Author Topic: KG would be perfect here.  (Read 2963 times)

KG would be perfect here.
« on: January 24, 2015, 01:51:19 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Now that we're only 2 1/2 games out of the playoffs I was trying to think of some good rim protecting centers that would be available to us without a big commitment financially. KG, and his $12 million expiring contract, is seeming more and more like the perfect option.

The problem is that he is on a team that we will be competing with for that final playoff spot. I wonder if the cost cutting Nets would be willing to deal KG for Bass straight up? That would allow them to save about $5 million. For us, we keep below the luxury tax threshold.

2 seperate transactions

KG to Boston with TE for a protected 2nd rounder.

Bass to Nets with TE for a protected 2nd rounder.

Re: KG would be perfect here.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 01:53:47 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 01:58:33 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
We'd have to send out another contract to make it work. I don't think we would trade any of our young guys to make the move. Pressey doesnt make enough, Randolph can't be traded with any other players.

It would be sweet to have Garnett come back but I feel like he would be miserable here in our situation. If he's getting traded this year I would assume its for a ring chance.

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 02:34:18 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
His salary fits right into Rondo's trade exemption.  Let's get their 2020 first round pick, the Nets cut his salary plus luxury tax penalties off the books for this year.  :P

If he doesn't want to come here maybe work a 3 team deal.

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 02:41:07 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
It might be good for us and our guys, but that's just about the worse thing for KG. He has almost nothing left in the tank at this point. If he leaves BK, it's to someone like the warriors or Docs clips so he can use that 15 mins of defensive intensity he still provides for a good reason in a place like that.

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 03:28:53 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
KG .....

Is going to coach the blue hairs at the nursing home next year

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 03:47:20 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
His salary fits right into Rondo's trade exemption.  Let's get their 2020 first round pick, the Nets cut his salary plus luxury tax penalties off the books for this year.  :P

If he doesn't want to come here maybe work a 3 team deal.
I'd gladly trade the exception for KG.  If they toss us a 2nd for the cap relief, so be it. 

The exception is a moot point seeing as we have cap space this summer.

Not sure why Brooklyn does it.  They are in the playoffs right now and don't own their 1st.  The only good thing that can come from moving kg is that it will free up a starting spot so that they can play Plumlee and lopez.  But apparently that pairing hasn't been very successful for them.

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 04:49:37 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
KG might provide us with leadership and that might hurt tanking.

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015, 05:01:30 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
The idea of him retiring in green is the only thing enticing about this suggestion.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2015, 05:01:44 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
e x a c t l y

why waste effort and assets just to get to the playoffs?

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2015, 05:10:31 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I think Bass would help Brooklyn more than KG would. KG shouldn't be playing so many minutes at PF at this stage of his career (too slow) and Brooklyn doesn't need him at center with Plumlee and Brook Lopez there. Bass would be a better fit with his defensive quickness.

KG would be better for Boston than Bass is. Boston need another center. Boston could start KG alongside Sully and bring Olynyk / Zeller off the bench. That balance out their big man rotation much better than how Bass fits in.

I'd really like to see that trade for both teams. Win-win.