Author Topic: Does LMA injury open up Portland for Bass Trade  (Read 5835 times)

Does LMA injury open up Portland for Bass Trade
« on: January 23, 2015, 11:38:48 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
With the injury being announced before last nights game I cant help but wonder if DA has had talks with the Blazers about Bass.

A simple trade could be Robinson and Crabbe for Bass.

Blazers
Robinson played well last night but is the inferior offensive player to Bass. With LMA Bass should be able to start for them at the 4 and give them consistent 12pt 6rb production. This along with other players stepping up may be enough to keep them in the playoffs till LMA gets healthy.

Cs
They will give Robinson consistent minutes as the 4th big and with KO out he will actually be the 3rd big. It may serve as a tryout for him. Crabbe I really liked coming out of college and I think with minutes he will produce. If and when Prince ro Thorton are moved some wing time may become available for Crabbe.

A Bigger trade idea

Blazers get

Bass, Turner, 2015 76ers 2nd, 2016 76ers 2nd

Celtics get

McCollum, Robinson and Crabbe

Blazer,

They gain bass like I previously stated. Also they get Turner who will give them more production then any player they currently have on their bench. The really early 2nds may lessen the sting of losing McCollum.

Celtics,

McCollum needs minutes and the Cs can give them to him. Make him the 3rd guard with Smart and AB and I think he shines.

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Does LMA injury open up Portland for Bass Trade
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 12:14:52 PM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
I don't like this trade personally, just trading Bass in order to get rid of him type of trade where we won't get enough value. We won't get a lottery pick for Bass, but at least get something worth. He's a veteran locker room presence and someone you can have on your team without impacting the development of Olynyk as a bench guy. Bass accepted a role off the bench.

I like it for Portland though.

Also I don't get why we give up both Sixers picks for McCollum When we can get a better player in the 2nd round.

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 12:21:01 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I still think Bass or Prince fit Portland perfectly. The trouble is finding a deal that works for both teams money wise.

If we traded one of them for Robinson and Dorrell Wright I believe this would work under the salary requirements. (It would be close if not). Not sure what picks Portland has or if they'd be willing to give any since they were giving up Rob.

Wright is an expiring and Robinson is a young big whom we could give a look at and see what he has. Not sure if value is equal but it gives us a look at a younger prospect and still gives us an expiring.

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 12:30:12 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
Not impressed with McCollum or Crabbe.  Kinda like Robinson, but I'm not really motivated to do a deal.  I'd rather find a draft pick somewhere.

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 01:20:52 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
How does it help the Blazers to trade Robinson for Bass?  Robinson is younger, cheaper, stronger and a better rebounder and shot blocker.  Bass is a better shooter/scorer and that's all.  They want to add to their bigs not take one out....

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 01:24:03 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
if the player is not outstanding and their salary goes beyond next year, ainge will not, in all likelihood, make a trade. he is setting the celtics up for maximum maneuverability in 2016 i think.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2015, 01:54:37 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
How does it help the Blazers to trade Robinson for Bass?  Robinson is younger, cheaper, stronger and a better rebounder and shot blocker.  Bass is a better shooter/scorer and that's all.  They want to add to their bigs not take one out....

answered your own question. With LMA out they lose 23ppg. Robinson is not a scorer and is not going to help fill that void, either is lopez when healthy.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2015, 02:02:01 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
I don't like this trade personally, just trading Bass in order to get rid of him type of trade where we won't get enough value. We won't get a lottery pick for Bass, but at least get something worth. He's a veteran locker room presence and someone you can have on your team without impacting the development of Olynyk as a bench guy. Bass accepted a role off the bench.

I like it for Portland though.

Also I don't get why we give up both Sixers picks for McCollum When we can get a better player in the 2nd round.

I personally still think McMollum could be really good, he just needs a chance. When ever he eclipses 20min in a game he puts up numbers. I think he actually is a nice compliment to Smart and AB.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2015, 02:11:01 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
if the player is not outstanding and their salary goes beyond next year, ainge will not, in all likelihood, make a trade. he is setting the celtics up for maximum maneuverability in 2016 i think.

He will not take a player with salary beyond this year unless he's exceptional.  He wants maximum flexibility this summer.  Get a core of three big-time players who are under contract for 2016, and you'll have the cap flexibility to add a fourth when the cap rises by over $20 million.

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2015, 02:42:15 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
I think the guy they should really deal is Batum. Assuming they keep Matthews and Aldridge and either re-sign Lopez or find a FA replacement at C, Batum's 12 mil/year contract will be tough to justify, even with the cap rising. Lillard is going to be getting a huge raise after next season and Batum is a luxury they can't justify re-signing, especially now that he's playing so poorly. With 1.5 years left on his deal now is the best time to trade him, perhaps for a couple capable role players on cheap or rookie deals and a draft pick.

Of course it would have been ideal if he had been playing well and they dealt him for a mother load but I think some team will still see potential in him and offer something fair.

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2015, 02:46:36 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

answered your own question. With LMA out they lose 23ppg. Robinson is not a scorer and is not going to help fill that void, either is lopez when healthy.

This.

TRob has done nothing in his 4 years that would lead me to believe that Bass wouldn't be an improvement him in multiple aspects of the game.

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2015, 02:46:57 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I think the guy they should really deal is Batum. Assuming they keep Matthews and Aldridge and either re-sign Lopez or find a FA replacement at C, Batum's 12 mil/year contract will be tough to justify, even with the cap rising. Lillard is going to be getting a huge raise after next season and Batum is a luxury they can't justify re-signing, especially now that he's playing so poorly. With 1.5 years left on his deal now is the best time to trade him, perhaps for a couple capable role players on cheap or rookie deals and a draft pick.

Of course it would have been ideal if he had been playing well and they dealt him for a mother load but I think some team will still see potential in him and offer something fair.

The major cap increase isn't expected until Batum's contract ends.  Lillard's extension and Batum won't overlap.  He may be overpaid, but they're not getting a replacement this season.  With LMA up for free agency, this season matters big-time.

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2015, 03:21:31 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

No it doesn't' answer my question because if you check LA also averages 10+ RPG and Bass is an undersized PF who doesn't rebound as well as Robinson.  Also, if you check Bass is only a career 9 PPG scorer so you really aren't picking up that much.  If they trade for Bass they aren't trading Robinson..

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2015, 03:29:48 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

If I was Portland, I would be asking about Zeller.

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2015, 03:43:35 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

This.

TRob has done nothing in his 4 years that would lead me to believe that Bass wouldn't be an improvement him in multiple aspects of the game.
This.  never understood the fascination for Robinson.  just because someone's a high pick doesn't mean they're ever going to show they're more than a journeyman.  coming to the C's is in no way an elixir to cure a lack of talent or drive