Author Topic: trade'em all...  (Read 1385 times)

trade'em all...
« on: January 26, 2015, 01:43:47 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
If i was ainge i would trade everyone except smart young and olynyc..bradley costs 9m sullinger will demand 10-12.... but... i would rather have 3 guys at the 15 m range with much more potential... cousins davis adetokunpo drummond will become cornerstone players... bradley is average and sully fat... trade them now because they have still lottery value.... turner pressey zeller crowder........ just do not have the quality.... get more picks to have assets to trade for those guys

Re: trade'em all...
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 02:07:50 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
If i was ainge i would trade everyone except smart young and olynyc..bradley costs 9m sullinger will demand 10-12.... but... i would rather have 3 guys at the 15 m range with much more potential... cousins davis adetokunpo drummond will become cornerstone players... bradley is average and sully fat... trade them now because they have still lottery value.... turner pressey zeller crowder........ just do not have the quality.... get more picks to have assets to trade for those guys

Ummm, yeah... well they tanked to get the players they have today. Bradley may be average, but hes still a young player with potential. As for Sully, neither Bradley/Sully HAVE any type of lottery value...
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 02:30:29 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Avery Bradley is 24.  That is crazy.  If he were like 2 inches taller we'd all be enamored with him

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 03:32:48 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
If Sully wants 12 million, I would offer him 6 and tell him, he only plays on one half of the court.

I think he is an asset to trade not a real piece of a contender given he doesn't play D and may eat himself out of the league.

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 03:48:31 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
If Sully wants 12 million, I would offer him 6 and tell him, he only plays on one half of the court.

I think he is an asset to trade not a real piece of a contender given he doesn't play D and may eat himself out of the league.

Actually Sullinger leads the Celtics in blocks and defensive rebounds.

And Sullinger is 14th in the NBA in PER among power forwards.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 04:00:17 PM by Chris22 »

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 03:52:46 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
Sullinger is still getting better and better.  The same will continue next year and the year after.

I believe if the right value is there, sure, trade him.  The right value is an all star commodity. Other than that, keep the development going.

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 04:07:10 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Sullinger is still getting better and better.  The same will continue next year and the year after.

I believe if the right value is there, sure, trade him.  The right value is an all star commodity. Other than that, keep the development going.

I agree - I am not in love with his eating habits, but he certainly is producing.

However, I also agree that we need to put talent around him BEFORE his contract comes up. If he commands $8-10 million, that is fine, but I want to sign him with our Bird Rights, now with open cap space that could be used on max guys (ie, Avery Bradley - who I like, but wish we could have signed him after we acquired our top tier talent).