Author Topic: Is Bass killing our tanking?  (Read 12386 times)

Re: Is Bass killing our tanking?
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2015, 09:09:55 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
Look into history..

TANKING TEAMS NEVER WIN THE LOTTERY..

Its either NBA conspiracy (Clevland) or just Karma..

« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2015, 09:11:34 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Lets put it this way.

What would of tanking badly last season would of done??
Outside of Wiggins what have the other 5 guys before Smart shown?   
3 guys are likely out for the year (Parker, Embiid, Gordon) and Exum is not doing any better than Smart.
Only when there is going to be another Duncan, Durant would tanking purposely be worthwhile.
I mean if this was the case for the 2015 draft, Danny would of traded Bass, Thornton, Prince, Sullnger, Turner by now. 

Bottom line is you can get some real good players in the draft anywhere from (8-14) but Danny and CBS will have to do their homework.   I rather play well and draft a guy from 8-14 vs playing like crap (having no system in place)  getting a guy earlier where there is only a minor chance they become better players in the league
if I recall correctly, you've been one of the more-vocal people here in favor of tanking for the past couple of seasons.

you recall wrong.

Bc i wanted Rondo traded does not mean I want the Celtics to tank.

I get upset when the Celts lose games

I'm with Tommy. Win , build a system 1st. A winning environment, then the other things add to that.   This method is better than tanking, picking 1st , tanking picking 2nd etc. 

Unless there is a once in a lifetime talent like Duncan or Durant coming out of the draft (even then there is no certainty you will get #1 bc of the lotto). 2015 does not have a talent like this coming out anyways

No, if Danny's intention was to tank this season, he would have traded Bass and kept Rondo... ;D ;)

« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2015, 09:15:08 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Look into history..

Its either NBA conspiracy (Clevland) or just Karma..

Spurs.

« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2015, 09:46:56 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Look into history..

I think Philly has done well lately.  They may not have got the number one but they have got nice players were they were picking.  Granted it has not translated to success on the court but some day it might.

« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2015, 10:35:31 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
To tank ....first you need a Willing GM

Danny either is not a tanker or he is following the owners wishes....which I suspect is the bottom line

They want happy fans in the seats.

Second .....you need a coach .....that's a tuff one ...most coach don't want to TRY to loose or be saddled on purpose with bad players .

Do you want a tanking coach leading the rebuild ? It may take multiple nobody coaches to get you though several years.   Of bad player moral,  no fans in the seats, poor TV ratings ...etc

Tanking ...correct ...I think requires the Coach also be the GM .   

Or hiring a nobody coach , you plan on firing once you get those stars and they develop