Author Topic: DeMarcus Cousins and Sacramento Not Getting Along  (Read 14379 times)

Re: DeMarcus Cousins and Sacramento Not Getting Along
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2015, 06:54:12 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Trade Sullinger, Olynyk, and multiple firsts in a deal for Cousins.  Re-sign Bass to start next to him.  I think the reaction here to that would be entertaining.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2015, 07:01:20 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Trade Sullinger, Olynyk, and multiple firsts in a deal for Cousins.  Re-sign Bass to start next to him.  I think the reaction here to that would be entertaining.

I d lov to see Cousins , Smart and Sully in the same lineup ........if Young could develop.....would be exciting .   

Re: Demarcas cousins and sacramento not getting along
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2015, 07:28:15 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
One thing the Celtics should consider before trying to make a move to acquire Cousins should he become available is if he is the kind of player who is willing to accept direction from a coach such as as Brad Stevens.

If Cousins is unwilling to accept direction from Brad Stevens, then we should fire Brad Stevens.

LOL, That.

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2015, 07:33:46 PM »

Offline FreddieJ

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 7
It comes back to this question though. Why would Demarcus want to play for Boston and not Sacramento? If he wants out of Sacramento wouldn't winning be the foremost reason? Is Boston without assets significantly better than the Kings roster?

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2015, 07:44:39 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
It comes back to this question though. Why would Demarcus want to play for Boston and not Sacramento? If he wants out of Sacramento wouldn't winning be the foremost reason? Is Boston without assets significantly better than the Kings roster?
Because Vivek and Sacramento are the laughing stock of the league, while the Celtics are a revered, first-class organization from top to bottom?  The same reason Rondo would re-sign with Dallas, but not Sacramento.

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2015, 07:49:29 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Because Vivek and Sacramento are the laughing stock of the league, while the Celtics are a revered, first-class organization from top to bottom?  The same reason Rondo would re-sign with Dallas, but not Sacramento.
this is a good question. the reply (dare i say sales pitch by ainge?) is that unlike sacramento, the celtics are expected and working seriously towards a championship. the last one wasnt that long ago and everything is in place for the celtics to BEGIN the road to the next one.

the celtics are a far, far better run organization than sacramento. ainge could sell demarcus on the plan to surround him with existing supporting talent (THAT the celtics have) along with a future of smart, a free agent/trade pick up, and lots of good draft picks.

with demarcus on board, the celtics could quickly be better than sacramento now, and still have lots of good draft picks to keep building.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2015, 08:03:28 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
Sacramento is a titanic disaster.  They fired their coach after the best start in 20 years.  They're shopping the player they just drafted 8th overall.  The owner is too involved, even suggesting they play 4 on 5 and cherry pick on defense and mandating that they play a run-n-gun style despite having the best half-court center in the game.  Their coach, Corbin, is widely regarded as one of the worst in the league.  The team is dead last in the league in assists (mark of no chemistry), 26th in points allowed, and their record is ONE game better than the Celtics.  Why not leave?

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2015, 08:15:37 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Guy is a superstar, and you go all in to get him unless you really believe he's that awful in the locker room. Which hardly any players are when they are winning.

I'd trade Bradley, Sullinger, Olynyk and picks in a heartbeat.

You do that, and we'd have the cap room to fit Cousins plus 2 MORE max guys.

Imagine?

Smart
Young
Butler or Leonard or D Green / Turner / Crowder
Aldridge
Cousins / Zeller

That's 3 established All-Stars plus Smart (who will be All-Defensive Team at least next year) and Young, with Turner, Zeller and Crowder off the bench. We'd need to fill a few spots with vets which would be easy given that team.

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2015, 09:20:28 PM »

Offline FreddieJ

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 7
Sacramento is a titanic disaster.  They fired their coach after the best start in 20 years.  They're shopping the player they just drafted 8th overall.  The owner is too involved, even suggesting they play 4 on 5 and cherry pick on defense and mandating that they play a run-n-gun style despite having the best half-court center in the game.  Their coach, Corbin, is widely regarded as one of the worst in the league.  The team is dead last in the league in assists (mark of no chemistry), 26th in points allowed, and their record is ONE game better than the Celtics.  Why not leave?

I mean, its not his choice. He has three years remaining after this one.

Rondo didn't want to go to Sacramento when they were literally dead last in the Western Conference last year.

There are two ways of looking at things. I know how you feel, but if you go to a Kings board their thinking "we have a budding core (Cousins, Gay, Collison, McLemore) who competed with the best of them earlier this season, we are going to have some flexibility, our GM/Owner is going to look at add a top tier coach this off season." As bad as PDA looks right now, the Kings talent level is better than when he arrived before last year, it might just be too early to make a final judgement.

hwangjini_1: I guess in that scenario your not planning on giving anything up for Cousins? The Kings have the leverage here, and they don't have to trade him with three years remaining. There would be many suitors if he made a demand.

Re: Demarcas cousins and sacramento not getting along
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2015, 11:52:07 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Like any talent, if we can get him for a good price we do it. The problem is, if we get Cousins I think we need to also get someone else (or a collection of vets.) We can't bring him here and then plan on 2 more years of rebuilding. He will just get p---ed off here.

If we could get Cousins for say Wallace, filler and 3 or 4 firsts I wonder what subsequent moves we would make. KG for the TPE? Does that make any sense?

Cousins/Zeller/KG/KO
KG/Sully/KO/Bass
Crowder/Young/Turner
AB/Smart/Thorton/Turner
Smart/Turner

Frankly, short of Smart and maybe Sully, I'd trade anyone in green for DMC. Seriously, the talent gap between DMC and the rest of the roster is just mindblowing.

Edit: to further prove my point on this guy's talent. https://vine.co/v/OIvIz7ELu9u
not one of our guards have even tried this type of handle yet.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2015, 11:56:01 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
Cousins is amazing, don't get me wrong.  But all of this is tempered by the fact that he doesn't always try.  He's caustic to teammates, to coaches, to referees, to the front office.  At some point, the Kings might decide to go another direction.  Maybe he grows up first, I don't know.

If you were Vivek, would you take Sully, BOS 2015 first, BKN 2016 first, Dallas 2016 first, Memphis 2019 first and James Young?

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2015, 12:00:14 AM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Cousins is amazing, don't get me wrong.  But all of this is tempered by the fact that he doesn't always try.  He's caustic to teammates, to coaches, to referees, to the front office.  At some point, the Kings might decide to go another direction.  Maybe he grows up first, I don't know.

If you were Vivek, would you take Sully, BOS 2015 first, BKN 2016 first, Dallas 2016 first, Memphis 2019 first and James Young?

Well hiring a new coach pretty much tells me they're starting over... again. So maybe?

I could care less about the guy's attitude. Attitude is a positive when you have a team that plays hard. Just ask how Zach Randolph if he changed his attitude
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2015, 12:09:38 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

Not sure that they really want Young since they already have Stauskas and Mcelmore, unless they picture him as a 3 long-term.

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2015, 12:29:07 AM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney

Not sure that they really want Young since they already have Stauskas and Mcelmore, unless they picture him as a 3 long-term.

You're sort of missing the point. 

What if we offered Sully and 3 firsts?
4?
5?
6?
7?
8?
9?
10?
11?

Surely there's some price that would make Vivek blink.

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2015, 12:30:08 AM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney

Well hiring a new coach pretty much tells me they're starting over... again. So maybe?

I could care less about the guy's attitude. Attitude is a positive when you have a team that plays hard. Just ask how Zach Randolph if he changed his attitude
Charlotte plays REALLY hard and Lance's attitude sucks.