Author Topic: Get Cousins NOW trade idea  (Read 12101 times)

Get Cousins NOW trade idea
« on: January 21, 2015, 05:57:36 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Gerald Wallace, Avery Bradley (who I think the Kings like), Sully, and two firsts (Cleveland's and the Clipper's) for Cousins and Jason Thompson.

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6558889

Thoughts?

If things continue to deteriorate between Cousins and the Kings, this could happen!!!

Smitty77

Re: Get Cousins NOW trade idea
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 06:00:59 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I think that there's no realistic chance of this going through.

Would you give up the best center in the NBA, who is 24 years old, for a below-average starting SG and two late #1s?  While also taking on a bad non-expiring contract?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 06:03:41 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
There is a realistic chance Cousins ends up in Boston within the next 6 months.  The price will be considerably higher, however.

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 06:09:19 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

Would you give up the best center in the NBA, who is 24 years old, for a below-average starting SG and two late #1s?  While also taking on a bad non-expiring contract?

We are taking on Thompson's contract and we, out of the goodness of our hearts, are re-uniting them with GWall:-))))  They are getting a +18 PER player in Sully who is young and an all-NBA defender in AB and two firsts.  OK, we can make one of the first rounders ours this year, top 5 protected.  How about now Roy??:-))

Smitty77

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 06:17:54 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
There is a realistic chance Cousins ends up in Boston within the next 6 months.  The price will be considerably higher, however.

Don't think that's realistic at all.
DKC Suns

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 06:31:10 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585

We are taking on Thompson's contract and we, out of the goodness of our hearts, are re-uniting them with GWall:-))))  They are getting a +18 PER player in Sully who is young and an all-NBA defender in AB and two firsts.  OK, we can make one of the first rounders ours this year, top 5 protected.  How about now Roy??:-))

Smitty77

they still hang up the phone and I think I heard someone fart when you said Sullys PER and Avery Bradleys defense.

If you even want to have a conversation with them, our pick this year becomes unprotected, same with next year, and dont worry about that Brooklyn pick in 2016 its already unprotected.
Greg

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 06:37:12 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
Smart, our upcoming lottery pick, and an additional first rounder might get you in the door.

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, 06:40:10 PM »

Offline FreddieJ

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 7
That might not get it done.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 06:58:13 PM by FreddieJ »

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2015, 07:10:12 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Double that deal...and they might not slam the phone

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2015, 07:19:15 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Maybe they would do it for the 3rd best center in the NBA though ;) 
Nah, they would never do it.

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2015, 07:19:46 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
Gerald Wallace, Avery Bradley (who I think the Kings like), Sully, and two firsts (Cleveland's and the Clipper's) for Cousins and Jason Thompson.

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6558889

Thoughts?

If things continue to deteriorate between Cousins and the Kings, this could happen!!!

Smitty77

3 Things:

1) I like the premise of the idea to trade for Cousins using Wallace's expiring as a crucial piece to getting Cousins.

2) I don't believe now is the time. SAC has a lot of young pieces on their team and should continue to build around this core. Getting Wallace, Sully, AB, & two late 1st is not nearly enough incentive to trade us All-Star caliber player. Also taking on Bradley would not be a good contractual commitment for the Kings; especially if they trade Cousins.

3) I think BOS should Gauge SAC's interest in trading for Boogie now. If no interest at the moment (likely the case), continue to inquire about Cousins throughout the remainder of his contract (deadlines & offseasons).

4) IMO it would likely take an offer of Wallace, Olynyk (Sully fits better next to Boogie) Young, our 2015 1st, and another future 1st rd pick to even entice SAC to think about trading Cousins to te Celtics. We may even have to include two picks (our 2015 1st and one other). If we include one of the Brooklyn picks I feel we should be able to keep James Young. Add in a second rounder or two and we might have the framework to a future Cousins deal.

Seems highly unlikely at the moment but it's nice to dream...

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2015, 07:20:05 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
At the very least we're sending Sully, Thornton, Bass (expirings), Bos 2015 1st, Brk 2016 1st, and one of our other lesser 1sts. And they'd still probably make us take one of their bad contracts back. I'd still do it, though.

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2015, 07:22:11 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
To be realistic, it would probably take the following to even get the conversation started:

BOS lottery pick
Better of BRK / BOS 2016 pick (top 3 protected)
Cleveland 2016 1st round pick
2 2nd round picks
Sully
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2015, 07:39:10 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I don't think we have anything to get the discussion started.  The goal is to get a guy like Cousins and build from there.  A bunch of odds and ends for Cousins would be a huge setback for the Kings and would start their rebuilding from scratch again.

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2015, 07:51:42 PM »

Offline Abandoned Diary

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 1
But I think thats exactly why Sacramento is the perfect trade partner: they have a new owner who thinks he is smarter than everybody else. See the famous "Stauskas??" pick. If Danny can somehow sell him the illusion of building his OWN team, and all the fanfare is will accompany, he might be able to snag Boogie for a bunch of draft picks.