Author Topic: Trade Idea for making strong young core  (Read 3702 times)

Trade Idea for making strong young core
« on: January 16, 2015, 05:25:27 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
We are clearly tanking everyone knows it anymore or less has accepted it. It is a little sad to watch the celtics now. I feel they need one more person to add to the young core to make it complete.  I want us to be a competitive young team meanwhile keeping most of our picks.

I think we need someone young to play alongside smart. I don't think that it should be avery bradley. So I came up with this trade.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lokywu6

we would also send them the clippers pick,philly second round pick and their choice of the Cleveland pick or dallas pick.

why boston
well I have been looking at antetokunmpo's numbers and he is shooting 50% of his shots which is impressive. however he is only taking 9 shots a game. avery bradley takes 12 shots a game. so antetokunmpo should then be averaging at least 14 points a game if he started over bradley. he is  great rebounder and great defender due to his size.

we would then have a starting line up of
smart
crowder
antetokunmpo
sully
zeller

with young,turner and bradley on the bench and we would have all our brooklyn picks and
2015 lottery pick. We still would have a lot of money for free agents.

why milwaukee
 atetokunmpo has cooled down a little bit. they are in rebuilding mode and I am sure will entertain any offers. honestly two first round picks a great second round pick and a prospect in olynyk is a pretty good deal.

trade idea 2

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=q3rmj8t

sacramento needs a stretch 4. they send stakes and their 2019 1st round pick to milwaukee.
We send the same picks to milwaukee.
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Re: Trade Idea for making strong young core
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 05:37:33 PM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
If a team is in rebuilding mode, why would they trade a 20 year old potential stud just because he "cooled down" a bit?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have Giannis (physically he reminds me of Kevin Durant), but I have to think he is one of the most unavailable young players in the league.  He has gone from raw, toolsy project to legit NBA player who gets visibly better every day in a season and a half.  I think he is a very unrealistic target, no matter how many Kelly Olynyk's you send to Mil.

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 06:44:08 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Milwaukee would rather institute prohibition then to trade the Greek Freak for those packages.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 06:54:42 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
"atetokunmpo has cooled down a little bit" is not enough (and would never be) reason to trade a player with a very high potential.

Bucks won't do this.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 07:31:23 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
At some point they are going to have to decide on Antetokounmpo or Parker. DA has the chips to make a deal for one of them in players or picks or both.

I for one would want Parker.....Mostly because it's easier to say and spell. :P

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 07:45:03 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Parker and Drummond ........core

Trade all our picks , KO , Sully .

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 10:53:25 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
"atetokunmpo has cooled down a little bit" is not enough (and would never be) reason to trade a player with a very high potential.

Bucks won't do this.

+1

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2015, 10:56:55 AM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 22
I wish, man. I wish.

Before the draft I was so intrigued by him from what I read on RealGM and it had been rumored that Ainge was really interested in him. When we traded up, I thought for sure that it was for him. I was so bummed it was for Kelly. Don't get me wrong, Kelly has turned out decent, and Ainge made the smart/reliable choice instead of taking the gamble.

It is what it is, we will not get him now. But I agree he would have been perfect for our young core, especially as Olynyck isn't a defensive or rebounding big man, and the league has become more short on amazing wings.

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2015, 11:47:30 AM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
At some point they are going to have to decide on Antetokounmpo or Parker. DA has the chips to make a deal for one of them in players or picks or both.

I'm not sure Milwaukee will ever have to make this decision you are referring to.  For that to take place both Giannis and Parker would have to prove that they are completely redundant to each other, and also command such a large percentage of Milwaukee's salary cap that it doesn't make sense to keep both of them.  That decision is probably 4 years away, and might never need to be made at all depending on how these guys continue to develop.

Milwaukee is probably a good example of where the Celtics can hope to be in 2 to 3 years.  A roster made up almost entirely of young players with most of them actually deserving minutes in the NBA and one or more of them showing the potential to be all-star caliber some day (Giannis).  When you have that I don't think you look to make trades to take a step back by acquiring multiple high picks for more future building.

If Giannis were to become available I'd through the kitchen sink at Milwaukee to land him, but I think the notion of it actually happening is crazy.

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2015, 12:03:18 PM »

Offline Jesus Shuttlesworth #20

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
The good thing about this trade idea is that it will entrench the Celtics as the worst team in the league for the next five years guaranteeing high draft picks.

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2015, 12:14:37 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen

I'm not sure Milwaukee will ever have to make this decision you are referring to.  For that to take place both Giannis and Parker would have to prove that they are completely redundant to each other, and also command such a large percentage of Milwaukee's salary cap that it doesn't make sense to keep both of them.  That decision is probably 4 years away, and might never need to be made at all depending on how these guys continue to develop.

Milwaukee is probably a good example of where the Celtics can hope to be in 2 to 3 years.  A roster made up almost entirely of young players with most of them actually deserving minutes in the NBA and one or more of them showing the potential to be all-star caliber some day (Giannis).  When you have that I don't think you look to make trades to take a step back by acquiring multiple high picks for more future building.

If Giannis were to become available I'd through the kitchen sink at Milwaukee to land him, but I think the notion of it actually happening is crazy.

I think they will be redundant if they both start to reach their potential. Antetokoumpo plays better at the SF were he can use his quickness and length like Durant, but would get beat up by the bigger stronger PF's. Parker isn't a banger and is more of a big SF like Peirce.

It's kinda like the 76ers with Noel and Embiid. They are both suited for the Center, but they were hoping for one of them to play the PF. Just don't see it working once Embiid comes back. I'ts like Kantor and Favors, to similar.

And no way are the Bucks that much ahead of us in the rebuild. If they make the playoffs this year, the C's have a good chance at grabbing the guy they need to continue a good rebuild and then it's working at getting to the playoffs and letting the Nets suck it up to grab more prospects. The Bucks will be drafting in the high teens to early 20's, and would have to trade or sign an FA to get the help they need. So trading one of them for a need might be nessary. And it's better to do it sooner than later, so teams have a couple years with them to buy into a system. If you do it right before they expire teams may not want to give up too much for them.

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2015, 01:26:31 PM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
I think they will be redundant if they both start to reach their potential. Antetokoumpo plays better at the SF were he can use his quickness and length like Durant, but would get beat up by the bigger stronger PF's. Parker isn't a banger and is more of a big SF like Peirce.

It's kinda like the 76ers with Noel and Embiid. They are both suited for the Center, but they were hoping for one of them to play the PF. Just don't see it working once Embiid comes back. I'ts like Kantor and Favors, to similar.

And no way are the Bucks that much ahead of us in the rebuild. If they make the playoffs this year, the C's have a good chance at grabbing the guy they need to continue a good rebuild and then it's working at getting to the playoffs and letting the Nets suck it up to grab more prospects. The Bucks will be drafting in the high teens to early 20's, and would have to trade or sign an FA to get the help they need. So trading one of them for a need might be nessary. And it's better to do it sooner than later, so teams have a couple years with them to buy into a system. If you do it right before they expire teams may not want to give up too much for them.
The Bucks aren't far ahead of us in their rebuild?  Really?  The Bucks have actual players slotted into the spots that we need draft picks to fill, so I think they are at least 2 years ahead.  They currently have 3 future cornerstones of their team in Giannis Antetokoumpo, Jabari Parker, and Brandon Knight  were we currently MAYBE have one in Marcus Smart. 

The Bucks also have 2 potential interior defenders/shot blockers in Sanders (who could also easily turn into a contract albatross if he never gets his life in order) and John Henson whereas we have one in Zeller, and I think he is ideally a backup, not a starter. 

Both teams have a number of quality role players as well but the key is, assuming their youth continues to improve they already have their foundational guys in place where we do not.  In 2018 we may be way ahead of them, but come the 2015-16 season I think Milwaukee will be a playoff team and we still will not be.

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2015, 01:42:52 PM »

Offline celticsfan8591

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
We had our opportunity to give up Olynyk for Giannis a year and a half ago and we botched it.  There's no chance it's happening now.

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2015, 02:18:02 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen

The Bucks aren't far ahead of us in their rebuild?  Really?  The Bucks have actual players slotted into the spots that we need draft picks to fill, so I think they are at least 2 years ahead.  They currently have 3 future cornerstones of their team in Giannis Antetokoumpo, Jabari Parker, and Brandon Knight  were we currently MAYBE have one in Marcus Smart. 

The Bucks also have 2 potential interior defenders/shot blockers in Sanders (who could also easily turn into a contract albatross if he never gets his life in order) and John Henson whereas we have one in Zeller, and I think he is ideally a backup, not a starter. 

Both teams have a number of quality role players as well but the key is, assuming their youth continues to improve they already have their foundational guys in place where we do not.  In 2018 we may be way ahead of them, but come the 2015-16 season I think Milwaukee will be a playoff team and we still will not be.

Two of the guys play the same potion. Henson yeah better than Zeller, but right now we are in the lotto full of good centers, so unless we get screwed(which is always a possibility with this team and drafts) we could be okay with that. It's Knights last year, who knows if he wants to stay. He could bolt. He'd be smart not to for the money reasons.

Knight,Parker,Ant,Henson vs Smart,AB,Young,Sully,KO. Knight is the best player for the bucks right now, and Sully and KO are about even, depending on the night. Young could be better than Parker, he was better than him in the tourney last year, more clutch.  I could see the C's being were the Bucks are next year. We get one other good draft player and we can make the playoffs as well.

Right now the Bucks are better, but this could change in 6 months, and a year after that even more. You say the C's will be were the Bucks are now in 2-3 years. I say they will surpass them in 3.

But of course if we actually new what was going to happen we'd both be millionaires after winning the lotteyr 20 times over.  :)

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2015, 02:28:46 PM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
But of course if we actually new what was going to happen we'd both be millionaires after winning the lotteyr 20 times over.  :)

Hahaha.  True dat.  I happen to think Milwaukee has a few more "birds in hand" than we do, but I do love our future.  I just think we might be waiting a while for it to fully pay dividends.  And I also am probably more bullish on Giannis than others.  When I watch him I see the potential for a top 10 player in the NBA someday when he peaks.

And with that said, I'm going to spend the rest of my afternoon watching college basketball to fuel my dream of the C's somehow working out the 2015 draft so they end up with D'Angelo Russell and Myles Turner.