Author Topic: young great stroke moves well athletic-and just a kid  (Read 4423 times)

young great stroke moves well athletic-and just a kid
« on: January 25, 2015, 01:47:52 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233

who and what is the celts vision of young-is he just a shooter,will he play tough d,will he learn to create or is he a slasher.no summer league,pre season and injury and now flu.A little over a year ago he was in high school.Marcus had more of a defined role and strengths and weakness.I have watched james in every red claws game  and his few celtics minutes.Can any comparisons be drawn both offensively and defensively.thanks

Re: young great stroke moves well athletic-and just a kid
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 01:52:18 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
I think he's a spot up shooter with the ability to fill lanes and finish on the break.  He's never had a great first step, but he can finish over smaller guys.  I don't see him an ISO guy or a go-to scorer.

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 02:02:15 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
James Young reminds me of Alex English.

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 02:08:06 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Who has a young great stroke?

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 02:15:37 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
nice comparison alex english,smooth and elegant comes to mind.

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 02:18:58 PM »

Offline GzUP617

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 12
  I could tell who made the thread just based on the title.  Just a lot of free thoughts put into thread form.

The info is correct,  I just don't see the point of them.

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 02:21:14 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Check last year's draft review of James Young. Not much has changed since then.

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 02:57:34 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
I hope he can break out like a Harden or Kobe .......give the Celtics that scoring wing we need to replace Pierce.

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 03:04:16 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
thanks surfer,that was an eye opener on weaknesses.There seems such a rush to get this kid time and away from red claws From the scouting report he seems to need a lot of coaching and playing time  as well as practice before he is ready.Better to work on now than overlook them for his shooting skill.I used draft express. tp for that

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2015, 03:13:37 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
  I could tell who made the thread just based on the title.  Just a lot of free thoughts put into thread form.

The info is correct,  I just don't see the point of them.
ha, ha...sometimes with rollie you have to draw your own pictures, but he starts us off with a good canvas. this time i take from his posting a debate on how to evaluate james young. good topic since young seems to have some unique combinations of talent.

he is a shooter, that is for sure. but he is also 6'7" and has great potential since he is so, well, young!!  ;D

i too wonder what the celtics have with him. hard to compare him right now, but doing so can be fun.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2015, 03:17:30 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Michael Redd before the injuries.

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2015, 03:25:39 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
James Young is not PP. Maybe, I pray, someday he will have some qualities but Young reminds me more of Klay Thompson.

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2015, 04:13:06 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
James Young is not PP. Maybe, I pray, someday he will have some qualities but Young reminds me more of Klay Thompson.
I think Klay is a good comparison. He can surely score in bunches when he gets hot.  He is so young so there is a great deal of hope for us. I hope he does get some bigger minutes in March and April but D league is best now i think while we have Prince.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2015, 04:41:44 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Right now he is a project and has looked like a good shooting rookie who needs to work on other aspects of his game, like his body and his defense.

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2015, 09:30:42 PM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
I think Klay is a good comparison. He can surely score in bunches when he gets hot.  He is so young so there is a great deal of hope for us. I hope he does get some bigger minutes in March and April but D league is best now i think while we have Prince.
He's had one good shooting game in the NBA....maybe I missed if he had another...and we are comparing him to Klay Thompson?  I'd like to see him string 20-30 good games before I start thinking that way.