Author Topic: Kobe plans to keep recruiting Rondo to Lakers  (Read 7243 times)

Kobe plans to keep recruiting Rondo to Lakers
« on: January 21, 2015, 04:42:57 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Well, Kobe's much rumored basketball mancrush on Rondo appears to be official.  Key quote from a broader Boston Herald story:

While Mavericks owner Mark Cuban expressed confidence his club can and will sign Rondo to a new deal, Bryant told the Herald he’s not about to cease working on getting him to LA.

“No way,” Bryant said. “I’m not done. I’m not stopping until he signs an extension.”

Full article

Let's all just hope we don't have to see that.

Re: Kobe plans to keep recruiting Rondo to Lakers
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 04:47:57 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
When Rondo and Love/Butler/Leonard sign with the Lakers this summer because they're the Lakers and that's just how it is:

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 04:59:30 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
When Rondo and Love/Butler/Leonard sign with the Lakers this summer because they're the Lakers and that's just how it is:

Haha. TP Flex. I feel the same way.

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 05:31:08 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
Yes, Lakers will be contenders soon.  Unlike every other NBA cellar dwellar, they will get quality FAs no matter how bad they are. If not this off-season, then next.

I did not want to hate Brian Shaw or Rick Fox... but one look at them in a Laker uniform and it took a nano-second.  It'll be the same with Rajon.  Don't make me hate you Rajon.

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 05:32:46 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I figured the Lakers and Knicks were the frontrunners to sign Rondo this summer.  They are probably still frontrunners, though I figure the Mavs have a shot as well.  Boston probably has a shot too.  I mean, if we had a shot to sign him before the trade there's no reason to believe we wouldn't have a shot to sign him after the trade.

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 06:30:10 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I mean, if we had a shot to sign him before the trade there's no reason to believe we wouldn't have a shot to sign him after the trade.

I've seen you say that repeatedly, but Rondo's gone and he's not coming back. I think that's the best decision for both parties.

As for Kobe, I thought he and Rondo were just talking about basketball during their little breakfast like two "basketball geeks". 

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 06:38:23 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Rondo is a couple missed free throws away from being under 30% on the year, hes at 30.2 right now.  It's almost the all star break.  I still cant believe that.

His numbers in general have been pretty terrible since the trade with a couple of real stinkers in there.  I'd hate to see Rajon playing in LA, but maybe them signing him to a huge deal wouldnt be the worst thing in the world.
Greg

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, 07:01:19 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

exactly, especially with dwight howard.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2015, 08:11:52 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
K. Love opts out, joins Rondo and Kobe in L.A.  I keep telling you guys this...

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2015, 08:31:06 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Possible, but I think Love stays.

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2015, 08:41:24 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
I mean, if we had a shot to sign him before the trade there's no reason to believe we wouldn't have a shot to sign him after the trade.

I've seen you say that repeatedly, but Rondo's gone and he's not coming back. I think that's the best decision for both parties.

As for Kobe, I thought he and Rondo were just talking about basketball during their little breakfast like two "basketball geeks".
I agree he's "gone and not coming back", but I don't think the trade really had any impact on that.  He was leaving regardless... hence why he traded him.  I'm arguing that in a hypothetical world where Rondo wanted to stay in Boston, us trading him to the Mavs temporarily wouldn't dissuade him from returning home.   

Lol... he's gone.

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2015, 08:59:37 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
.... So they can accomplish nothing but telling each other how great they are. Weeeeeeeee!!
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2015, 09:04:35 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Boston probably has a shot too. 

Will you give this a rest already? Cs are going to spend the first cap space they've had in 25 years on... Rondo? Or Jeff Green? Be serious. Just stop.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2015, 09:05:58 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
With Kobe's big contract, I don't think the Lakers have enough cap space for both Rondo and Love.  Unless the Lakers win the lottery and can flip the pick for an established star, I don't see why Rondo would go there to play with an old Kobe and a bunch of scrubs. 

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2015, 09:10:49 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
.... So they can accomplish nothing but telling each other how great they are. Weeeeeeeee!!

Not to mention the in game feuds with teammates and each other on who should be handling the ball
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)