Author Topic: Rondo benched down the stretch in Dallas  (Read 44392 times)

Re: Rondo benched down the stretch in Dallas
« Reply #105 on: January 25, 2015, 12:51:01 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Miss ol T Ball Tim......Ha ....ya 'll run him plum off the blog .

The Rondo LazyGate debate continues ....on and on.
He probably switched to the Mavs blog.  Hell, maybe he is the starting point guard on the Mavericks.

« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2015, 12:54:56 PM »

Offline bobbyv

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
So we're just going to ignore the fact that Rondo has dramatically improved Dallas's defense?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 01:13:02 PM by bobbyv »

« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2015, 01:00:47 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
So we're just going to ignore the fact that Rondo's has dramatically improved Dallas's defense?

Because DEFENSE isn't pretty on CelticsBlog anymore, bobbyv.

And it's fashionable to call Rondo supporters - DELUSIONAL....lol.

So, because I don't agree with someone (Eddie20/LarBrd33) - I'm now Delusional.

IF anything, I have a BACKBONE.

« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2015, 01:16:15 PM »

Offline bobbyv

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
So we're just going to ignore the fact that Rondo's has dramatically improved Dallas's defense?

Because DEFENSE isn't pretty on CelticsBlog anymore, bobbyv.

And it's fashionable to call Rondo supporters - DELUSIONAL....lol.

So, because I don't agree with someone (Eddie20/LarBrd33) - I'm now Delusional.

IF anything, I have a BACKBONE.

Lol. I'm wondering why there wasn't a thread when Dallas got a great win over Memphis where Rondo scored 2 buckets in clutch time.

« Reply #109 on: January 25, 2015, 01:16:59 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

He did what Cousy and DJ did before him - become the lesser player for the good of the team.

Wait...Rondo dogging it on defense was for the good of the Celtics?  The Mavs don't need Rondo to score, rebound or pass? 

Mike

Rondo is 1st on the team in passing, at 7.1 per. That is in only 16 games. Next is Monta, at 4.5 - but in 44 games.

He is averaging 5.1 rebounds, which is only .9 behind the no. 2 rebounder in Dirk (6.0 per game).

Scoring? He has elite scorers around him, like he did in 07-08..........10.1 per game is FINE on the DAL team, and actually nearly 2 more per game than BOS.

Guess we can blame Brad for the stats in BOS? Oh, wait....................

1.  So, even you admit that Rondo WAS HURTING THE CELTICS by dogging it on defense?  Can we at least stop arguing that?

2.  As has been pointed out many, many times already, Dallas' offense has gotten worse with Rondo.  In that light, his lackluster stats are certainly relevant.

3.  I still don't understand how it makes Rondo look good to acknowledge he's gone from being a max-contract player to an even worse shooting version of Tony Allen.

Mike

« Reply #110 on: January 25, 2015, 01:19:03 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Jesus, 8 pages on a Rondo thread after he's not even on the team...
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #111 on: January 25, 2015, 01:20:04 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
So we're just going to ignore the fact that Rondo has dramatically improved Dallas's defense?

I think Rondo improving Dallas' defense has been pointed out and recognized pretty consistently in this thread.

If there's any denial in this thread it's from the folks who can't quite seem to come to grips with what it means for Rondo to go from being a max contract guy who could be the core of a title contender to a defensive role player who can't play at the end of close games because he can't make a free throw to save his life.

Mike

« Reply #112 on: January 25, 2015, 01:28:32 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

I think Rondo improving Dallas' defense has been pointed out and recognized pretty consistently in this thread.

If there's any denial in this thread it's from the folks who can't quite seem to come to grips with what it means for Rondo to go from being a max contract guy who could be the core of a title contender to a defensive role player who can't play at the end of close games because he can't make a free throw to save his life.

Mike

Looks like we'll never agree on Rondo then...that's ok. We keep going back and forth like these poor camels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxCVtEeJnZ0

It's what we do, right?

« Reply #113 on: January 25, 2015, 03:30:03 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
dont worry. i am positive that very soon everyone in this thread will change their minds and emotions, find beauty in the viewpoints of other posters, and live in harmony. after all, no one sane would keep repeating, and repeating, and repeating the same arguments again and again when the responses of other posters never change.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #114 on: January 25, 2015, 06:13:37 PM »

Offline inverselock

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
Mario Chalmers is GOAT pg.   Has 2 rings.

« Reply #115 on: January 25, 2015, 06:31:33 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
dont worry. i am positive that very soon everyone in this thread will change their minds and emotions, find beauty in the viewpoints of other posters, and live in harmony. after all, no one sane would keep repeating, and repeating, and repeating the same arguments again and again when the responses of other posters never change.  ;D

I'm very open to be proven wrong. So far it's not happening. I'll give it until the end of the year.

« Reply #116 on: January 25, 2015, 06:51:16 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I keep seeing people say that he's made their offense worse, but even with the regression their still one of the best offensive teams in league - top 10. Now they've got a respectable defense. Somehow I'm sure Cuban and Carlisle are okay with that.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #117 on: January 25, 2015, 06:57:50 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I don't see Rondo having a huge effect either way .  Ellis is more important by a mile to Dallas, who heed his scoring .  Rondo is way down the rung on key players........

The team basically is a playoff contender with Dirk ....with or without Rondo

No Dirk and they are at best a .500 ball club ......when Dirk is out.......I remember some huge losing stretches .

Rondo belongs on a club with a huge frontline of top  talent Bigs .......Detroit would be good place for him.

Old Dirk ....sorta not a great Rondo fit.

« Reply #118 on: January 25, 2015, 07:52:15 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

I'm very open to be proven wrong. So far it's not happening. I'll give it until the end of the year.
as are all those other posters you are jousting with. has any changed their mind yet?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #119 on: January 25, 2015, 08:17:33 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Tp brought a smile to my face for sure
Rondo doing well tonight and a big side note Powell is looking good with rotation minutes on a better team than the celts