Author Topic: #DeflateGate (Court of Appeals Reinstates Suspension)  (Read 599878 times)

Re: #DeflateGate
« Reply #675 on: January 26, 2015, 02:32:42 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
https://twitter.com/SharksOfVegas/status/559404286988533760

BREAKING -Source CONFIRMS NFL Investigation is more about the officials than the Patriots.

« Reply #676 on: January 26, 2015, 02:51:05 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
https://twitter.com/SharksOfVegas/status/559404286988533760

BREAKING -Source CONFIRMS NFL Investigation is more about the officials than the Patriots.
FINALLY!

As it should be

Thanks for the link!  :D   TP
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #677 on: January 26, 2015, 03:00:37 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
This is why I am a NBA/Celtics fan.  The NFL is a joke, beating of women and Domestic violence, a good portion of its players current and former will have major brain damage, they are basically selling gladiator games to foolish people.

The NFL just degraded its most important weekend and allowed the Public Relations wing of the NFL, ESPN, to thrash one of its most important and lucrative products Tom Brady.

And they did it to avoid all the uncomfortable questions regarding head trauma, the 1985 bears cannot walk and think, the many members of their league currently in domestic violence cases and the overall poor management of the entire league.

Nothing surprises me with the NFL, they would kill a child if they could make money.

Robert Parish ?

There are scumbags in the NBA too ....
True, but there seems to be more true scumbags in the NFL. Every year there is some kind of serious issue regarding domestic violence and steroids

Some people say that the NBA is full of thugs. I personally believe the NBA is full of stoner ballers. Most of whom wouldn't hurt a fly in real life
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #678 on: January 26, 2015, 03:37:49 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
This thing just keeps taking turn after turn.... (From PFT)

Report: NFL investigation has “zeroed in” on Patriots locker room attendant

Posted by Josh Alper on January 26, 2015, 3:34 PM EST
Bill Belichick Blinds NFL WIth Science On Deflategate
Last week, the NFL released a statement saying they were continuing their investigation into under-inflated footballs used by the Patriots during their AFC Championship game victory over the Colts to determine if the deflation was “the result of deliberate action” by the Patriots.

Coach Bill Belichick and quarterback Tom Brady both denied any knowledge of what happened and Belichick offered up an explanation via scientific experimentation on Saturday, but Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reports that the league has “zeroed in” on a team employee in their investigation.

Per Glazer, the league has interviewed a Patriots locker room attendant who allegedly took footballs from the officials locker room after they had been inspected and approved “to another area on way to field” before the start of the game. There’s reportedly video of this attendant with the balls, although Glazer adds that the league’s investigators are “still gauging” if the attendant, called a “strong person of interest,” had anything to do with the deflation.

The Patriots are on their way to Arizona right now. If anyone’s betting on the first question Belichick gets asked after arrival, it would probably be unwise to bet on anything other than Glazer’s report.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #679 on: January 26, 2015, 04:34:04 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Bill Nye the Science Guy has apparently said that BB's explanation doesn't make sense.

Or do you think he is biased because he worked for Boeing in Seattle, which was also where he id his TV show?
He finished his bit with "Go Seahawks", so I'm guessing he's fully impartial.

http://time.com/3681707/bill-nye-science-guy-deflategate/
Quick. There's only one way to deal with this. Someone's gotta get Neil DeGrasse Tyson on the Pats payroll to say it makes total sense.

« Reply #680 on: January 26, 2015, 04:42:33 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Bill Nye the Science Guy has apparently said that BB's explanation doesn't make sense.

Or do you think he is biased because he worked for Boeing in Seattle, which was also where he did his TV show?

I know - isn't it awesome, lol? ;D  The Patriots getting slammed by Bill Nye the Science Guy.  Ahaha. ;D  I always watched his show on PBS when I was a kid, even though I've never been a 'science guy,' haha.  ;) ::) ;D  I just liked how he made everything fun, as opposed to falling asleep in class while learning about plants and sh1t, lol. ;D  There's only so much photosynthesis that I can take, lol ;D, and yet we still had to learn about it every.  Single.  ****g.  Year.  Ugh.

« Reply #681 on: January 26, 2015, 04:47:28 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Or do you think he is biased because he worked for Boeing in Seattle, which was also where he id his TV show?

Quick. There's only one way to deal with this. Someone's gotta get Neil DeGrasse Tyson on the Pats payroll to say it makes total sense.

Oh dear god, not Neil DeGrasse Tyson, lol. ;D

« Reply #682 on: January 26, 2015, 04:48:43 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

Too late.

https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/559814692936237057

« Reply #683 on: January 26, 2015, 04:49:08 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Neil deGrasse Tyson:

For the Patriots to blame a change in temperature for 15% lower-pressures, requires balls to be inflated with 125-degree air.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #684 on: January 26, 2015, 04:51:53 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Here we go:

JayGlazer
@JayGlazer

Breaking news: sources tell @FOXSports the NFL has zeroed in on a locker room attendant w Patriots who allegedly took balls from officials locker room to another area on way to field. Sources say they have interviewed him and additionally have video. Still gauging if any wrong doing occurred with him but he is strong person of interest

Somewhere earlier in this thread I suggested that Belichick had given the tip off by referring to video, the elevator, etc., in his first press conference.

« Reply #685 on: January 26, 2015, 05:05:58 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

There's no such thing as being 'fully impartial,' nor do 'facts' even exist anymore.  It used to be said that numbers don't lie, but that's crap, as well, because anyone can manipulate an experiment or the data that comes from it, so you can't rely on numbers or statistics to make your point.  As a general rule, whenever I see politicians on opposite sides of the aisle citing numbers, I automatically tune both of them out, no matter which one I may support, because the truth is likely somewhere in the middle.  I think that people see Bill Nye as someone who is completely removed from the situation in this case, so that's why he would be seen as being 'fully impartial.'  Plus, he could have said 'go seahawks' simply because he doesn't like cheaters, I don't know, lol. ;D

« Reply #686 on: January 26, 2015, 05:10:09 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Here we go:

JayGlazer
@JayGlazer

Breaking news: sources tell @FOXSports the NFL has zeroed in on a locker room attendant w Patriots who allegedly took balls from officials locker room to another area on way to field. Sources say they have interviewed him and additionally have video. Still gauging if any wrong doing occurred with him but he is strong person of interest

Somewhere earlier in this thread I suggested that Belichick had given the tip off by referring to video, the elevator, etc., in his first press conference.

« Reply #687 on: January 26, 2015, 05:16:53 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Here we go:

JayGlazer
@JayGlazer

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/559835275141349376

Statement from investigator Ted Wells on DeflateGate: "I expect the investigation to take at least several more weeks."

Why so long? They already have the culprit.

« Reply #688 on: January 26, 2015, 05:18:16 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Already knew this. Obviously someone brought the balls out to the field and that person would be the prime suspect.

There is no way Belicheck didnt know about this video before his press conference, I guarantee he's seen it. It is almost 100% nothing, most likely a video of the guy with the bag of balls walking down a hallway  or something.

« Reply #689 on: January 26, 2015, 05:22:25 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Neil deGrasse Tyson:

For the Patriots to blame a change in temperature for 15% lower-pressures, requires balls to be inflated with 125-degree air.

Science is just jealous of the Patriots success.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.