Author Topic: #DeflateGate (Court of Appeals Reinstates Suspension)  (Read 599279 times)

Re: #DeflateGate
« Reply #870 on: February 01, 2015, 01:02:21 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Apparently the lone ball that was 2 psi under was the intercepted ball and in the Colts custody prior to being turned over to the nfl.  Would not shock me if that dirtbag owner of the Colts instructed to have the ball deflated

Pats should be given the Indy 1st rd pick next year, Indy fined 1 million dollars.

Total scumbag franchise lead by scumbag owner .

Goodell should have to physically kiss bill and tom's behind while presenting the Lombardi trophy tonight

Goodell sure know how to let this thing continue, great advertising hours for the superbowl....

« Reply #871 on: February 01, 2015, 01:16:49 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2484
Shake it off, bro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bce3of0UmGM

PS Wish someone would use this song to create a better video than this one. It looks like it was pieced together in 90 seconds, in the Pats' bathroom. Don't like the cut aways to James Franco, cringe-worthy. And video of Ridley? Really??

The words 'shake it off' and 'bro' should never be in the same sentence, let alone in this particular order.  Why is taylor swift even mentioned at all on this blog?  There should be a penalty for posting about her, lol. ;D  Why is that 'song' ::) so popular, anyway?  It's garbage.  I literally can't even right now. ;D  The only way we could put her crap to good use would be to use it on the prisoners at Guantanamo Bay.  They'll crack so fast it won't even be funny, lol. ;D

+1
aside from the gitmo bit. they've probably already tried that.

« Reply #872 on: February 01, 2015, 01:18:35 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Rappaport now reporting 1 football 2 psi under other 11 just a tick under 12.5

If that's true...

1.  The media should be absolutely ashamed for botching this so much;

2.  The NFL should have gotten out in front of this within 24 hours and said "this looks like a non-story, but we're doing our due-diligence";

3.  The NFL / refs need to start using more precise measurements / logging for ball pressure, if this is a big deal;

4.  I'm still not sure where the science falls on this.  Heck, if we listen to all the stories out there, the balls should have deflated *more* than a tick under 12.5.  None of it makes a lot of sense.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #873 on: February 01, 2015, 01:22:02 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000466783/article/more-details-on-the-investigation-of-patriots-deflated-footballs

For much of the past two weeks, the Patriots have faced questions about whether they used deliberately deflated footballs in the AFC title game win over the Colts, eventually leading the NFL to tap Ted Wells to launch an investigation that will take several more weeks.

While owner Robert Kraft and every other member of the Patriots have declared innocence, Commissioner Roger Goodell said Friday that, "we have made no judgments" thus far.

But over the course of the last two weeks, multiple sources have shed light on the situation surrounding the Patriots, their 12 game-day footballs, and deflation. Here is what they've said:

>> Prior to the game, a game-day worker employed by the Patriots, a man described as elderly, took two bags of 12 footballs (one bag from each team) into the restroom near the referees' room in Gillette Stadium. The man was in the room for 98 seconds. When he exited the room, he took the balls to the field. There is video of the man entering and exiting the bathroom, but it's unclear if there is a clear shot inside the restroom.

>> That the man entered the restroom prior to walking with the footballs onto the field was discovered by the Patriots, and video footage was quickly turned over to Ted Wells for his investigation.

>> When coach Bill Belichick and Tom Brady were told there were questions about the footballs, both were incredulous. Belichick indicated privately what he said publicly: That he had little knowledge of what went into pregame footballs. Brady told someone close to him that he works on the footballs all week, then has no idea what happens to them on gameday.

>> Eleven of the 12 footballs used in the first half were judged by the officials to be under the minimum of 12.5 PSI, but just one was two pounds under. Many of them were just a few ticks under the minimum.

>> Many of the footballs used in the AFC title game, which all have Walt Anderson's initials on them, were returned to circulation among the rest of the Patriots game-day footballs. Because Anderson was the referee for two other Patriots games this season, there are more than 30 footballs with his initials in the team's possession. It appears the league has the football D'Qwell Jackson intercepted and took to the sidelines to ultimately hand over to his equipment staff.

So an elderly guy who works on game days only was put in charge of assuring that the Patriots cheating conspiracy was executed perfectly. Unbelievable.

« Reply #874 on: February 01, 2015, 01:23:07 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
What he said on air was one at 2psi under, a few at 1 psi under and the rest a tick under 12.5.  If this is true, which how could we know, you can't trust the NFL at all these days, then they have been really negligent for letting this get this far.

« Reply #875 on: February 01, 2015, 01:27:09 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
Frame-up. I called it first.

after the Superbowl is over the Patriots should file defamation charges against the Colts and some members of the media imo

« Reply #876 on: February 01, 2015, 01:47:25 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
4.  I'm still not sure where the science falls on this.  Heck, if we listen to all the stories out there, the balls should have deflated *more* than a tick under 12.5.  None of it makes a lot of sense.
There are way too many moving parts here. First, apparently it's not necessary that all balls are the same pressure. Then, the loss of pressure would depend on many factors, including the temperature at which they were inflated, humidity differences, and also how much a ball was handled .
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #877 on: February 01, 2015, 01:52:51 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
There's one thing I don't understand: how do all these numbers get thrown around, when ball pressure wasn't logged. The conclusion it's either hearsay, or they're talking to folks from the officiating crew.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #878 on: February 01, 2015, 01:54:59 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
There's one thing I don't understand: how do all these numbers get thrown around, when ball pressure wasn't logged. The conclusion it's either hearsay, or they're talking to folks from the officiating crew.

I'm guessing they are referring to halftime psi measures, considering the pregame psi's were never recorded.

« Reply #879 on: February 01, 2015, 01:56:01 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

after the Superbowl is over the Patriots should file defamation charges against the Colts and some members of the media imo
They really should just to make a statement

« Reply #880 on: February 01, 2015, 02:01:36 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

They really should just to make a statement

Exactly. I don't expect them to gain anything else out of it, but it's totally worth it to make a statement. 

« Reply #881 on: February 01, 2015, 02:14:54 PM »

Offline Shoot the J

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 33
Supposedly the ball that was significantly under was the only Patriots ball in the Colts' possession...how about that

« Reply #882 on: February 01, 2015, 02:16:11 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
What he said on air was one at 2psi under, a few at 1 psi under and the rest a tick under 12.5.  If this is true, which how could we know, you can't trust the NFL at all these days, then they have been really negligent for letting this get this far.

Chris Mortensen's initial report that 11/12 balls were 2 pounds under was the horse out of the barn. Everyone has pretty much ignored the amended reports.  He got the story wrong, and should be held accountable for this.  At a minimum, he should go on the record to say that he was given wrong information, or reported it incorrectly.  The Pats haters are just ignoring these updates, including the consensus of the science community (and good ol' common sense) that weather affects ball pressure. Anyone growing up in New England with an outdoor basketball hoop can attest to this!!!

« Reply #883 on: February 01, 2015, 03:20:03 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

Chris Mortensen's initial report that 11/12 balls were 2 pounds under was the horse out of the barn. Everyone has pretty much ignored the amended reports.  He got the story wrong, and should be held accountable for this.  At a minimum, he should go on the record to say that he was given wrong information, or reported it incorrectly.  The Pats haters are just ignoring these updates, including the consensus of the science community (and good ol' common sense) that weather affects ball pressure. Anyone growing up in New England with an outdoor basketball hoop can attest to this!!!

I've been pounding this drum the last two weeks, and few people seem to give it any attention. TP.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #884 on: February 01, 2015, 07:09:56 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Shake it off, bro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bce3of0UmGM

PS Wish someone would use this song to create a better video than this one. It looks like it was pieced together in 90 seconds, in the Pats' bathroom. Don't like the cut aways to James Franco, cringe-worthy. And video of Ridley? Really??

The words 'shake it off' and 'bro' should never be in the same sentence, let alone in this particular order.  Why is taylor swift even mentioned at all on this blog?  There should be a penalty for posting about her, lol. ;D  Why is that 'song' ::) so popular, anyway?  It's garbage.  I literally can't even right now. ;D  The only way we could put her crap to good use would be to use it on the prisoners at Guantanamo Bay.  They'll crack so fast it won't even be funny, lol. ;D

+1
aside from the gitmo bit. they've probably already tried that.

Hmm, perhaps you're right, although it's my belief that Taylor Swift's crap can turn anyone insane, lol. ;D  I suppose if her stuff doesn't work that they could always use 'booty' or 'anaconda,' lol. ;D  Not even the KGB could have come up with that, ahaha. ;D