Author Topic: #DeflateGate (Court of Appeals Reinstates Suspension)  (Read 600002 times)

Re: #DeflateGate
« Reply #150 on: January 21, 2015, 02:37:30 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/patriots/2015/01/21/new-england-patriots-deflating-footballs-may-not-as-easy-as-it-sounds/22113343/

Interesting read.  I'm still very skeptical about how this has been leaked with the NFL not being command of all the facts yet.

« Reply #151 on: January 21, 2015, 02:41:10 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/patriots/2015/01/21/new-england-patriots-deflating-footballs-may-not-as-easy-as-it-sounds/22113343/

Interesting read.  I'm still very skeptical about how this has been leaked with the NFL not being command of all the facts yet.

I wouldn't exactly consider the NFL the most tightly knit organization when it comes to information control. They've bungled item after item under the Goodell regime. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #152 on: January 21, 2015, 02:53:40 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
The same league officials who couldn't remember if they saw the Ray Rice elevator tape are investigating this?

« Reply #153 on: January 21, 2015, 03:03:11 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
The same league officials who couldn't remember if they saw the Ray Rice elevator tape are investigating this?

that's an excellent point...the NFL is filled with incompetent people, starting from Goodell

« Reply #154 on: January 21, 2015, 03:17:05 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Infowars has pitched in on deflated footballs. My life is now complete.

::) ::) ::)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #155 on: January 21, 2015, 03:26:20 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Oooh! Can we play "Alex Jones or Felger & Mazz?"

I'll start.

I don’t think all lotteries are rigged. But there’s evidence some of them are rigged.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #156 on: January 21, 2015, 03:36:40 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Sometimes I wonder why other teams are always caught doing the exact same stuff as the Patriots and it's always afterwards and they never get in trouble for it. How much can the Pats fine the league for double standards?

« Reply #157 on: January 21, 2015, 03:40:43 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
#InflateThis is now trending ;)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #158 on: January 21, 2015, 03:42:18 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

Oooh! Can we play "Alex Jones or Felger & Mazz?"

I'll start.

I don’t think all lotteries are rigged. But there’s evidence some of them are rigged.

Felger.

Adam Jones uninformed, whinny overreaction to the Rondo trade the night it was made was laughably stupid -- especially considering he's supposed to be the basketball mind at the station. That he doesn't know jack is bad enough, but then he lays on that stupid preachy tone... they should relieve him of his responsibilities.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #159 on: January 21, 2015, 04:01:20 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166

I wouldn't exactly consider the NFL the most tightly knit organization when it comes to information control. They've bungled item after item under the Goodell regime.

I'm not even going to believe they were inspected prior to the game.  Officials have been messing up a lot more recently.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #160 on: January 21, 2015, 04:12:42 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
So all reports I've seen so far say all the balls were inspected at half time AND reinflated as needed. The Patriots went on to crush the Colts in the second half, so why is this even an issue? The Colts reported the deflated balls issue to the league after the game , after getting crushed in the second half with reinspected balls. The issue should be that they are displaying unsportsmanlike behavior and defamation after getting beaten fairly on the field.

« Reply #161 on: January 21, 2015, 04:16:11 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
So all reports I've seen so far say all the balls were inspected at half time AND reinflated as needed. The Patriots went on to crush the Colts in the second half, so why is this even an issue? The Colts reported the deflated balls issue to the league after the game , after getting crushed in the second half with reinspected balls. The issue should be that they are displaying unsportsmanlike behavior and defamation after getting beaten fairly on the field.

Does the fact that the Patriots would have won anyway make the cheating any better?

It's like if you're playing poker, and a guy takes an ace out of his sleeve to make 4 of a kind.  Does he get excused for cheating because his 3 aces would have won the pot regardless?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #162 on: January 21, 2015, 04:19:02 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Sure we cheated, but we didn't need to cheat to beat you so you're the bad sport is a really strange way to talk about this.

« Reply #163 on: January 21, 2015, 04:20:39 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think they should check the other teams footballs as well  but maybe everyone deflates in cold  weather.

It is more hype to get people into football than actual advantage.  Patriots would have won anyway.

« Reply #164 on: January 21, 2015, 04:21:26 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Sure we cheated, but we didn't need to cheat to beat you so you're the bad sport is a really strange way to talk about this.
Is it as strange as getting the living snot beaten out of you and then accusing the other team of cheating with balls that were checked and then checked again and handled hundreds of times by refs?

Is it as strange as getting beat when you were up by two TDs and then complaining the other team used totally legal formations?