Author Topic: DeMarcus Cousins and Sacramento Not Getting Along  (Read 14386 times)

Re: Demarcas cousins and sacramento not getting along
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2015, 12:02:50 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
You'd have to imagine they'd rather trade him far away out of conference. Only other team with our kind of asset is Philly and they are loaded at Center.

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2015, 12:07:22 PM »

Offline ddb

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17
I've said this a dozen times over on realgm.com, Boogie will not be a King for much longer.  His days are numbered.  And the Celtics are in prime position to make a good offer. 

Boogie is the young,ultra talented player that Ainge can bring in.  Then you overpay for Jimmy Butler or someone like that, and draft well. 

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2015, 12:16:41 PM »

Offline mikestar

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 8
Boogie nights at the Garden! Bring it on.  ;D

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2015, 12:20:28 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
I don't think it's likely that we get him, but I'd be more than willing to throw pretty much anyone not named Smart (and possibly Young) to Sacramento plus three picks to get him.

I'd pull the trigger on something like Sully, Bass, Thornton, Bos 2015 1st, Brk 2016 1st, and 2016 Cleveland 1st for Cousins. That's a pretty good prospect in Sully they'd get along with 14 million in expiring contracts and two pretty dang good picks and a mediocre pick. Now whether or not they'd do it is doubtful unless Cousins really demands out, and he'd probably have to want to come here.

But getting Cousins knocks 3 years off of the rebuild easily, and his presence makes us MUCH more attractive to free agents, especially some of the forwards coming up in the next couple of years looking for a legit two-way sidekick at center, i.e. Love, Aldridge, Durant, etc.

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2015, 12:20:53 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I just heard the sound of about half the blog perking their ears up at once.

He is the one star who I wouldn't be able to stand in green.  As Mike Gorman said, "He has been unhappy since he came into the league."  That would not change if he came to Boston.
I can barely tolerate witnessing his facial expressions and body language a few games a year.  No way would I want to see it for 82 games.   He's an excellent player but I don't think the Celtics would be wise to make him the face of their franchise.

I mostly agree.  He was a malcontent at Kentucky too, so it's not just the losing.  Guys like that sometimes get it under control but more often that's just who they are.

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2015, 12:22:02 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
I've said this a dozen times over on realgm.com, Boogie will not be a King for much longer.  His days are numbered.  And the Celtics are in prime position to make a good offer. 

Boogie is the young,ultra talented player that Ainge can bring in.  Then you overpay for Jimmy Butler or someone like that, and draft well.

man that would be the makings of a nice defensive team with Butler too. Smart Butler & Boogie.  If you can some how hang onto Olynyk or Sully in the deal, they would fit real nice in the PF spot.
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2015, 12:45:13 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7LfX9Me2GY

I can dig it ;D

We get Boogie Cousins, play this song, and have Gino in the background.

Do it, Danny!

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2015, 12:45:34 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
You'd have to imagine they'd rather trade him far away out of conference. Only other team with our kind of asset is Philly and they are loaded at Center.

but Cousins is an instant upgrade over any centers they have. I bet if they offered either Noel or Embiid and pieces, they bite that over what we have to offer

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2015, 12:51:20 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I just heard the sound of about half the blog perking their ears up at once.

He is the one star who I wouldn't be able to stand in green.  As Mike Gorman said, "He has been unhappy since he came into the league."  That would not change if he came to Boston.
I can barely tolerate witnessing his facial expressions and body language a few games a year.  No way would I want to see it for 82 games.   He's an excellent player but I don't think the Celtics would be wise to make him the face of their franchise.

I mostly agree.  He was a malcontent at Kentucky too, so it's not just the losing.  Guys like that sometimes get it under control but more often that's just who they are.

Kendrick Perkins was largely known for his scowl, but he was generally loved and some believe the heart of the team was ripped out when he was traded.  The effort by-and-large has been there the last two years with Cousins.  Every day?  No.  But he's definitely shown a lot of growth, and emotional maturity is something that oftencomes with age, so hopefully that growth continues.  I do think Malone's ridiculous firing set him back a little, but if you came back from meningitis and found your boss who you liked was canned because you had meningitis, you might react badly too, and want to work elsewhere.

He'll probably always have those one or two things per year that make you shake your head, but as they become rare events they're much easier to deal with, especially because the good times can be very good.  Hopefully he sticks with the national team, since I think that helped his emotional growth too.

He'll be an expensive acquisition, but this year's first, a couple future firsts, and Olynyk would be just fine with me.  We have the assets to make the best offer -- cashing some in on Boogie would be a big step towards rebuilding.  (Note: as mentioned in another Cousins' thread, im slightly more hesitant if we get #1 overall, but only slightly.)  Players like Cousins are only available on the trade market once a year or so -- strike when the opportunity presents itself.

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2015, 01:03:23 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
Cousins is a beast, a true center, and the best one in the game, bar none.  Cousins and Smart as your starting foundation is just downright nasty.

People mature, guys get older, testosterone levels recede.  If there is a chance to get Boogie, you do it.  He's better than anything in this draft or anything you're likely to see in any 3 drafts.  Bring him in, show him respect, and let Bill Russell give him the speech about loyalty and what it means to be a Celtic.  He'll turn it around. 

I've listened to a few interviews with Boogie.  He's very mild-mannered, but he has an incredibly short fuse and he favors fight over flight.  You can unlearn this.  I believe in Boogie.

Stephenson on the other hand, cannot be cured.  Grade A idiot.

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2015, 01:04:34 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Perkins' personality was more like KG's though.  He was tough and always played 100%.  He didn't sulk and give up in several games a year like Cousins does.

Cousins seems like an ultra talented baby.  Perk acted like a man, even when he was disgruntled.

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2015, 05:35:36 PM »

Offline the_gunner

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 3
I really like the idea of trading for Cousins.

Thornton and Bass + 3 of our better first round picks and 3 2nd round picks for him.

He will be the monster we need and a cornerstone in our rebuild. Talents like him are rare, and I think we should do whatever we can to sign him.

Sacramento would only trade him if he really doesn't want to stay there, but if that is the case then I can't see who would offer them anything more than this offer.

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2015, 05:36:42 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Do it

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2015, 05:46:12 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7LfX9Me2GY

I can dig it ;D

We get Boogie Cousins, play this song, and have Gino in the background.

Do it, Danny!

Only if the Celts change their uniforms to green anywhere versions of those. 
Yup

Re: DeMarcus Cousins and Sacramento Not Getting Along
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2015, 05:52:42 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Keep our draft pick this year and throw in Sully.