Author Topic: Helping out the Nets and Thunder  (Read 3054 times)

Helping out the Nets and Thunder
« on: January 16, 2015, 12:02:37 PM »

Offline mckeonam

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
The discussions going on now have Jeremy Lamb and Kendrick Perkins going to Brooklyn for Brook Lopez. That isn't enough salary leaving OKC so here is a proposal that can help us in the sense that we can more freely trade Brandon Bass and help them. Maybe get a 2nd round pick as well.

Brooklyn receives: Jeremy Lamb, and Kendrick Perkins
OKC receives: Brook Lopez and Shavlik Randolph
Boston receives: Nick Collison and a 2nd round pick (from OKC)

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=muo8864

Let me know what you think!

Re: Helping out the Nets and Thunder
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 12:15:06 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
The discussions going on now have Jeremy Lamb and Kendrick Perkins going to Brooklyn for Brook Lopez. That isn't enough salary leaving OKC so here is a proposal that can help us in the sense that we can more freely trade Brandon Bass and help them. Maybe get a 2nd round pick as well.

Brooklyn receives: Jeremy Lamb, and Kendrick Perkins
OKC receives: Brook Lopez and Shavlik Randolph
Boston receives: Nick Collison and a 2nd round pick (from OKC)

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=muo8864

Let me know what you think!

Inventive.

But I feel that OKC would not want to part with Collison to get the deal done. Especially if they are taking on Lopez and his durability issues.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 12:16:41 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
All that OKC needs to do to match the incoming salary of Lopez is to add Grant Jerrett to the deal. I think that's what they'd like to do.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 12:29:37 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
All that OKC needs to do to match the incoming salary of Lopez is to add Grant Jerrett to the deal. I think that's what they'd like to do.

They're hard-capped, so I think they'll want to (or need to) shed a little more salary than Jerrett.  I expect Morrow to the Nets.

We could save the Nets tens of millions of luxury tax if we took Perk.  Not sure that the Nets would do such a thing, because they've invested a lot in being competitive, but they have an opportunity to save tons of dollars right now if they give someone a 2020 1st round pick.m

Edit: if they did send Perk to Boston (or Philly), they could use the Kirilenko exception on Lamb (or Morrow if my guess is right) and get a huge exception for most or all of Lopez's salary this year.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 12:38:16 PM by saltlover »

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 12:34:14 PM »

Offline mckeonam

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
Do you think that the Thunder will want to move Mitch McGary along a little? I feel like right now he is better than Randolph and if Collison is gone he can get more minutes.

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 12:50:28 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Do we really want to help Brooklyn get out from under Lopez's contract?  I guess in a convoluted way, if we help OKC, we may hurt LAC and make our pick better but this seems to me to be a trade we would be better served to just stay out of.

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 12:57:05 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
Do we really want to help Brooklyn get out from under Lopez's contract?  I guess in a convoluted way, if we help OKC, we may hurt LAC and make our pick better but this seems to me to be a trade we would be better served to just stay out of.

If C's can get another pick out of it, no reason not to help this time.  Brookyln would still not have any cap room next summer, so their chances of improving are slim, especially with KG retiring.  This trade might help them this year, but I don't see it doing much next year.  It mostly just makes the team easier to sell.

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2015, 01:00:59 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2015, 12:14:49 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
OKC is not hard capped.

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2015, 01:00:18 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
OKC is not hard capped.

They used the big MLE to sign Morrow and Grant Jerrett.  They didn't use all of it, but they used more than the taxpayer MLE.

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2015, 01:01:22 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I want Nets to stay ...stuck between a rock and a hard place .

Just fall to piece s like confetti.

The longer they drown .....the better.

Throw em rock s not life rafts

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2015, 09:28:16 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
OKC is not hard capped.

They used the big MLE to sign Morrow and Grant Jerrett.  They didn't use all of it, but they used more than the taxpayer MLE.

They used the mini MLE to sign Morrow and they had Jerrett's draft rights, so they just signed him to a standard second-round contract (read: http://dailythunder.com/2014/06/grant-jerretts-signing-was-a-bit-of-salary-cap-magic-by-the-thunder/).  They are not hardcapped.  They used neither the taxpayer MLE nor their BAE.  They also never acquired anyone in a sign-and-trade.  Those are the only three ways to incur the hard cap.

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2015, 09:40:06 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I don't see why Thunder would give up Perk and Collison, especially since Lopez can't stay healthy.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)