Author Topic: My early draft pick choices are: Looney, Levert, Ashley  (Read 7278 times)

Re: My early draft pick choices are: Looney, Levert, Ashley
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2015, 11:09:38 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
Levert really has exceptional court vision too.  That's the part I can't really think of a comp for.  He was slinging bullet passes around in the games I watched and he has the size to do it.  Sadly, they were bouncing off guy's chests.  Weak Michigan team.

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2015, 11:24:53 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
nm
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2015, 12:19:07 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
top pick:
*Emmanuel Mudiay (skill to be one of the very best pgs in the game.)
comparison: John Wall+ Kyrie Irving mix/ Deron Williams

early 20s:
*Trey Lyles (smooth offensively gifted 4 with range and good rebounder)
low end comparison: Brandon Bass
high end comparison: Carlos Boozer

*Egemen Guven (highly skilled young European pf with post game and above average physical tools)
high end comparison: Pau Gasol

*Christian Wood (outstanding combo of length athleticism and skill.. can put the ball on the floor and blow by bigs while facing up.. good shot blocker)
comparison: John Henson/Taj Gibson

second round:

*Dakari Johnson (fairly unathletic big man good size... raw offensively but you can tell he is going to be a good post scorer..great hands ok footwork and feel)
high end comparison: Nene

*Rashad Vaugn (freshman scorer with good athleticism and nice jumper)
comparison:Danny Green/athletic Marcus Thorton
I've watched all the Mudiay stuff and I'm just not seeing it. He looks like a great player, don't get me wrong, but John Wall's athleticism is on another level.  If Wall is a 10, Mudiay is an 8.5.

The Reggie Lewis comp is pretty good, actually.

Youre right. I dont see the John Wall level athleticism. John Wall is a freak but i added Kyrie Irving who is less athletic so i guess it balances out  ;D ;D

In your defense though Mudiay isn't exactly in concrete shoes out there either. Even if he doesn't possess Wall's goat like end to end speed or sheer explosiveness he has close to elite change of speed ability. The problem that I see for him being a fit on this team is that he may be a bit of a malcontent.

Mudiay went to Dion Sanders school Prime Prep For 2 Years...

The charter school -- co-founded by NFL Hall of Famer Deion "Prime Time" Sanders, hence the name "Prime Prep" -- is facing closure due to improper financial management and a failure to comply with the state's education code, according to the Texas Education Agency. In other words, it might soon cease to exist. But Prime Prep has existed since 2012 -- although, for purposes of qualifying academically to compete at an NCAA institution, Prime Prep has never been considered a safe route, mostly because it has, according to the NCAA, forever "been under an extended evaluation period to determine if it meets the academic requirements for NCAA cleared status."

Translation: Attend Prime Prep at your own risk.

What defenders of Prime Prep might point out is that Prime Prep alums Jordan Mickey and Karviar Shephard enrolled at LSU and TCU last year and were cleared academically, and that's true. But a source told CBSSports.com that both players needed a waiver to get through the Eligibility Center, and that their waivers were only considered because both had done enough academic work before enrolling at Prime Prep to meet the waiver threshold. The source added that neither Mickey nor Shephard ultimately relied on even a single course from Prime Prep to attain initial eligibility.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24627290/those-two-years-spent-at-prime-prep-put-emmanuel-mudiay-in-a-tough-spot

Many great players including Derrick Rose have had academic issues in the past that have had no discernible on court impact. I just get nervous when players think that they are exempt from the process of becoming a pro. Make's you wonder what other areas will they neglect. Film Study? Learning the system? Injury Rehab? ETC

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2015, 11:55:08 AM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2015, 12:05:47 PM »

Offline notthebowler

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 27
I don't see how you possibly take Lavert with a first given his injury history. If you take him and he never gets off of the injured list you look like a complete fool. A great team with a late 1st can take that chance, but not us.

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2015, 12:09:07 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
I don't see how you possibly take Lavert with a first given his injury history. If you take him and he never gets off of the injured list you look like a complete fool. A great team with a late 1st can take that chance, but not us.
People are talking about the Clipper or 76ers pick, but yeah, it's a gamble.

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2015, 12:24:59 PM »

Offline notthebowler

• Joe Mazzulla

Yeah, I'd be ok with him in the second round, but not with the guaranteed deal he would get in the first.  You should be able to get a solid role player with the Clippers pick.

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2015, 12:49:27 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja

Yeah, I'd be ok with him in the second round, but not with the guaranteed deal he would get in the first.  You should be able to get a solid role player with the Clippers pick.
i understand your point on drafting a solid role player. but right now, i could also understand going for broke with the clipper pick, either with levert or someone similar.

the celtics have a bunch of solid players already, bench/role guys. next, the celtics have FOUR first round picks and philly's 2nd rounders, which will be around 31-34 range. they have more than ample opportunity to pick up role players should they want to do so.

for now, i think ainge should gamble with the clip pick.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2015, 12:51:42 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

i understand your point on drafting a solid role player. but right now, i could also understand going for broke with the clipper pick, either with levert or someone similar.

the celtics have a bunch of solid players already, bench/role guys. next, the celtics have FOUR first round picks and philly's 2nd rounders, which will be around 31-34 range. they have more than ample opportunity to pick up role players should they want to do so.

+1. Levert is fully set to recover. Risky but no more risky than what the 76ers did drafting noel

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2015, 12:55:12 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I think this time we will be lucky and get a top 3 pick.... i like towns.... i also believe that we will have 3 first rounders...using a trade exception to absorbe salary... lets say 3 21 24.... trade up  with second rounders and you finslly have 3 13 24 and 31.... towns looney dakari and harrison....

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2015, 01:27:09 PM »

Offline notthebowler

• Joe Mazzulla

+1. Levert is fully set to recover. Risky but no more risky than what the 76ers did drafting noel

Id be ok with swinging for the fences on a guy whose upside is well beyond what he has shown of the court - like Loony, for example. Injuries are just a different animal to me. I don't view Lavert and Looney in the same light with respect to risk/reward. Different perspectives.

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2015, 02:32:25 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
This guy is impressive.   Nice skills/potential and i'm impressed by his willingness to battle downlow/dive for loose balls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6es44VOuQQ

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2015, 02:50:08 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Two undersized PFs in one draft, for this team? Even Danny's not likely to go there.

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2015, 03:07:08 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Two undersized PFs in one draft, for this team? Even Danny's not likely to go there.

Looney is a sf/pf . 6'9 with a 7'4 wingspan and 35-36 vertical leap

He would play the sf spot for the Celts

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2015, 03:09:48 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja

Looney is a sf/pf . 6'9 with a 7'4 wingspan and 35-36 vertical leap

He would play the sf spot for the Celts
and if his outside shot is for real, he will play it very, very well for the celtics. i would not be disappointed if ainge chooses looney.
- Vandana Shiva