Author Topic: Prince making a difference  (Read 11159 times)

Re: Prince making a difference
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2015, 08:43:47 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
The Hawks have at least two allstar caliber players on their team.  The Celtics have none.  So I don't expect the Celtics as constituted to ever start playing like the Hawks.

I hope Prince is gone within ten games.

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2015, 08:44:53 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Could be the Hawks and Warriors at the end

Prince and Bass playing well ...will be worth more if they are shown they can still play.

Be interesting to,see what Danny gets for them.

Anyway .......they are entertaining the fans , helping the team and coaches confidence .  Paying fans don't want to watch a team of morons like the Knicks and Philly. .....I can't bare to watch two minutes of either of these teams.

It's a balancing act .....providing value for the fans and TV contracts ...vs tanking
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 08:50:55 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2015, 01:17:47 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Prince seems to be the ideal vet to help this team.
A calming influence on the court who contributes to the box score.
Perfect guy to have next year when we're aiming at improving our win loss ratio.
Ainge has a difficult decision. Trade him for more assets and nudge the team toward all out tank or keep him and try to persuade him finish is career as an on the court mentor to a young talented team.

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2015, 01:38:20 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Perfect guy to have next year when we're aiming at improving our win loss ratio.
Ainge has a difficult decision. Trade him for more assets and nudge the team toward all out tank or keep him and try to persuade him finish is career as an on the court mentor to a young talented team.

exactly.    He can shoot the ball still and just plays the game the right way.

He is obviously not the same player he was before but has 2-3 more good years off the bench and his advices to the young players/CBS is more valuable than people think. 

The only guy right now on the roster also that knows what it takes to win a ring also

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2015, 10:38:37 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Retaining Prince next season just doesn't make sense either way you look at it.
He'll want to play for a contender, not sit on the end of our scrubby bench just to motivate a young lottery team.

Not happening.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2015, 10:52:19 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Prince will gone, we already have Wallace doing exact same thing. Wallace is not playing beacuse he is untradeable , while prince still have some trade value.

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2015, 01:53:22 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

Mentoring is overrated.  Especially from a guy who is on an expiring deal and will be a FA at the end of the year.  Why would Prince want to play for a rebuilding team when he can get his money elsewhere and/or play on a contender once the season is over?

Trade Prince for picks or assets when the trade DL comes up.  This is no time to be sentimental.

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2015, 11:30:47 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Mentoring is overrated.  Especially from a guy who is on an expiring deal and will be a FA at the end of the year.  Why would Prince want to play for a rebuilding team when he can get his money elsewhere and/or play on a contender once the season is over?

Trade Prince for picks or assets when the trade DL comes up.  This is no time to be sentimental.

So what did you think of Prince tonight??

Mentoring is overrated?    ET didn't even know you could go backcourt to receive the ball with less than a min to go. Prince was pointing it out

Prince has done something to this lineup.  It has played differently ever since he has come on board.  He has good communication skills and i think will make a fine coach/assistant coach one day (college or nba)

If we get offered a 1st or a nice young prospect I would trade Prince in a heartbeat. Otherwise its more valuable to keep him for rest of the season

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2015, 11:33:22 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Princes calm.....high IQ ....winning attitude professional attitude has made a Huge impact on this team .....

I doubt Prince would have appreciated Rondos lazy unprofessional ways .

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2015, 11:38:07 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Princes calm.....high IQ ....winning attitude professional attitude has made a Huge impact on this team .....

I doubt Prince would have appreciated Rondos lazy unprofessional ways .

Yup. Easily outplaying crowder.  Wallace is even outplaying crowder

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2015, 11:52:47 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
It's interesting to see the apparant different impacts of Green and Prince.  I thought Green was playing well to start but was really locked into the idea that he was "The Man" on this team.  Of course, then he totally checked out once Rondo was traded.  Prince has never been "The Man" but has gotten more out of his talent than Green ever has and that attitude seems to be contagious.

Mike

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2015, 12:08:44 AM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
They need to trade him asap

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2015, 12:16:04 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
They need to trade him asap

Lol. No keep him

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2015, 07:59:26 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
It's interesting to see the apparant different impacts of Green and Prince.  I thought Green was playing well to start but was really locked into the idea that he was "The Man" on this team.  Of course, then he totally checked out once Rondo was traded.  Prince has never been "The Man" but has gotten more out of his talent than Green ever has and that attitude seems to be contagious.

Mike

+1

Prince > Green. And has only played 4-5 games

Prince could be the captain of this team

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2015, 09:07:42 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Solid player.  Doesnt make too mistakes. Seeing him talk to the players during huddles, after whistles and CBS after timeouts are called. CBS is listening. Players are listening. Prince has won a ring and been on some solid teams.  I would not mind having him back for another year if he is willing to stick around
I don't see him being brought back next year but his impact on this team is becoming pretty evident.  He may have been a buy-out candidate when he was acquired but if Danny can't work out a trade for him (which I do think he's trying regardless of Prince's impact) I could see Danny keeping him for the rest of the year so the youth continues to learn from his example. 

That said, with Prince's performance so far with this team, I think his market value is increasing around the league.  Danny should be able to get a decent return for him by the deadline