10:16:38 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
What I like best is that he plays within his skillset and does not shoot shots that he hits only 30% of the time.

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2015, 10:30:18 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Liked seeing zeller drive to the basket a few times, even though he got blocked. Just playing unpredictable out there. He was the best big yesterday

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2015, 10:47:28 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Good shot selection and patience to wait for his shot to come to him.

Btw...I love Sully's new freight train move ......he moves into the paint straight down the line , not giving the defender a lot of chance to setup a block....

But the key is they don't want to step in front of a run a way 300 pound locomotive .  He just grins when he uses this pill driver move or threat .

Sully says I can't go over them......I'll sure make a hole and go straight though ......if they want to die sacrificing they body so be it .

I have not seen much effort to stop his new pile driver move.

It will take a huge Shaq like player to stand in there and survive.

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2015, 07:43:44 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Celtics don't win the game yesterday without Zeller.... guy can finish in the paint

If Smart/Turner would drive to the net and command double teams I think we could really have something in Zeller
He is great at finishing close to the Basket. He is trying very hard to protect the rim. He is going to hang on in this league for ability to score. I think over time he will be able to be a good jump shooter as well.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2015, 12:08:15 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
He was very decisive yesterday. His running hook is not easy to guard.

Everyone should learn to shoot baby hooks with either hand.

It is a great shot inside of ten feet.