Author Topic: So sick of hearing about how BAD Avery Bradley is  (Read 19242 times)

Re: So sick of hearing about how BAD Avery Bradley is
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2015, 12:20:33 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Well, I guess we re tanking anyway ....so we don't need him making 30 points a night shooting us into 8 th seed.

So let him brick away the next two years , and when we land a franchise player to build around ...let him go.

So Avery ...dude just brick till your hearts content

Plus, after he's done we can gather up all of those bricks and build a shelter for the homeless.
Keep thinking that all he does is brick shots

I don't, but feel free to keep thinking of retorts to statements that no one has made.

I was refering to the poster above you. I like the fact that people are still bashing Bradley even though It was him that kept the Celtics in the game while the Blazers made their run.

« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2015, 12:39:15 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
If we can get a lottery pick....Trade bradley.... period....

« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2015, 01:12:16 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Well, I guess we re tanking anyway ....so we don't need him making 30 points a night shooting us into 8 th seed.

So let him brick away the next two years , and when we land a franchise player to build around ...let him go.

So Avery ...dude just brick till your hearts content

Plus, after he's done we can gather up all of those bricks and build a shelter for the homeless.
Keep thinking that all he does is brick shots

I don't, but feel free to keep thinking of retorts to statements that no one has made.

I was refering to the poster above you. I like the fact that people are still bashing Bradley even though It was him that kept the Celtics in the game while the Blazers made their run.
doorbell

« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2015, 12:44:46 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
bump. i just read this article on the front of cb this morning and wanted to add it to this thread.

http://www.celticsblog.com/2015/1/25/7881075/avery-bradley-has-been-one-of-the-nba-best-three-point-shooters-boston-celtics

i think THE key point in the whole article is the need for cb to be patient with young players. we can expect inconsistency, but if we are patient we may be rewarded.

i still remember the threads during bradley's rookie season, about how he was a complete waste of space, a bust, a pile of crap, and more. by any standard, bradley has proven himself better than those assessments.

this most recent round of bradley attacks should remind us all to be patient with young players.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2015, 01:10:17 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
bump. i just read this article on the front of cb this morning and wanted to add it to this thread.

http://www.celticsblog.com/2015/1/25/7881075/avery-bradley-has-been-one-of-the-nba-best-three-point-shooters-boston-celtics

i think THE key point in the whole article is the need for cb to be patient with young players. we can expect inconsistency, but if we are patient we may be rewarded.

i still remember the threads during bradley's rookie season, about how he was a complete waste of space, a bust, a pile of crap, and more. by any standard, bradley has proven himself better than those assessments.

this most recent round of bradley attacks should remind us all to be patient with young players.

Bradley is averaging just 14.1 points on 13.4 field goal attempts per game, which might appear underwhelming, but his scoring will likely increase as the year proceeds.
Just comes to show that Kevin's stuff is yet again quite detached from reality.

For starters, anyone who's paid any attention to AB over the last couple of seasons would know that this type of efficiency is what you're going to be getting from him. He's coming off a career best season where he scored 15 ppg on 14 shots. He's still the same guy he was last year -- a decent mid- to long-range shooter who has little ability to create off the dribble or finish in traffic.

Unsurprisingly, since the above quote was written, his scoring has remained largely the same, and is now 13 ppg on 12 shots for the season. It is funny that the quote points out that Bradley was averaging "just 14 ppg" when he was supposedly having an off start -- and has since supposedly gotten on the right track. It just doesn't line up with the evidence.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2015, 05:03:42 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

lol. Pretty soon we are going to give awards if players have good weeks.

« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2015, 05:23:54 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I don't expect much more from Avery Bradley.  He is a player that ideally is not one of your leaders in FGA.  Right now we don't have much on offense (and especially, player that can create their own shot, something Bradley can do in the midrange).  He's being asked to shoot more than he should.

I'd love if he develops as a passer and ball handler but personally I don't know if I expect it to change too much.  I do think this year he has actually made some nice passes, which before I really don't remember him making any pass I thought was skilled. 

And in the end, I'm still happy for what he is.  We just need a better team around him.  He should not be a top offensive option.  As a guy working off cuts and spotting up for threes he could be quite efficient.  I think people were much happier with Avery when he had this role with us back when the team had more talent, and back then he wasn't the three point shooter he is now.

lol. Pretty soon we are going to give awards if players have good weeks.

So no rewarding but tearing them down for a bad few weeks is okay?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 05:29:42 PM by Snakehead »
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford