Author Topic: Klay Thompson drops 37 in one quarter  (Read 5061 times)

Re: Klay Thompson drops 37 in one quarter
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2015, 12:19:39 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
But I just get the feeling that this team's success in the regular season won't translate well into the post-season.

I think it will translate well. Their defensive integrity is very good.

Draymond Green and Andrew Bogut is one of the best PF-C defensive combos in the league. Size, athleticism and solid defensive across perimeter starters with one of the best defensive wings in the game in Iggy off the bench. Ezeli as option as a backup C to retain interior defense when Bogut needs a break in playoffs.

Offense is much better with Draymond Green than David Lee. Green can properly space the floor. Offense would get cluttered with Lee and Bogut both wanting to be inside 15 feet. Green creates more room for people to operate. Harder for opposing team's defenses to hone in on GSW's offensive threats now.

We'll see.

I'm not sure that the same team that was bounced by the Clips last year are not much better than last year.

Playoffs are a different format...smaller rotations and the game is slowed down considerably.

No Bogut in playoffs last year.

Likely would've beaten Clippers if Bogut had of been healthy (lost in 7 without him).
Likewise, probably will lose this year if Bogut is not healthy (again!).

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2015, 12:25:26 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
But I just get the feeling that this team's success in the regular season won't translate well into the post-season.

Draymond Green and Andrew Bogut is one of the best PF-C defensive combos in the league. Size, athleticism and solid defensive across perimeter starters with one of the best defensive wings in the game in Iggy off the bench. Ezeli as option as a backup C to retain interior defense when Bogut needs a break in playoffs.

Offense is much better with Draymond Green than David Lee. Green can properly space the floor. Offense would get cluttered with Lee and Bogut both wanting to be inside 15 feet. Green creates more room for people to operate. Harder for opposing team's defenses to hone in on GSW's offensive threats now.

We'll see.

I'm not sure that the same team that was bounced by the Clips last year are not much better than last year.

Playoffs are a different format...smaller rotations and the game is slowed down considerably.

Likely would've beaten Clippers if Bogut had of been healthy (lost in 7 without him).

Good points.

But I'm just not impressed with GSW long-term...they are explosive offensively (as Klay here demonstrated last night) but the last several teams to win Banners were MIA, DAL, Spurs and BOS....all top defensive teams.

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2015, 12:26:03 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
And thus, fans around the nba see why the warriors refused to trade Thompson for Love.  And why the twolves preferred a Thompson package to anything from Cleveland.
I hope Love leaves in free agency, Thompson makes All-NBA and validates Golden State's refusal to trade him, and Wiggins becomes ROY and a perennial All-Star. All so that we can call that the worst trade in NBA history.

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2015, 12:37:48 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349

We'll see.

Good points.

But I'm just not impressed with GSW long-term...they are explosive offensively (as Klay here demonstrated last night) but the last several teams to win Banners were MIA, DAL, Spurs and BOS....all top defensive teams.

This isn't the old Golden State- they actually have a decent defense now. They're 12th best in points allowed per game, 17th best in points in the paint allowed, and 1st in opponents' assist-TO ratio. Combine an average defense that forces turnovers with the best offense in the NBA, and you get a team with the best average point differential (+12.1) in the league. While Curry may be a weak defender, I would venture to say that Thompson is at least average with good size (6'7"), and Green and Bogut are well above average defenders. I think they are the real deal.

All numbers from here:
http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/team/golden-state-warriors/stats

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2015, 01:03:18 PM »

Offline NYDan

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 22

We'll see.

Yeah, Bogut is key. With him in the mix their team is 22-1 and scary well rounded, he has to be healthy when things slow down in the playoffs. Klay's run wouldn't have been as impressive if the Kings were keeping up on the other end, but they shut them down defensively as well.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 01:39:54 PM by NYDan »