Author Topic: KG back to MN  (Read 5745 times)

KG back to MN
« on: January 19, 2015, 03:31:08 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
I live in Minneapolis and there are murmurs about a return home for KG centered around a KG for Thad Young swap.  It makes some sense.  Minnesota sells tickets for a few months without improving their roster and unloads a year of Thad's contract.  BKN gets a look at Thad Young in their bid to make the playoffs.  Also, KG has stated that he would like to be part of a majority ownership group that would purchase the team from Taylor.  This would be a nice transition period for him.

From the Celtics perspective, it's a mixed bag.  We want the worst for the Nets.  Young is a serviceable player.  A lot of the chatter on the web involves the nets unloading Lopez, but I would not be surprised to see KG involved.

Re: KG back to MN
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 03:44:35 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
KG has a no-trade clause. Highly doubt he waives that to go back there.

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 03:47:40 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703

I wouldn't be so sure about that. KG loves Sota, and he's not on a contender right now anyway so why not?

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 03:52:02 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
KG has openly stated that he wants to come back to MN after he's done playing.

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 04:00:54 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Good trade for Brooklyn. I'd like to see Thad Young alongside Brook Lopez. Interesting mix.

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 04:07:34 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Yeah, this seems to work for all involved. It's not like KG has any particular ties to BKN - he only went there because Pierce convinced him to. Since Pierce left for Washington, I have been hoping for KG to get his ticket out of town. What better way to end his career than going back to where he started?

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2015, 04:22:44 PM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
KG would probably get something out of Pekovic and Wiggins, mentor the latter. Maybe help them win a few more games this season and help us outtank them.

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2015, 05:37:21 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
KG would probably get something out of Pekovic and Wiggins, mentor the latter. Maybe help them win a few more games this season and help us outtank them.

Um if anything the wolves would lose more games with kg... He's beyond terrible this season... Just saying.. The whole mentor thing is severely over blown with him, always was but now it's just silly

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2015, 06:03:36 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Ha .....yeah ...that's just where I d want to retire ......-20 below ...no thanks

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2015, 06:06:05 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Ha .....yeah ...that's just where I d want to retire ......-20 below ...no thanks

Because that's so much different than what he's lived in the rest of his career?
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2015, 10:29:29 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Just because he goes back to retire there doesn't mean he has to be buried there...LB did not remain in Boston...
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2015, 10:53:36 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
It's an okay trade for Nets. From a basketball stand point not good at all for Wolves. Trade Young for picks after all it cost Wolves a pick to get him.

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2015, 11:28:57 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
I live in Minneapolis and there are murmurs about a return home for KG centered around a KG for Thad Young swap.  It makes some sense.  Minnesota sells tickets for a few months without improving their roster and unloads a year of Thad's contract.  BKN gets a look at Thad Young in their bid to make the playoffs.  Also, KG has stated that he would like to be part of a majority ownership group that would purchase the team from Taylor.  This would be a nice transition period for him.

From the Celtics perspective, it's a mixed bag.  We want the worst for the Nets.  Young is a serviceable player.  A lot of the chatter on the web involves the nets unloading Lopez, but I would not be surprised to see KG involved.
just curious, where?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2015, 11:38:38 AM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney

just curious, where?
Near Target Field

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2015, 11:53:26 AM »

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73

I wouldn't be so sure about that. KG loves Sota, and he's not on a contender right now anyway so why not?

As he has a no-trade I assure you that he would first choose to play for a contender.  In whats likely his last year, I'm sure he'd rather play for chance at a second ring.  That said, if a real situation doesn't present itself, I could see him okaying such a move and retiring a Twolve.  Why not?