Author Topic: Get Cousins NOW trade idea  (Read 12048 times)

Re: Get Cousins NOW trade idea
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2015, 09:30:23 AM »

Offline Depalma2002

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Gerald Wallace, Avery Bradley (who I think the Kings like), Sully, and two firsts (Cleveland's and the Clipper's) for Cousins and Jason Thompson.

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6558889

Thoughts?

This is such a fanciful proposal that it is not based in reality.   Losing must be so painful to you that you have constructed this as a rationalization for hope. No chance, we do not have the pieces.

I trust that losing is painful for ANY TRUE Celtics' fan!!!  If it is not, you are NOT a true fan!!!

There is NO ONE in the league with as many first rounders in the next few years as us.  I don't have to rationalize ANYTHING!!!  We have more trade exception dollars than probably anyone as well.  Sully and Oly and Bradley are nice young pieces and everyone BUT YOU seem to KNOW that.  We also have expirings to offer as well such as Bass who is a pro's pro that can help someone now and can likely be re-signed at a reasonable contract.

Smitty77

When trading for a franchise caliber players, teams aren't looking for "nice young pieces" and late first round picks. They need the possibility of at least some day replacing that franchise player. They need a young player that is more than "nice" and they need probable lottery picks.

Yes, the Celtics have more first round picks than anyone, but dip into some of the quality ones instead of trying to pawn off the late ones that are virtual second round ones while trying to hoard the prized ones. You need to sacrifice quality to get quality.

Smart, and two of the 2015 Bos, 2016 Bos, and 2016 BRK would probably be the START of a package to keep the Kings on the phone and talking.

Remember, they have Cousins under contract for 3+ more years. This is not a situation where Cousins is unhappy so they need to sell him for pennies on the dollar or risk having him walk in the offseason. The Kings have the franchise player AND the leverage. Cousins is not in the bargain bin. You are not going to get a franchise player with a couple of coupons and spare change.

I realize the price for Cousins would be high, but 4 projected lottery picks (including Smart) plus an additional first might be the most any team ever gave up for any player. I think if you dial it back a little bit, the starting point might be something like our 2015 first and the 2016 BKN first along with other young pieces not named Smart or Young. An additional late first or the Minny 2nds may come into play for negotiation points.

I am in agreement with you that you can't just give up late firsts and early 2nds and hope to get back a superstar...but, even still, Demarcus is not yet a superstar.

Actually our proposals are fairly similar. I think you misread my post if you saw 4 probable lottery picks. I mentioned three picks and said they would have to include two of those three. I think that is the starting point, from their they can negotiate whether or not the C's have to take Thompson's deal or the Kings have to take Wallace, whether to include lower value picks in either direction, etc.

The only thing we seem to disagree on is on the young player that I think the Kings will insist on. I don't agree that the Kings would consider any young player not named Smart (even Young). If you are trading away a franchise player that is  the face of your franchise you have to have something immediately coming back that the fanbase can at least look at as hope for the future. Smart is that. Olynyk, Sullinger, Zeller or anyone else on our roster is not.

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2015, 09:34:52 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
It's going to take KO, Smart and 2 1st for Cousins.

I will pass
That trade is a no brainer even if one of the 1sts is Okafor.  KO is just a role player of questionable quality.  Smart may develop into a solid starter but is unlikely to become a star.  You're getting a young, established, dominant center who is signed for three more years.  The rebuild would be greatly accelerated.  With a couple more moves, we could even be a contender next year.   

Dominant crybaby

No thanks. Never seen a spazz like Cousins before. A child in a mans body

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2015, 09:43:18 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I will pass
That trade is a no brainer even if one of the 1sts is Okafor.  KO is just a role player of questionable quality.  Smart may develop into a solid starter but is unlikely to become a star.  You're getting a young, established, dominant center who is signed for three more years.  The rebuild would be greatly accelerated.  With a couple more moves, we could even be a contender next year.   

Dominant crybaby

Be honest: do you watch him more than twice a year?

Outside of his game in Boston, he's been an absolute leader this year.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2015, 09:56:07 AM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
Players drafted in the second half of the first round are just as likely to burn out of the league as they are to become actual NBA players.  You should probably trade 10 of them for Cousins if they're highly protected or late.

Would you include 3 first rounders in a package for Cousins?  No way, they say!

Would you trade Iman Shumpert (#17), Nolan Smith (#21), and JaJuan Johnson (#27) for Cousins?  Of course! 

Would you trade Vucevic (#16), Kawhi (#15), and Mirotic (#23)?  No way!  I draft perfectly!

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2015, 10:09:04 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I will pass

Dominant crybaby

Yes i do. Do you know how many technical fouls he has compiled already

He is not much of a leader. Shoving teammates away when they are trying to calm him down , not focused at team huddles etc.

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2015, 10:37:22 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I will pass

Dominant crybaby

He is not much of a leader. Shoving teammates away when they are trying to calm him down , not focused at team huddles etc.

I do.  Four, two of which came in one game. 

Fewer than Russell Westbrook, Blake Griffin, Eric Bledsoe, Tyson Chandler, Dwight Howard, Joakim Noah, John Wall, Draymond Green, Roy Hibbert, Tony Allen, P.J. Tucker, Markieff Morris, Marcus Morris, Matt Barnes, Josh Smith, Aaron Brooks, and O.J. Mayo.

As many as Marc Gasol, Andre Drummond, David West, Kobe Bryant, Kendrick Perkins, Kyle Lowry, Larry Sanders, Kenneth Faried, Dion Waiters, Nick Young, Gerald Henderson, Joel Freeland, and Sebastian Telfair.

I assume you wouldn't want any of those guys on the Celtics?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2015, 10:42:47 AM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
Counting technical fouls is a little too simple.  I watch most Kings games.  When things are going well, Cousins shows positive energy and emotion.  When things aren't going well, and I mean minor things, like a failed entry pass, Cousins is in a bad mood.  He appears to be whining or complaining or just plain angry, and he wears it on his sleeve.  It could easily be poisonous with the wrong group of guys.  He just doesn't control emotion well.

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2015, 10:45:01 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
He is not going to be traded.  The Kings ownership has said this numerous times.  Now I would never say never but unless they are blown away with an offer (and nothing on here does that) it isn't happening. 

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2015, 10:48:27 AM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
He is not going to be traded.  The Kings ownership has said this numerous times.  Now I would never say never but unless they are blown away with an offer (and nothing on here does that) it isn't happening.
Surely, they have a price, right?  Everyone has a price.  Smart, Sully, and 5 first rounders?  I mean, somebody has to blink at some point.  We're in uncharted territory, where absurd trades are not only possible, but might be necessary.  We can't draft 20 guys.

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2015, 10:57:43 AM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585

I will pass

Dominant crybaby

Fewer than Russell Westbrook, Blake Griffin, Eric Bledsoe, Tyson Chandler, Dwight Howard, Joakim Noah, John Wall, Draymond Green, Roy Hibbert, Tony Allen, P.J. Tucker, Markieff Morris, Marcus Morris, Matt Barnes, Josh Smith, Aaron Brooks, and O.J. Mayo.

As many as Marc Gasol, Andre Drummond, David West, Kobe Bryant, Kendrick Perkins, Kyle Lowry, Larry Sanders, Kenneth Faried, Dion Waiters, Nick Young, Gerald Henderson, Joel Freeland, and Sebastian Telfair.

Burn unit.  Stat.
Greg

« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2015, 11:02:49 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Counting technical fouls is a little too simple.  I watch most Kings games.  When things are going well, Cousins shows positive energy and emotion.  When things aren't going well, and I mean minor things, like a failed entry pass, Cousins is in a bad mood.  He appears to be whining or complaining or just plain angry, and he wears it on his sleeve.  It could easily be poisonous with the wrong group of guys.  He just doesn't control emotion well.

+1

CBS does not need to deal with Cousins immaturity

« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2015, 11:05:51 AM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
I think one thing that's being left out of all these trade proposal scenarios is that if Sac is gonna talk trade with us for Cousins they're going to be talking to other teams as well.  I know we have a lot of picks but if Cousins is on the trademarket theres going to be other teams with established young talent to offer that the Kings will jump on before they ttake a look at us and our potential lottery picks.  It happened last summer with Kevin love

Now if we win the lottery or end up with the #2.  We make a big leap.  If the kings are smart theyd wait until draft time anyway unless they're floored by another teams offer.
Greg

« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2015, 11:05:54 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

I will pass

Dominant crybaby

Haha. Did we really just assess Cousins game based on how many technical fouls he has compiled? He isn't even in the top 20 of that category and Westbrook leads him by almost 3 times. What a joke.

Cousins is an absolute beast this year. 24, 13, 3, 2 , and 1.3 on 48% shooting and he's only 24. He is an MVP candidate despite being on a team with a losing record and he could possibly be attainable....And you don't want him because he has 4 technical fouls? Now I've seen it all.

If you can get a player like Cousins you do everything you can to bring him to your team. And fortunately we have the assets to get it done if any such situation arises.

« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2015, 11:09:57 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Cousins also is a mediocre defender. Sully , Nurkic  for example got the best of the matchup.  He loves blabbing at the refs about nonsense most of the time. Just shut up and play

« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2015, 11:10:01 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
This is my take also.  Have another TP.

If he misses one shot that he wants to make, he whines to the refs for several minutes that he was fouled.  He stops running back on defense.  Then he starts throwing up dumb shots in attempts to force the refs to make calls.  And he doesn't let it go for quite some time.