Author Topic: Realistic Return for Prince?  (Read 1115 times)

Realistic Return for Prince?
« on: January 16, 2015, 08:15:32 AM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 22
Hi All,

The title of my thread sort of says it all-- what do you think we could realistically get for Tayshaun Prince?

He's not what he once was, but he has a lot of playoff and championship experience and can definitely help a contender. He does have a large contract which obviously makes him harder to move.

Would it be required for us to take back long term salary to get a decent pick for him? Or is it more realistic that we can flip him for another expiring along with a 2nd rounder?

What do you guys think?

Thanks!
J

Re: Realistic Return for Prince?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 08:18:48 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I think that it will be hard to get any asset without taking on salary.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 08:46:48 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I'd like to think that Prince could give the Raptors more than they're getting from Landry Fields, and that we could get a future second in such a swap (salaries match just fine).  Looks like that might put Raps $900k into luxury tax tho -- not sure how big of a deal that is to them.  I'd like to think that fielding their most competitive club ever would be a reason to cross that line by a relatively small amount, but maybe not.

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 08:48:27 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Nothing. Didn't we buy him out or all we still negotiating that?

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 08:59:44 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Nothing. Didn't we buy him out or all we still negotiating that?

I think mostly waiting for a team to call with interest or him to drop his buyout price.  We still have an open roster spot after waiving CDR post-Rivers trade, so there's no urgency to dump him for nothing unless he'll give up enough money.  And Prince's camp might think there's a decent enough chance he'll get traded to a contender to not need to give up money right now either.