Author Topic: DeMarcus Cousins and Sacramento Not Getting Along  (Read 14388 times)

DeMarcus Cousins and Sacramento Not Getting Along
« on: January 18, 2015, 04:39:19 AM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
It's no secret that when they fired the head coach mid season demarcus cousins was not happy. sacramento has been in free fall ever since. well I just saw the demarcus cousins got benched for an entire game against the clippers.
http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400578899
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 05:50:09 PM by Redz »
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Re: Demarcas cousins and sacramento not getting along
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 04:44:59 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
He didn't play because of an ankle sprain he sustained in the previous game.

But yes - I'd still love him in Green. IMO he's the 2nd best C in the game as far as overall skill, behind Marc.

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 04:50:22 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
You bet your bippy Danny hopes Cousins wants out

I think most of us would be thrilled to trade for him
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 06:07:19 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
He is the one star who I wouldn't be able to stand in green.  As Mike Gorman said, "He has been unhappy since he came into the league."  That would not change if he came to Boston.
I can barely tolerate witnessing his facial expressions and body language a few games a year.  No way would I want to see it for 82 games.   He's an excellent player but I don't think the Celtics would be wise to make him the face of their franchise.

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 07:12:44 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
One thing the Celtics should consider before trying to make a move to acquire Cousins should he become available is if he is the kind of player who is willing to accept direction from a coach such as as Brad Stevens.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 07:21:38 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
One thing the Celtics should consider before trying to make a move to acquire Cousins should he become available is if he is the kind of player who is willing to accept direction from a coach such as as Brad Stevens.

He respected Mike Malone, and put a lot of effort into improving his game.

Cousins gets a lot of flack, but he's one of the few stars who has drastically improved his game since coming into the league.  He's become more efficient scoring, while at the same time improving his passing, rebounding, and in particular, defense.  He's a legit defensive anchor now, a notion that would have been laughable even 2 or 3 years ago.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 07:30:48 AM »

Offline Rickretro

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
He is the one star who I wouldn't be able to stand in green.  As Mike Gorman said, "He has been unhappy since he came into the league."  That would not change if he came to Boston.
I can barely tolerate witnessing his facial expressions and body language a few games a year.  No way would I want to see it for 82 games.   He's an excellent player but I don't think the Celtics would be wise to make him the face of their franchise.
  I couldn't agree more!  Watching him and his antics against the Celtics sealed it for me.  He is dirty, does not put forth constant effort and seems to be a mental case.  I would rather have a case of the clap than this strange, pouting creature on my team. 

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2015, 08:12:42 AM »

Offline the_gunner

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 3
If they really want to trade him, then I think we should go for it!

It's not easy for us to get a real superstar, and Cousins got what it takes to become one. He could be the building block, that we need to help the other youngsters. If we could get him we would have the frontcourt of the future(Cousins-Zeller at C, and Sully-Ko as PF - pretty impressive in a few years time).

But honestly what do we have to offer that Sacramento will be interested in. Would they be interested in expiring contracts(Thornton-Bass) and a few picks? Can we use our exemptions? Are they interested in any of our assets?

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2015, 09:22:40 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
Like any talent, if we can get him for a good price we do it. The problem is, if we get Cousins I think we need to also get someone else (or a collection of vets.) We can't bring him here and then plan on 2 more years of rebuilding. He will just get p---ed off here.

If we could get Cousins for say Wallace, filler and 3 or 4 firsts I wonder what subsequent moves we would make. KG for the TPE? Does that make any sense?

Cousins/Zeller/KG/KO
KG/Sully/KO/Bass
Crowder/Young/Turner
AB/Smart/Thorton/Turner
Smart/Turner

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2015, 09:31:09 AM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122

If Cousins is unwilling to accept direction from Brad Stevens, then we should fire Brad Stevens.

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2015, 09:51:40 AM »

Offline Depalma2002

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Like any talent, if we can get him for a good price we do it. The problem is, if we get Cousins I think we need to also get someone else (or a collection of vets.) We can't bring him here and then plan on 2 more years of rebuilding. He will just get p---ed off here.

If we could get Cousins for say Wallace, filler and 3 or 4 firsts I wonder what subsequent moves we would make. KG for the TPE? Does that make any sense?

Cousins/Zeller/KG/KO
KG/Sully/KO/Bass
Crowder/Young/Turner
AB/Smart/Thorton/Turner
Smart/Turner

Well, Cousins has 3+ years left on his deal, so it's not like he can sign elsewhere if he is not happy being on a rebuilding team for the next year or two. It's his mindset as he enters the final year of his deal that will be the issue.

I don't know what KG for the TPE does for you other than put you over the tax threshold.

It's all a moot issue anyway. The Kings aren't dealing him unless they get a godfather deal. Cousins is upset with the Kings over the Malone firing but, he has no leverage to force his way out of town. If he acts out and tries to push the issue he just decreases his trade value and just guarantees himself more time in Sacramento. They aren't selling low on him.

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2015, 10:39:20 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55

Ideally thats what any team does before bringing in a possibly problematic player.. However Stevens is much tougher than he looks .. I'm sure he can handle..

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2015, 10:52:48 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
If we got DMC, I would love to bring KG/Pierce/Perkins under the right price. They can still play on the bench,and provide leadership and toughness.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2015, 10:54:29 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
He's easily the best center in the NBA, if you can get him you do it. If you get Cousins and Smart develops over the next year and a half, you clear the books and make a run at potentially two of the big name max free agents in 2016, once the new salary cap takes effect. A developed Smart plus Cousins is enough to get two game changing players to own the weak East.

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2015, 11:01:38 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I'm curious what the price would be on Cousins. If we got into the top 3 of the lottery how much would they want in addition to that pick?

If we got the top pick overall, it might make more sense to have Okafor and the cap space rather than Cousins and that's not even factoring in that they probably would want Sully, Olynyk or some other young players in addition to the high pick.

If we land outside of the lottery I'd love that pick to be the centerpiece of a deal, if we but I'm not sure the Kings would do that.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19