Author Topic: Tobias Harris  (Read 2957 times)

Tobias Harris
« on: January 16, 2015, 12:18:02 PM »

Offline Londongreen

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
Would you trade for him or sign him in the off-season. I'm guessing, Orlando, are big on Aarron Gordan, which should mean they will not match certain offers or will sign and trade him.

I'm big on him, only 22, averaged 17-8-2-1.4 last season, in his third season. I'd rather have him than sully/KO.

wWuld you make him a target for the off-season, with guys like KJ or big targets like Butler/Kawhi etc.

Re: Tobias Harris
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 12:19:42 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Would you trade for him or sign him in the off-season. I'm guessing, Orlando, are big on Aarron Gordan, which should mean they will not match certain offers or will sign and trade him.

I'm big on him, only 22, averaged 17-80-2-1.4 last season, in his third season. I'd rather have him than sully/KO.

wWuld you make him a target for the off-season, with guys like KJ or big targets like Butler/Kawhi etc.

I think Harris is probably ripe for a sign and trade opportunity.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 12:25:38 PM »

Offline Londongreen

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4

I think Harris is probably ripe for a sign and trade opportunity.

Same, but what would be a fair and decent offer on both sides? Would they rather keep him, and play him and Gordan as the 3 and 4?

What position does he normally play? I mean I doubt they will stick with Gordan, Harkless, O'quin, Nicholson and fyre. None of them seems to be as young and good as Harris. With the C, PG and SG sorted, I think it would depend on where they see Harris and Gordan and if they can play together.

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 02:07:25 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Why not offer him a big money contact and see if they match?  We could offer Kahwi or Butler a max contract and they would end up staying with their current teams. Maybe Orlando wouldnt match Harris, say 4 years $55 million? 

If they are interested in a sign and trade, offer them Wallace's expiring deal along with a young player and a draft pick.

Adding a stud frontcourt player in the draft and signing Harris could transform this team.

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 03:09:17 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I think Harris and Crowder would be a very solid SF moving forward. Both players are tough under the radar players with Harris having some nice upside.

The SF position isn't very deep around the league, and there aren't many elite SF prospects on the horizon at least in this year's draft so I would like this move.

Then hopefully draft an elite big man prospect in this year's draft, hope Young can some day take over for Bradley starting at SG, Smart can step up in a starting PG role, then we really have something to build on going forward with still plenty of picks on the way.

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 03:17:18 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
I don't mind Harris, but I don't think I'd tie up that much money on him.  Anybody have a strong opinion on his defense?  I haven't paid close enough attention.

Harris and Gordon are completely different players.  I don't think that redundancy will bother Orlando at all.

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2015, 03:41:18 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
I havent watched the Magic much at all, but from what I read he is average to slighlty above average on defense.

THis article talks a little about him on D:

http://orlandomagicdaily.com/2014/09/17/tobias-harris-sixth-man-2/

Ive read that he may command 10-12 million per year.  If we can offer in the 13-14 range, we should be able to get him.  With the salary cap going up, that should be a good spot for him.  Keep in mind what we pay Avery Bradley and what we were prepared to pay Jeff Green.  This guy could be our replacement for Green and he is much younger.

He could start at the SF spot and he could play a lot of PF in a "small" lineup with Turner or Crowder at the 3.

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2015, 03:48:31 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
A good player, but not a max player. It'd depend on price--as well as on whom the C"s draft with their own 1st round pick.

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2015, 03:52:49 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
If Harris is signed for $13 mil next year, say we pick at #5 and #20 and those picks make $3 mil and $1 mil.  - that would put us right around $51 mil in salary for 13 players next season.  The Cap will be around $66 mil.

The following season, 2016-2017, we would be at $42 mil for 11 players.  We would have to decide if we wanted to keep Crowder and Turner and for how much money. Plus we would have to pay for any players drafted in 2016.  The Cap could be in the $70-$85 mil range with the new TV contracts.

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2015, 04:05:02 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
I like Tobias Harris. I think he's the perfect target for the Celtics. I also wouldn't mind drafting his brother Tyler. According to the link below Tyler is going to enter the 2015 draft.

http://tinyurl.com/k9okxja