Author Topic: #DeflateGate (Court of Appeals Reinstates Suspension)  (Read 598820 times)

Re: #DeflateGate
« Reply #3000 on: September 16, 2015, 11:52:32 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
So wait, let me get this straight.  There is gamesmanship, bending the rules, and maybe even some...gulp...borderline cheating going on among several, if not, all the teams in the NFL?

And there aren't $5 million "independent" investigations & federal lawsuits going on with each & every one of them?  And that there "might" be some "selective" witch hunts going on depending on the team that is being accused of it?

This is too much to handle here.

It's ok you should be getting your NFL SURVIVAL PACKtm in the mail. It comes with a picture of the Levi's Stadium, an emblazoned SUPERBOWL 50 patch, a free entrance into both Fan Duel and Draft Kings fantasy drafts, and a 30 rack of Bud Straw-Ber-Rita
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #3001 on: September 16, 2015, 11:54:44 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
So wait, let me get this straight.  There is gamesmanship, bending the rules, and maybe even some...gulp...borderline cheating going on among several, if not, all the teams in the NFL?

And there aren't $5 million "independent" investigations & federal lawsuits going on with each & every one of them?  And that there "might" be some "selective" witch hunts going on depending on the team that is being accused of it?

This is too much to handle here.

It's ok you should be getting your NFL SURVIVAL PACKtm in the mail. It comes with a picture of the Levi's Stadium, an emblazoned SUPERBOWL 50 patch, a free entrance into both Fan Duel and Draft Kings fantasy drafts, and a 30 rack of Bud Straw-Ber-Rita

"Let's hype up our daily, monetized fantasy sports relationships while we decry the fight to legalize sports gambling nationwide"

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #3002 on: September 16, 2015, 11:55:46 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
ITS NOT GAMBLING IT IS A GAME OF SKILL
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #3003 on: September 16, 2015, 11:57:33 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

« Reply #3004 on: September 16, 2015, 12:36:30 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
ITS NOT GAMBLING IT IS A GAME OF SKILL
Indeed the best algorithms will win the money.

« Reply #3005 on: September 16, 2015, 12:41:57 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
After reviewing the CBS 60 Minutes story, I am getting increasingly angry about the payment of any penalty by the Patriots, particularly the draft picks.  I hope there is a ground swell of push back, given the blatant "frame job" that the NFL tried to get away with on the Pats, and how the other teams were all to happy to play along. 

« Reply #3006 on: September 16, 2015, 12:43:17 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
60 Minutes weighs in, stating that the NFL, not the Patriots, are the cheaters. I agree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wls6WT0DrFM&feature=youtu.be

TP for this. Very interestsing.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #3007 on: September 16, 2015, 12:52:53 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
After reviewing the CBS 60 Minutes story, I am getting increasingly angry about the payment of any penalty by the Patriots, particularly the draft picks.  I hope there is a ground swell of push back, given the blatant "frame job" that the NFL tried to get away with on the Pats, and how the other teams were all to happy to play along.

Don't hold your breath on that one.   Pats aren't getting the picks back.   I can't see the other 31 owners do anything to benefit the Pats despite what a court and common sense seem to suggest.

Plus, Kraft stood up there and threw his hands up & took the punishment. Unfortunately, he has to swallow it.

« Reply #3008 on: September 16, 2015, 01:39:28 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
60 Minutes weighs in, stating that the NFL, not the Patriots, are the cheaters. I agree.

This should be forced viewing before, during and after every NFL game this year. Then make all viewers sign a letter of comprehension before they are allowed to watch their regularly scheduled programming.
Yup

« Reply #3009 on: September 16, 2015, 05:44:52 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

This should be forced viewing before, during and after every NFL game this year. Then make all viewers sign a letter of comprehension before they are allowed to watch their regularly scheduled programming.

There's an article in the Herald about this today.  It's funny this is in the news now, because Blecker wrote about this a month ago.  He makes a great point about the Wells report's deception over the gauges.  They are significantly different.  It's absurd that the NFL so easily dismissed the referee's statement about which gauge he used to measure 56 balls.  The report is full of things like this.  Good for Blecker for speaking out about it.

« Reply #3010 on: September 17, 2015, 09:11:07 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
The boys are back.  The Spygate episode is a classic.  I wonder if the Deflategate one will reach that status some day as well.

http://southpark.cc.com/full-episodes/s19e01-stunning-and-brave#source=2b6c5ab4-d717-4e84-9143-918793a3b636:63a32034-1ea6-492d-b95b-9433e3f62f8d&position=1&sort=airdate
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #3011 on: September 17, 2015, 11:39:25 AM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
If I am the Patriots, I stick McNally in charge of running the game clock, and make Jastremski in charge of NFL rules enforcement and NFL media liason.  It is time for the NFL to just admit they blew this and nothing probably happened.  Let these two guys get back to doing their jobs.  You have new protocols in place anyway so this can't happen again, just let it go.

« Reply #3012 on: September 17, 2015, 11:52:00 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
How do you "reinstate" two guys that you also publicly claim you weren't the ones responsible for suspending?

Still don't get that one

« Reply #3013 on: September 17, 2015, 02:29:14 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
How do you "reinstate" two guys that you also publicly claim you weren't the ones responsible for suspending?

Still don't get that one

The same way you make a big show about confronting the league before folding like a popular euphemism for a female dog.

Or, rather:

« Reply #3014 on: September 17, 2015, 02:45:26 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
If I am the Patriots, I stick McNally in charge of running the game clock, and make Jastremski in charge of NFL rules enforcement and NFL media liason.  It is time for the NFL to just admit they blew this and nothing probably happened.  Let these two guys get back to doing their jobs.  You have new protocols in place anyway so this can't happen again, just let it go.

TP!!