Author Topic: Does LMA injury open up Portland for Bass Trade  (Read 5827 times)

Re: Does LMA injury open up Portland for Bass Trade
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2015, 03:46:27 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199

If I was Portland, I would be asking about Zeller.
I'd be asking about Sully.

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2015, 03:50:10 PM »

Offline marlon.oddo

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Zach Lowe just posted a good article about the Blazers.  They are unlikely to make a panic trade.  I don't think it's known yet how severe Aldridge's injury is. 

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2015, 03:54:38 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Zach Lowe just posted a good article about the Blazers.  They are unlikely to make a panic trade.  I don't think it's known yet how severe Aldridge's injury is.

Fairly sure he's had surgery and is out 6-8 weeks.  Should be fine for the playoffs, but getting there is not guaranteed, and seeding is even more variable currently.

Personally, I've thought that Bass has made sense there for awhile.  LMA's injury just increases that need.  It's fine to not panic, but they'd be a better team in May with Bass on it.

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2015, 04:27:43 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Think its the best opportunity for Bass. The combined win totals of players that Danny sold off must be one of the highest ever for a roster deconstruction.

Memphis
Dallas
Brooklyn
Washington
Clippers
Denver
Portland?

Come to the Celtics. If it doesn't work out, we'll find you a good spot.

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2015, 05:02:28 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
If Portland wants to win now and they're willing to give us a top-5 protected first round pick, I'd trade Bass and Zeller for TRob + Leonard + Will Barton + the pick:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mks92sp

Portland gets the best players
Boston gets young prospects to evaluate/develop/tank, and the pick for their troubles

Not a panic move for Portland, if they give their 2015 pick it will be in the late twenties, and they get quality backup bigs.

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2015, 02:58:09 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
It has just been reported that Aldridge will opt to play through his injury and forgo having surgery at the moment. He will play tonight against the Wizards.

I still believe Bass would be a great addition to Portland. I also believe Robinson would be a good addition to an already young Boston Celtics team. At age 23 he can provide athleticism and hustle. He fits in with our current style of play which is running the floor. I've loved having Bass as a Celtic, but let's be realistic...HIS TIME IS UP!!

I don't understand why anyone would be against trading Bass for Robinson. Barring a blockbuster trade that makes BOS contenders for a championship, I don't see any reason to keep Brandon Bass beyond this upcoming trade deadline. Trade him to a team that deserves to have his playoff experience and skill set. POR is a perfect fit. Bass will NOT re-sign with us next year (barring a blockbuster trade that sends vets to BOS). Get something for him now!

Here is my proposed trade:

BOS sends: Bass to POR for Robinson, Claver, & Barton
POR sends: Robinson, Claver, & Barton to BOS for Bass

This trade opens up two roster spots for POR, which allows them to either sign a free agent, a bought-out player, or a player who gets waived. This trade saves BOS money this year (hence why no 2nd round picks are involved). BOS will also have the opportunity to waive Claver & Barton or trade them somewhere else (separate deals) to a team that needs the cap space or wants to buy them out to create an open roster spot.

I'd also be interested in trading for Leonard, McCollum, or Crabbe.

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2015, 03:18:53 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Nope