Author Topic: Rondo benched down the stretch in Dallas  (Read 44401 times)

Re: Rondo benched down the stretch in Dallas
« Reply #150 on: January 29, 2015, 05:19:12 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Does anyone remember the protections on the Dallas pick? They are in seventh in the west!

LarBrd33 and some others (I think maybe triboy) we're right when they said rondo could potentially make Dallas worse. I know some people are saying they are more of a playoff team than a regular season team, but we'll see.
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #151 on: January 29, 2015, 05:42:03 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Does anyone remember the protections on the Dallas pick? They are in seventh in the west!

LarBrd33 and some others (I think maybe triboy) we're right when they said rondo could potentially make Dallas worse. I know some people are saying they are more of a playoff team than a regular season team, but we'll see.

I think we get it if its between 4 -14 or something like that..

« Reply #152 on: January 29, 2015, 05:44:40 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen

Thanks!  Ok, so they have to REALLY fall apart and not win the lottery
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #153 on: January 29, 2015, 06:04:31 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Thanks!  Ok, so they have to REALLY fall apart and not win the lottery

Only small chance is a playoff miss. then the balls have to fall our way.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #154 on: January 29, 2015, 06:40:47 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

4-14 for 2015, Top 7 protected after that until 2021
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #155 on: January 29, 2015, 07:25:19 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I keep hearing about Rondo's defensive contribution somehow balancing out his poor offense. If the Mavericks were satisfied with that, they could have just found a good defender as they are easier to acquire. Or, they could have done nothing and just kept their pick and Wright which would have helped their bench depth. 

I also keep hearing that Rondo will turn it up in the playoffs, but what if they don't make it or their seed is so low that they get killed by a top seed? Don't people see what a backhanded compliment that is? A good player still in his prime age is supposed to be able to get it up for most of the regular season, not just the playoffs.

Who was avalible?

CJ Watson is a good defensive PG and can hit the open shot. He probably would've been had for a 2nd rd pick and the Mavs wouldn't have lost their depth. Thankfully for us, they paid based on reputation, not actual recent performance.

Rondo I felt played well on defense for the Celtics.

« Reply #156 on: January 29, 2015, 07:26:03 PM »

Offline bballdog384

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
  • Rondolope
Would Dallas trade Monta Ellis for a shooting and defensive SG? Could potentially fetch an above average starter and a bench player.

Not too many names come to mind though.. maybe Afflalo or Courtney Lee with a boost on the bench as well.
"You can't play like a robot" -Coach Stevens

« Reply #157 on: January 29, 2015, 07:26:06 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo

Seriously? Rondo has to be the most bashed player on Celticsblog, people can never stop bashing even though he's gone!

« Reply #158 on: January 29, 2015, 07:31:06 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
I keep hearing about Rondo's defensive contribution somehow balancing out his poor offense. If the Mavericks were satisfied with that, they could have just found a good defender as they are easier to acquire. Or, they could have done nothing and just kept their pick and Wright which would have helped their bench depth. 

I also keep hearing that Rondo will turn it up in the playoffs, but what if they don't make it or their seed is so low that they get killed by a top seed? Don't people see what a backhanded compliment that is? A good player still in his prime age is supposed to be able to get it up for most of the regular season, not just the playoffs.

Who was avalible?

How about Iman Shumpert?

He's not much of a ball handler and isn't he injured right now?

« Reply #159 on: January 29, 2015, 08:43:51 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Who was avalible?

CJ Watson is a good defensive PG and can hit the open shot. He probably would've been had for a 2nd rd pick and the Mavs wouldn't have lost their depth. Thankfully for us, they paid based on reputation, not actual recent performance.

No, seriously.

« Reply #160 on: January 29, 2015, 08:55:01 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
They are also what, 10 games ahead of the 9th spot? This pick isn't happening for us this year.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #161 on: January 29, 2015, 08:55:50 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

Who was avalible?

Wow...

« Reply #162 on: January 29, 2015, 09:06:17 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Go OKC / New Orleans!

We need one of those teams to go nuts, while Phoenix hangs in there, so Dallas can finish 9th. Not too unimaginable that a Durant or Davis led team goes on a streak.

But... unlikely.

« Reply #163 on: January 29, 2015, 09:16:18 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen

Seriously? Rondo has to be the most bashed player on Celticsblog, people can never stop bashing even though he's gone!
I don't feel that I'm "bashing" rondo. I'm writing my opinion in a rondo based forum topic

I love rondo, but can you honestly say Dallas has been better since he showed up? Their defense has definitely gotten better, which might pay off in the playoffs. But as a whole, their offense has been worse, and, more importantly, their winning percentage has gone way down.

Having said that, I DO agree with you when you say that rondo is the most bashed player on celticsblog (except maybe for Blount, but he deserved it)
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #164 on: January 29, 2015, 09:17:54 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Koh Bee... tell-me-how-my-***-tastes..
Mike

(My name is not Mike)