Author Topic: My top 5 prospects for Draft  (Read 6619 times)

Re: My top 5 prospects for Draft
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2015, 10:16:24 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I really really like Kelly Oubre. He has a sweet stroke with a very quick high release. Also he is long, 6'7" and explosive. He is basically a more athletic, quicker James Young in my opinion. He isnt a great defender  no, but his long arms and quickness could make him one. I have seen him go anywhere from 21st to 7th in mock drafts. If he ends up in the 10-14 range I would love to try to move up to get him with a second first, and I wouldnt mind taking him with our first first so long as its not top 3
Is Oubre like Rudy Gay?

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2015, 10:45:28 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Currently I have
5. Porzingis- Blend of AK47+Dirk.
4. Mudiay- Blend of CP3+Stephenson.
3. S.Johnson-Blend of Butler+Kawi.
2. Towns- Blend of Hordford+P.Gasol.
1. Okafor- Blend of Sully+Duncan.

Pretty good comparisons there.

5. Porzingis- Blend of AK47+Dirk.
4. Mudiay- Blend of Wall+Stephenson.
3. S.Johnson-Blend of Butler+Artest.
2. Towns- Blend of Hordford+P.Gasol.
1. Okafor- Blend of Sully+Duncan.
I went with Mudiay and S.Johson blends because;
I see more CP3 in the paint time than Wall explosive drives in half court sets for Mudiay. But he is bigger than CP3 and TO prone. So bit of Lance in the blend.

I don't see a lot of Artest. Artest was big, tough, played with a edge and more strength could even d-up PFs. Johnson has really become more of a wing but just not as fluid as quick SFs in the league, little Kawi-ish. He does score from everywhere so that sort of like Butler.

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2015, 11:14:38 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I really really like Kelly Oubre. He has a sweet stroke with a very quick high release. Also he is long, 6'7" and explosive. He is basically a more athletic, quicker James Young in my opinion. He isnt a great defender  no, but his long arms and quickness could make him one. I have seen him go anywhere from 21st to 7th in mock drafts. If he ends up in the 10-14 range I would love to try to move up to get him with a second first, and I wouldnt mind taking him with our first first so long as its not top 3
Is Oubre like Rudy Gay?

Very much so, especially similar to Gay when Gay entered the league. Since then Gay has added a lot of muscle and I think hes lost a little bit of the explosiveness he had, but hes obviously a very good scorer anyway. I wouldnt be shocked if Oubre could end up as a good of a scorer as Gay and I think hell be a better defender.

Good comparison, I had not thought of that.

TP
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2015, 11:20:30 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Is Oubre like Rudy Gay?

Very much so, especially similar to Gay when Gay entered the league. Since then Gay has added a lot of muscle and I think hes lost a little bit of the explosiveness he had, but hes obviously a very good scorer anyway. I wouldnt be shocked if Oubre could end up as a good of a scorer as Gay and I think hell be a better defender.

TP
Rudy Gay is a strictly isolation player in the NBA, he really doesn't score much in ways other than that in the NBA. Oubre at this point is more of a catch and shoot player.

I think the Rudy Gay potential is accurate, except without any of the bad habits Gay has.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2015, 12:33:51 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Is Oubre like Rudy Gay?

TP
Rudy Gay is a strictly isolation player in the NBA, he really doesn't score much in ways other than that in the NBA. Oubre at this point is more of a catch and shoot player.

I think the Rudy Gay potential is accurate, except without any of the bad habits Gay has.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Kelly-Oubre-70215/

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Rudy-Gay-34/stats/

Rudy Gay has a longer wingspan, more muscle, height and standing reach. Also Rudy Gay is a freak athletically.

But his combine numbers were taken after his soph season, so oubre could still add muscle and athleticism.

Personally, I think there is a chance we can get Oubre with the Clips pick. In order for that to happen the clips would have to miss the playoffs, IMO.

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2015, 06:32:04 AM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
1. Jahlil Okafor - like his post moves and can be a go to scorer, a safe pick

2. Karl-Anthony Towns - has some defensive potential but is a high upside, high risk type player. need to see more fro him.

3. Kristaps Porzingis - im intrigued by his unique skill set and athleticism, seems like a lesser version of Dirk. He could bulk up a bit for the pros easily to match the physicality in the NBA. Boom or bust prospect.

4. Stanley Johnson - great defender, solid offensive ability, very tough and physical, needs to improve his ball handling. a safe choice, good size for a SF at the NBA level

5. D'Angelo Russell - nice size, crafty playmaking ability, put up some very good stats at the college level

Also if there was a 6, I would have Emmanuel Mudiay because im buying low on his hype. He has some questionably high stats from the CBA and has had an ankle injury so soon.