Author Topic: Prince making a difference  (Read 11149 times)

Re: Prince making a difference
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2015, 09:42:04 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Despite his weird shot mechanics, I have always liked the way he played the game.   I used to wish we would get him.   He is always in the right place at the right time.   He is providing leadership to the team, that Green and Rondo never could.

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2015, 11:01:50 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Boston was 6-for-19 shooting in the quarter with six turnovers, a stark contrast from its brilliant offensive first half.

“I came into halftime and I told the guys this game is by far from being over,” Prince said. “We came in the third quarter and got real slow with our ball movement. We got a little bit satisfied with our lead. We just pass the ball one time and shoot. So when I got in there, I was telling the guys we’re going to have to move the ball more, take better shots.”

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2015, 11:52:58 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Darnit, I feel conflicted.  I feel that Prince is making a positive difference for our team.  On the other hand, he probably saved us from adding to the loss column and a better lottery pick.  Will we miss the lotto by keeping good expiring vets like Prince and Bass?

My brains tell me that if you blow it up, you might as well blow it up all the way and get whatever assets you can.  On the other hand.  It is good to have a couple of veteran influences on hand for a roster that is very, very young.

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2015, 12:02:10 PM »

Offline fmf2

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 11
Classic no lose situation. IMO Ainge has shown commendable patience and discipline throughout this rebuild. I am sure some gms would have bought him out immediately.

Even though it is a small sample size, I like crowder/prince at the 3 better than green. Maybe it is attitude or maybe it is how they fit into the system but they seem more effective than green was.

So, keeping him is good, or holding on to him for a bit while his value increases is also good.

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2015, 12:15:56 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Classic no lose situation. IMO Ainge has shown commendable patience and discipline throughout this rebuild. I am sure some gms would have bought him out immediately.

Even though it is a small sample size, I like crowder/prince at the 3 better than green. Maybe it is attitude or maybe it is how they fit into the system but they seem more effective than green was.

So, keeping him is good, or holding on to him for a bit while his value increases is also good.

What do you think we could get for him?  Is what we get for him worth the potential drop in our draft standing?
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2015, 12:26:15 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

What do you think we could get for him?  Is what we get for him worth the potential drop in our draft standing?

I think initially Ainge would have taken a second-rounder and an expiring.  I hope that seeing him with the team would make him hold out for more, and keep him if he doesn't get it.  Stevens has gained a lot of trust with him very quickly, and I'm sure that confidence is shared by others on the team.  If Prince can help guys like Bradley, Smart, and Turner know what to do a bit more when they're on the court, that has more value than a second rounder, or even a few spots in the draft if we win some extra games.  Stevens can't get out there on the floor with them during games and show them what to do -- if Prince can do that, it's definitely worth keeping him.

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2015, 12:37:06 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
I'll take his length and defensive fundamentals over Green's sporadic, but explosive scoring.  This deal really worked out well for both teams.

Too bad Prince is on his last leg.  Love what he brings.

« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2015, 12:43:27 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Could be he is raising his value.   You don't want to let other teams know, that you would sell cheap.   If he produces it raises his value.

I think he is better than Crowder.

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2015, 01:10:26 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Could be he is raising his value.   You don't want to let other teams know, that you would sell cheap.   If he produces it raises his value.

I think he is better than Crowder.

I agree ....I'm hoping Crowder picks up on the details of a Prince game .  .....patterns his offense after him.

Prince is ready , steady and ice cool under pressure.  So smooth.

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2015, 01:15:15 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951

I think initially Ainge would have taken a second-rounder and an expiring.  I hope that seeing him with the team would make him hold out for more, and keep him if he doesn't get it.  Stevens has gained a lot of trust with him very quickly, and I'm sure that confidence is shared by others on the team.  If Prince can help guys like Bradley, Smart, and Turner know what to do a bit more when they're on the court, that has more value than a second rounder, or even a few spots in the draft if we win some extra games.  Stevens can't get out there on the floor with them during games and show them what to do -- if Prince can do that, it's definitely worth keeping him.

TP

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2015, 01:18:03 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
Crowder will be better over the next 4 years, but the analytics over a few games make Prince look like our best player.  Love his calming influence and the "I can always get a shot at any time over anyone" factor.

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2015, 01:20:55 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I assume we are showcasing Prince for a trade. What good team would not want him on the floor? He can still play very well on both ends, especially on D. 

I forgot how special he was as a player. Unique.

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2015, 01:44:28 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I assume we are showcasing Prince for a trade. What good team would not want him on the floor? He can still play very well on both ends, especially on D. 

We don't need to "showcase' a player like Prince.  Every team knows what he brings to the table by know.

He is playing because (a) he fits well, and (b) he is better than the other players.

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2015, 01:50:08 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

We don't need to "showcase' a player like Prince.  Every team knows what he brings to the table by know.

He is playing because (a) he fits well, and (b) he is better than the other players.

While I largely agree, I think that one thing you can't know is how quickly/well a player will fit in with his teammates and scheme.  Prince's quick and professional adaptation to Boston, despite his presumed transitory time on the roster, should increase his value.  This is because he's likely to adapt and fit with his new team very quickly, thus reducing risk in acquiring him.  As risk decreases, price increases (that's finance 101.)

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2015, 02:16:26 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Prince has been a pro's pro.  That is a factor that team's must consider when bringing in someone new.  Is he going to have trouble fitting in, will he have trouble adjusting to a new system, how is he going to be as a lockerroom presence?  Prince has answered all those questions with positive evaluations.

If Danny can get assets for both Jeff Green and Prince's expiring, he will essentially have created additional assets.  Thank you Prince for being a pro.  I don't think you are long for Boston if we get any kind of assets (ie picks) in return, but you have been a good guy here for our team thus far.