Poll

If Celtics landed the #1 NBA drat pick, would you trade it for DeMarcus Cousins?

Yes, even though Okafor could be chosen instead
63 (51.2%)
No, I'd rather gamble on Okafor (or other draft pick) rather than trade for Cousins
60 (48.8%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Author Topic: If Celtics landed the 2015 #1 draft pick, would u trade it for DeMarcus Cousins?  (Read 64422 times)

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
For this Celtics team at this time I'd take Okafor. 

Offline nopassbass

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Depending on who we can get in as a free agent, but probably no.

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Has Cousins turned Sacramento into a winner?

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
You sure you don't want to trade it for Larry Sanders? Where are the peeps that wanted to give up everything for him? ::)

Cousins can be a heck of a player, I find it hard to believe he will ever not be an idiot though. I don't know the draft class well enough yet so I can't make an educated decision.

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
You sure you don't want to trade it for Larry Sanders? Where are the peeps that wanted to give up everything for him? ::)

Cousins can be a heck of a player, I find it hard to believe he will ever not be an idiot though. I don't know the draft class well enough yet so I can't make an educated decision.
lol +1

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

No, but neither did Kobe Bean Bryant, in the mid 2000's.

And then Kobe got players around him (Odom, Gasol, Bynum, etc) that turned that around for him.

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

They're above .500 this year with Cousins in the lineup, so I'd say yes.  That's even after management fired a good coach and replaced him with Tyrone Corbin.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

And then Kobe got players around him (Odom, Gasol, Bynum, etc) that turned that around for him.
Yeah but normally dominant bigs are able to at least get their team to play 500 ball.

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Yeah but normally dominant bigs are able to at least get their team to play 500 ball.

See Roy H's post, just above. :)

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

What about KG in 2005-2007?  Over that stretch, the Twolves missed the playoffs each year, going a combined 109-137.

Was KG not dominant during that stretch?  Was he not worth trading for?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
They're above .500 this year with Cousins in the lineup

Aren't they 16-24 overall though?  That is why I posted .40% in my above post.

He is definitely an impactful player.

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Sacramento play like a 20 win team without Cousins (2 wins, 8 losses this season) and a .500 team with him (14 wins, 14 losses) ... so I would say Cousins has a big impact in the W-L column.

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I never held it against Kevin Love that he never made the playoffs in Minnesota, but some people used that as a talking point for why Love wasn't that good.  Love spent six seasons in Minny.  He started less than 40 games in his first two and had an 18-game season cut short by injury.  This is very likely going to be Cousins' fifth season as a full-time starter without making the playoffs.

Would people who want Cousins now be hypocrites if they cited a lack of leading his team to the post-season as a reason against chasing after Love?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I never held it against Kevin Love that he never made the playoffs in Minnesota, but some people used that as a talking point for why Love wasn't that good.  Love spent six seasons in Minny.  He started less than 40 games in his first two and had an 18-game season cut short by injury.  This is very likely going to be Cousins' fifth season as a full-time starter without making the playoffs.

Would people who want Cousins now be hypocrites if they cited a lack of leading his team to the post-season as a reason against chasing after Love?

Huge Love supporter, so I agree. I'm in the same boat that allegations against DMC; for performing badly, shouldn't define future performance. I actually think Smart is the type of player DMC can respect, and want to play with as a teammate/competitor. DMC is a far better talent than Love, and is younger to boot.

Kings had a terrible FO, and garnered plenty of criticisms back in the day.  Cousins seems like a guy who hates winning. I don't know why people think Ainge can't bring in players. Hes brought a championship, and he can do it again. DMC looks like a far superior player when compared to Okafor, and has improved defense, and passing.

"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
They're above .500 this year with Cousins in the lineup

Aren't they 16-24 overall though?  That is why I posted .40% in my above post.

He is definitely an impactful player.

He missed 10 games with meningitis, during which time the team fell apart.