Author Topic: Master Plan to Return us to Contender Status!!  (Read 3851 times)

Master Plan to Return us to Contender Status!!
« on: January 16, 2015, 02:30:13 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I found a way to make everyone happy.  Those who supported the Ainge trades will be pleased.  Those who felt we should have kept everyone will be pleased.  Those who felt we should have traded for players like Asik and Afflalo will be pleased.

Step 1 - Dump Bradley for an expiring
Step 2 - Stretch Wallace's contract

Congrats, you now have 19 mil on the books for Smart, Turner, Olynyk, Zeller, Young, Sully and Wallace's stretched contract.   Figure another 6 mil for our 2015 rookies and you got about 25 mil on the books... leaving us with a healthy 41 mil in cap space.

I just realized Pierce has a player option for next year.  That's exciting.

Sign Pierce to vet min
Sign KG to vet min
Sign Ray to vet min
Sign Perk for 2 mil
Sign Rondo for 16 mil

Congrats, you just got back the undefeated starting 5 for about 21 mil.... Leaving us with 20 mil left.

Give Afflalo 10 mil
Give Asik 10 mil

Celtic pride returns, boatloads of picks coming... high fives all around.

Re: Master Plan to Return us to Contender Status!!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 02:35:31 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
Holy crap...that is hilarious to think about. It would never happen but it is funny to think that  you could potentially have the undefeated starting 5 for less than KG's salary a few years ago.
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 02:40:15 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Holy crap...that is hilarious to think about. It would never happen but it is funny to think that  you could potentially have the undefeated starting 5 for less than KG's salary a few years ago.
Obviously more likely that KG retires and Pierce opts-in to stay with the Wizards next year... but I mean... technically Rondo, Ray, Pierce, KG, Perk and Jeff Green are all free agents this summer.

What if this was all just some genius Auerbachian scheme by Ainge to have his cake and eat it too?  At some point the boys collectively decided they couldn't get it done.  Ainge said, "Look... i'm going to move you guys for future building blocks... but you guys are Celtics for life and in a couple seasons, I want to bring the band back together for a farewell tour". 

Lol.  It COULD happen.  It's not going to, but it COULD.  I think it's very possible we can put together a competitive team this summer if we make some intelligent signings.  If we have a team that looks playoff-bound, I'd gladly welcome back KG, Ray and Pierce to be vet mentors off the bench. 

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 02:44:56 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I found a way to make everyone happy.  Those who supported the Ainge trades will be pleased.  Those who felt we should have kept everyone will be pleased.  Those who felt we should have traded for players like Asik and Afflalo will be pleased.

Congrats, you now have 19 mil on the books for Smart, Turner, Olynyk, Zeller, Young, Sully and Wallace's stretched contract.   Figure another 6 mil for our 2015 rookies and you got about 25 mil on the books... leaving us with a healthy 41 mil in cap space.

Sign Pierce to vet min
Sign KG to vet min
Sign Ray to vet min
Sign Perk for 2 mil
Sign Rondo for 16 mil

Congrats, you just got back the undefeated starting 5 for about 21 mil.... Leaving us with 20 mil left.

Give Afflalo 10 mil
Give Asik 10 mil

Screw Afflalo and Asik.  Sign Antoine and Larry Bird to the minimum, and then sign Lebron!  Super-team!

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 02:46:57 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Sign Pierce to vet min
Sign KG to vet min
Sign Ray to vet min
Sign Perk for 2 mil
Sign Rondo for 16 mil

Give Afflalo 10 mil
Give Asik 10 mil

Screw Afflalo and Asik.  Sign Antoine and Larry Bird to the minimum, and then sign Lebron!  Super-team!
It works financially. 

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 02:48:18 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Obviously more likely that KG retires and Pierce opts-in to stay with the Wizards next year... but I mean... technically Rondo, Ray, Pierce, KG, Perk and Jeff Green are all free agents this summer.

What if this was all just some genius Auerbachian scheme by Ainge to have his cake and eat it too?  At some point the boys collectively decided they couldn't get it done.  Ainge said, "Look... i'm going to move you guys for future building blocks... but you guys are Celtics for life and in a couple seasons, I want to bring the band back together for a farewell tour". 

Lol.  It COULD happen.  It's not going to, but it COULD.  I think it's very possible we can put together a competitive team this summer if we make some intelligent signings.  If we have a team that looks playoff-bound, I'd gladly welcome back KG, Ray and Pierce to be vet mentors off the bench.

This would be so surreal. Having them be here but not be the same type of contributors they were before ... LarBrd33, is your real name Rod Serling?  ;D
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 02:50:27 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
Just for the sheer entertainment value I would love to see them on the court again..
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2015, 02:52:39 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

This would be so surreal. Having them be here but not be the same type of contributors they were before ... LarBrd33, is your real name Rod Serling?  ;D
Yeah it would be rather strange seeing:

PG - Rondo / Turner
SG - Smart / Ray
SF - Young / Pierce
PF - Sully / KG
C - Zeller / Perk

... and still see us win 22 games.

But if we get a couple studs in the 2015 draft and sign a couple more quality players like Afflalo and Asik, I sure wouldnt' mind having a Pierce and KG off the bench.

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2015, 03:18:51 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Love it ALL ;D :).

Do it.

And with THAT list of starters and supporting cast?

50-55 wins, and a high seeding for playoffs.

Championship experience...a long range threat...toughness...guile....swagger...youth...defensive intensity....

Top it off with a dollop of Celtic Mystique.

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2015, 03:21:31 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84

Sign Pierce to vet min
Sign KG to vet min
Sign Ray to vet min
Sign Perk for 2 mil
Sign Rondo for 16 mil

Give Afflalo 10 mil
Give Asik 10 mil

It works financially.

Hey, Chief´s been begging for a job too.

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2015, 03:22:06 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
This needs to happen. Give the Clipps their pick back for Doc, and put out an APB for Ricky D and Raef. They can come off the bench.

Al Jeff might opt out this summer and be available.

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2015, 03:24:02 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
There's some jesting here, but seriously that group would win 50-55 games.

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2015, 03:28:49 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84

This has the makings of a Hollywood blockbuster movie!

Game 7 NBA finals 2016, Doc Rivers subs himself in and makes the game winning buzzer beater!

THE BOSTON OLDIES WIN THE GAME!

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2015, 04:12:47 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
If Boston actually did all the ridiculous moves I mentioned (using 41 mil to sign Rondo, Ray, Pierce, KG, Perk, Afflalo and Asik)...  What would our lineup actually look like next year? 

PG - Rondo / Smart / Turner
SG - Afflalo / Ray
SF - Pierce / Young
PF - KG? / Sully/ Oly
C - Asik / Zeller / Perk

Would KG come off the bench? 

That's 13 players right there... plus at least a couple rookies that we will take in the 2015 draft.

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2015, 04:29:59 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

This has the makings of a Hollywood blockbuster movie!

Game 7 NBA finals 2016, Doc Rivers subs himself in and makes the game winning buzzer beater!

THE BOSTON OLDIES WIN THE GAME!

Love it.

Let us have a rematch of the 2009-10 finals...bring back SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED...and have him punch Dancing Joey in the grill for those terrible calls, LOL ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfu5kRCg0jU