Author Topic: trade for cousins grab free agent leonard  (Read 2829 times)

trade for cousins grab free agent leonard
« on: January 26, 2015, 01:30:30 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Give them sully bradley and zeller for cousins. Give them the clippers and the cavs pick too... pay max money for leonard... smart leonard cousins... the next big three to build around

Re: trade for cousins grab free agent leonard
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 01:33:17 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Give them sully bradley and zeller for cousins. Give them the clippers and the cavs pick too... pay max money for leonard... smart leonard cousins... the next big three to build around

I'd do that in a heartbeat, but not sure if the Kings would

judging our current situation, if we are tanking this season too, we have another top 5 pick

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 01:46:19 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Cousins will quit them sooner than later... no winning mentality...

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 01:53:40 PM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71

Wouldn't that be nice: grab Cousins, Leonard and keep our own pick.  Unfortunately, I think any trade for DMC starts with our draft pick.
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 02:00:37 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think Cousins will be the next big name on the trading block. I am not sure if they would want us to take on salary along with Cousins, to completely clear the deck. I can see it costing our first this year, two more firsts, and some of Olynyk, Sullinger, and Young.

To trade for Leonard I think the Spurs would want at least two firsts to be convinced not to match for Leonard. Although I would be fine offering Leonard or Butler the max and daring the other teams to match.

DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 02:05:01 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

This is what I propose, some users blasted me for this, but it seems reasonable.

2015 1st pick for Celtics, 2 second rounder's of any year, 2016 Nets, and any 1st round pick from Mavs/Clippers, with the addition of Sully/Bradley, and Zeller or KO.

Its a steep price, I understand, but we'll still have some Nets pick left, Mavs or whichever pick we decide to keep, and a multitude of TPE's to last us to grab any disgruntled or players wanting out.

I think a more reasonable trade, could be KO, plus any first round pick for Trey Burke. Jazz loves KO, and wanted him originally, the first pick is added as a sweetener.

So its 3 first round picks, 2 second rounder's, Sully, Bradley, and Burke for Cousins.

I would do it in a heartbeat, and I hope Ainge would too. A budding superstar who improved his defense, ball handling, passing, and ability to score under 25 is very valuable. He and Smart could be a big 2, and we'll just be missing a 3rd player. Ideally, I would love Cousins, because if Young/Smart develops along nicely, we would have a great defense in Smart/Cousins, and Young can be our Ray Allen.

Then go after pieces we need through trades/FA.

I personally would love to bring in Draymond Green. Maybe package some picks/players to draft a SF.

I think Cousins will be the next big name on the trading block. I am not sure if they would want us to take on salary along with Cousins, to completely clear the deck. I can see it costing our first this year, two more firsts, and some of Olynyk, Sullinger, and Young.

To trade for Leonard I think the Spurs would want at least two firsts to be convinced not to match for Leonard. Although I would be fine offering Leonard or Butler the max and daring the other teams to match.

I don't know if the Kings would want Young. Yes he can be a trade piece, but they have two shooting guards that have potential. If they would like, we could take on Jason Thompson or Landry, and we can swap Young for Staukas.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 03:34:20 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think we should keep our pick but I would not mind giving them Sully, AB and some picks for Cousins.  Their not going to do it unless it becomes untenable though.   

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 03:53:11 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I think Cousins will be the next big name on the trading block.

I hope so.  That kid just needs a winning environment.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 03:54:39 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Kings have bent over backwards...how many new coaches , players , promises ...on and on

Eventually he ll see no future and leave ,

Hopefully not for Heat or LA

He has all the gifts and he is not fragile or injury prone......can play and bang huge minutes.

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2015, 03:55:45 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I think Cousins will be the next big name on the trading block.

I hope so.  That kid just needs a winning environment.

He had the same attitude problems at Kentucky when they went 35-3.  I don't think the environment is the biggest issue.  Though it'd be easy to be happier moving from Sacramento to basically anywhere else in the league.

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2015, 03:59:22 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
He has matured quite a bit over the last season .   

He is close to being in control of his emotions .

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2015, 04:11:51 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Bring them both on, but Cousins will require at least this year's first and probably BKN's 2016 first (plus additional decent players), which is fine - I am ready to cement our future - for better or for worse.

Add in Butler, Leonard, or Dragic, and we can be really good really fast.

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2015, 04:27:59 PM »

Offline St.Steven

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2
As dysfunctional as they can be at times, I just don't see the Kings being ready to trade Cousins yet. He's too good, and his contract is too team-friendly relative to his insane production. Unless he starts killing fans or doing meth, I just don't see it happening.

That said, were they to decide he isn't part of their future, I think Celtics 2015 1st, Brooklyn 2016 1st and at least one more 1st would be necessary, in addition to KO or Sully, and Zeller.

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2015, 03:11:59 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Great idea, but the Kings wouldn't do that trade and Leonard isn't going anywhere...

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2015, 03:17:06 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

I'm not sure an opportunity is going to arise for us to get either player.

If the Kings don't turn things around, I think Cousins will have his own ugly transition in the tradition of Dwight Howard and Carmelo Anthony, getting traded for a big grab bag of assets in 2017-2018.

That's a long time to wait, but right now I think Cousins is worth his $15M to the Kings, even if he's unhappy.