Author Topic: #DeflateGate (Court of Appeals Reinstates Suspension)  (Read 596309 times)

Re: #DeflateGate (Court of Appeals Reinstates Suspension)
« Reply #3045 on: April 25, 2016, 06:30:04 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I'd much rather have the suspension this year than last year at the end of the day.  Keep Brady fresh, keep him away from 4 tough defenses to start the season, increase Garrapolo's trade value, give Brady a warm-up game vs the Browns to start the season, he's a year older so he needs the rest and this will give him a TON of motivation. 

« Reply #3046 on: July 15, 2016, 05:11:26 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Almost a full year ago I said in this very thread - to many sneers, denials and unpleasant comments - that the suspension would stick.

Now, back to the points at hand. I said that Kraft would accept his penalty. He did. I said Brady would get suspended. He did. Now I am saying I think Brady will lose in court.

It has and Brady has dropped all legal challenges. I'm not entirely convinced that the suspension was justified - there's evidence both for and against - but it doesn't much matter under the collective bargaining rules. 
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #3047 on: July 15, 2016, 05:15:28 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
The whole thing was a farce, a shameful smear campaign directed toward the greatest player in the history of the game. I'm glad it's over.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #3048 on: July 15, 2016, 05:23:17 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
The whole thing was a farce, a shameful smear campaign directed toward the greatest player in the history of the game. I'm glad it's over.

Exactly.

DeflateGate might be the biggest joke (of the unfunny variety) in the history of professional North American sports.

But there's still a pretty good chance that Goodell has to hand Brady the Super Bowl trophy next February, and that would make everything just fine in the end.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #3049 on: July 15, 2016, 05:25:56 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

Exactly.

DeflateGate might be the biggest joke (of the unfunny variety) in the history of professional North American sports.

But there's still a pretty good chance that Goodell has to hand Brady the Super Bowl trophy next February, and that would make everything just fine in the end.
god, I hope they win and Brady rides off into the sunset with a big ole middle finger (with rings) in the air
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #3050 on: July 15, 2016, 06:05:21 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
This is the part where he sues

« Reply #3051 on: July 15, 2016, 06:45:56 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
This is the part where he sues

Maybe. Or maybe enough is enough.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #3052 on: February 06, 2017, 09:44:21 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
204 pages and almost 300,000 views later, this thread is now a place for rejoicing!  I love bumping old threads!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 09:52:57 PM by Quetzalcoatl »

« Reply #3053 on: February 07, 2017, 10:00:11 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Thanks, Roger. Brady played 15 games in a SB winning season. Should be well rested for next year.

« Reply #3054 on: February 07, 2017, 10:42:25 AM »

Offline Mattybriand

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 29
Beautiful

« Reply #3055 on: February 07, 2017, 02:03:01 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
I "accidentally" took a wrong turn on the way back from a meeting and somehow ended up at the parade. The Globe estimated a million people, or about one-third of those who attended Trump's Inauguration, would be there, and I'm pretty sure that they were all packed into Government Center. It was cold, sleeting and packed about 30-deep (People were already 2-deep at 8am for a parade that came by at noon.), but people were generally friendly.

Funny story: Nobody's cell phone was working because there were too many people were jammed together, so we had no idea where the parade was or when it would reach us. The people in the seven-story office building across the street must have figured that out, because they began putting signs in the windows that kept us updated on where the Duck Boats were.

Mike

« Reply #3056 on: February 07, 2017, 02:07:11 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I "accidentally" took a wrong turn on the way back from a meeting and somehow ended up at the parade. The Globe estimated a million people, or about one-third of those who attended Trump's Inauguration, would be there, and I'm pretty sure that they were all packed into Government Center. It was cold, sleeting and packed about 30-deep (People were already 2-deep at 8am for a parade that came by at noon.), but people were generally friendly.

Funny story: Nobody's cell phone was working because there were too many people were jammed together, so we had no idea where the parade was or when it would reach us. The people in the seven-story office building across the street must have figured that out, because they began putting signs in the windows that kept us updated on where the Duck Boats were.

Mike

my boss gave me an hour break to go watch the Pats, my phone was also jammed, also kind of terrible considering there were two group of kids smoking weed next to me

i went back into work smelling like pizza and weed

« Reply #3057 on: February 07, 2017, 02:12:37 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907

Mike

my boss gave me an hour break to go watch the Pats, my phone was also jammed, also kind of terrible considering there were two group of kids smoking weed next to me

I only had one group next to me smoking weed. Someone in the crowd started to insist that they share.

Mike

« Reply #3058 on: February 07, 2017, 02:19:10 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
Thanks, Roger. Brady played 15 games in a SB winning season. Should be well rested for next year.
;D

Really roger was doing us a favor by forcing the 4 game rest

Now if he can just suspend gronk for 12 games then he'll be healthy for the playoffs next time
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #3059 on: February 07, 2017, 02:21:35 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen

Mike

I only had one group next to me smoking weed. Someone in the crowd started to insist that they share.

Mike
welcome to my world  ;D
I trust Danny Ainge