Author Topic: the magical number 3  (Read 1865 times)

the magical number 3
« on: January 26, 2015, 07:05:05 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
6 are the first round picks we have 2015-2016... can ainge have 50% success so with smart young bradley sullinger and olynyc create a young core ready to compete? let them grow together... scorer sf and a center are our 3 needs!!!!!!!!

Re: the magical number 3
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 10:00:46 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
A young core based off Sullinger and Olynyk will be flawed.   I think we will draft athletic bigs that can play defense if we are afforder the chance and the era of the slow guys poor on defense will be thankfully over.  Truth is we need a new frontcourt.

Sully looks great if you only read the box, watch the games and see how fat he looks, and last night he looked puffier than ever.   Watch him get beat time after time and negate any offense he creates.

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 06:43:43 AM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
i like sully but think they will eventually trade either sully or olynyk

olynyk seems to have hit his ceiling as a stretch big, a guy that can catch and shoot 3 pointers or create his own shot in the post. He is a limited rebounder and lacks defense potential.
I don't see him getting better as an overall player unless he bulks up to bang down low better and runs the floor better instead of sticking his butt out when he runs.

Overall both seem to lack the athleticism and defensive upside to be stars in the league but i choose sully because he is a slightly better defender and better rebounder, so he has a better chance at becoming a star for Boston. 

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 07:06:11 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
i like sully but think they will eventually trade either sully or olynyk

olynyk seems to have hit his ceiling as a stretch big, a guy that can catch and shoot 3 pointers or create his own shot in the post. He is a limited rebounder and lacks defense potential.
I don't see him getting better as an overall player unless he bulks up to bang down low better and runs the floor better instead of sticking his butt out when he runs.

Overall both seem to lack the athleticism and defensive upside to be stars in the league but i choose sully because he is a slightly better defender and better rebounder, so he has a better chance at becoming a star for Boston.

You think KO's hit his ceiling already as a stretch 4, while playing in the first half of his second year and as a 5? As a 23yo 7 footer? Who is already the best shooter on his team, 9th in the league in 2pt%, and 15th in the league in effective FG%? When you can see him getting stronger by the month and still making correctable defensive mistakes as he learns NBA defense and a new position? When you can see his BBIQ, his passing and ball handling abilities, and his commitment to playing the game unselfishly, in the right way? You think he "sticks his butt out when he runs" and doesn't run the floor very well for a 7 footer?

Oh, there's this too, as a center this year, ESPN has KO as 6th in the league in wins above replacement, behind Chandler, Jordan, Cousins, Gasol, and Horford: http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/position/9
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 07:14:31 AM by clover »