Author Topic: 2015 NBA Draft Prospect: Buddy Hield  (Read 2228 times)

2015 NBA Draft Prospect: Buddy Hield
« on: January 21, 2015, 02:29:09 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
This guy wasn't on my radar until a couple days ago.  Had some monster games recently.

6'3" -  a little undersized as a 2, but good wingspan.  Could work as a "scoring guard" type like Eric Bledsoe
Great athlete - Not Derrick Rose caliber, maybe a step below
Good shooter - slightly low, but quick release.  Not a high efficiency shooter, but improving
High motor - potentially disruptive defender
Good ball handler
Poor facilitator.  Shoot first, and second.

I don't know what his plans are, but I would slide him right into the discussion with Wright, Levert, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIk0ig9AeWg

not sure why the youtube link doesn't work.  aee_uXHB****
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 02:36:38 PM by PickNRoll »

Re: 2015 NBA Draft Prospect: Buddy Hield
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 03:29:02 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
hield - draftexpress has him at #53 in 2016. here is his write up:

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Buddy-Hield-58749/

probably the key, for draft express, is this:

"There is no shortage of 6-4 shooting guards who are simply one-dimensional catch and shoot players, so it will be interesting to see how Hield improves his versatility as a junior after a breakout sophomore season."
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Re: 2015 NBA Draft Prospect: Buddy Hield
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 03:40:38 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
I would say that's out of date.  There's a supreme shortage of guards who put up 26 and 6 against ranked Big 10 and Big 12 teams.  As in, there are none.  Not saying he's a lottery pick, but this draft isn't showing a lot of great guard talent.  If I was his rep and he keeps playing even remotely like this, I'd declare.