Author Topic: Johan Cruyff thinks Ronaldo didn't deserve Ballon d'Or, and he thinks...  (Read 7294 times)

Re: Johan Cruyff thinks Ronaldo didn't deserve Ballon d'Or, and he thinks...
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2015, 11:26:39 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
The Ballon D'Or is a popularity contest.  That being said, it is not awarded to the player judged to be the best in the squad of the World Cup winner, so Neuer or Kroos are ridiculous suggestions (love Cruyff, but he's just stirring the pot here, as he often does). 

Both international and club play are taken into consideration by voters.

And most importantly the play during the whole year!

I don`t think that suggesting Kroos or Neuer is so ridiculous. They both had a very good season. Neuer is redefining his position by playing as sweeper-keeper and Kroos is the German Xavi moving the ball with almost 100% accuracy,setting the tone for the team and feeding with assists his strikers very effectively.

But as always the one scoring goals shines the most.Unfair maybe but that`s true and that causes a lot of discussions.  I`m not sure though that this season CR was the wrong option. He is been phenomenal.

Suggesting for consideration, especially Neuer, is fine, but I don't think either can compare
with the Big Two and what they contribute on the pitch.  Look, I don't like these individual awards either (I agree with Casperian's fine comment), and they are just beauty contests, and rather pallid ones at that. 

Re: Johan Cruyff thinks Ronaldo didn't deserve Ballon d'Or, and he thinks...
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2015, 10:51:38 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
I'm upset guys like Yaya Toure haven't gotten even shortlisted
Banner 18 please 😍