Author Topic: 4 team trade idea BOS/BKN/MIN/OKC  (Read 2627 times)

4 team trade idea BOS/BKN/MIN/OKC
« on: January 20, 2015, 02:49:39 PM »

Offline mckeonam

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
I think the Thunder really want to get Brook Lopez from the Nets. I also think that if you look at the rumors with Thad Young going to Brooklyn you could put together an interesting trade. Here is just an idea feel free to make your interpretations.

Boston gets: Kendrick Perkins and Perry Jones III
Brooklyn gets: Thad Young, Tayshaun Prince and Grant Jerrett
Minnesota gets: Kevin Garnett and Jeremy Lamb
Oklahoma City gets: Brook Lopez and Corey Jefferson

It works on the ESPN trade machine and I think with another forum posting the possibility of Garnett moving to Minnesota again it could work. We could add Perkins and lose Prince and pick up a talent in Jones. Brooklyn gets two players who could help in the postseason. OKC gets their man in Brook Lopez. Minnesota clears space so they can try and get Okafor or Towns. They also get Jeremy Lamb who will see more time behind Shabazz Muhammed.

Let me know what you think! This is obviously a massive trade so it can be reworked.

Re: 4 team trade idea BOS/BKN/MIN/OKC
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 05:04:28 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
The Cs aren't giving up enough to get Jones. Might have to add a second rounder or two. I'd absolutely do this trade if it came to fruition

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 06:36:02 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Pretty good idea for a 4 team proposal. Not wildly out of whack. Your biggest issue: OKC gets super thin on the wing, where they are already. I think you're better off finding some other form of asset making it's way to the Cs other than Jones (or Lamb).
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 07:01:28 PM »

Offline mckeonam

• Jaden Springer
The Cs aren't giving up enough to get Jones. Might have to add a second rounder or two. I'd absolutely do this trade if it came to fruition
Pretty good idea for a 4 team proposal. Not wildly out of whack. Your biggest issue: OKC gets super thin on the wing, where they are already. I think you're better off finding some other form of asset making it's way to the Cs other than Jones (or Lamb).

Do we give OKC the Minnesota protected pick for example? Its not a true first rounder but should be 2 second's.

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 08:18:46 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
The justification for Brooklyn is 2 guys who can help in the postseason? Huh? Lopez and KG can help a lot more. If they are going to trade the 2 of them, obviously they don't care about the post season and want assets for the future.

So this trade needs a real justification on the Brooklyn side. Is that the best return they can get for Lopez?

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 08:35:02 PM »

Offline mckeonam

• Jaden Springer
The justification for Brooklyn is 2 guys who can help in the postseason? Huh? Lopez and KG can help a lot more. If they are going to trade the 2 of them, obviously they don't care about the post season and want assets for the future.

So this trade needs a real justification on the Brooklyn side. Is that the best return they can get for Lopez?

They also clear salary in Garnett and Lopez. Gives them more flexibility especially if Prokhorov wants to sell the team. They could also get a draft pick in the deal.

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 09:00:29 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

Are you paying any attention to the Nets whatsoever?

Mike

(My name is not Mike)