Author Topic: Draft: Who do you want at #7?  (Read 33690 times)

Re: Draft: Who do you want at #7?
« Reply #120 on: January 29, 2015, 07:29:53 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
If we're drafting in the 7-12 range I'd go with WCS
Even if it's a reach. He has all eh tools to be an elit defensive center, which is the position of most need and hardest to fill. Big defensive centers are often overlooked in the lotto and become more valuable over time.
Deandre jordan, hibbert, M Gassol were all drafted out of the lotto and would fetch a hearty price in the trade market. R Lopez and gorgui dieng would probably fetch a highe pick now then the position they were drafted at. Even perk fetched a #5 pick.
Point is, go for the big center with the defensive chops to make an impact in the league. Pretty good chance that we'll get value out of him one way or the other.

« Reply #121 on: January 29, 2015, 10:26:47 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Mark me down as being in the Stanley Johnson fan club.

NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #122 on: January 30, 2015, 09:07:52 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Calling it right now Russell will be the 2nd player off the board in this draft.  He is a special talent, last night he went for 18/14/5.....

« Reply #123 on: January 30, 2015, 10:00:24 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Someone size of Marc Gasol who can move and play defense.

Robert Upshaw?

« Reply #124 on: January 30, 2015, 10:12:57 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
Calling it right now Russell will be the 2nd player off the board in this draft.  He is a special talent, last night he went for 18/14/5.....

We should have a thread to keep score of predictions like this. Would it be condescending if I started one now? (do we have one that I don't know about?) I want to compile all of those Jared Sullinger stat line predictions from the fall, too.

« Reply #125 on: January 30, 2015, 10:16:01 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

We should have a thread to keep score of predictions like this. Would it be condescending if I started one now? (do we have one that I don't know about?) I want to compile all of those Jared Sullinger stat line predictions from the fall, too.
Absolutely make that thread. I'd love to make some predictions.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #126 on: January 30, 2015, 10:25:30 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
D'angelo Russell just strikes me as a Kevin Martin / OJ Mayo type guy when I watch him. Nice player, but I wouldn't want to draft him high.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #127 on: January 30, 2015, 10:27:09 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Same, although Winslow and Oubre would be nice consolation prizes in the wing crop.  Looney is intriguing too, though it seems like he's probably a Thad Young / Millsap style PF.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #128 on: January 30, 2015, 10:58:39 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Same, although Winslow and Oubre would be nice consolation prizes in the wing crop.  Looney is intriguing too, though it seems like he's probably a Thad Young / Millsap style PF.
I am not sure Winslow gives us what we need at the 3. He is really athletic but he isn't the scorer Oubre, or Johnson is. I'd probably rather have Looney than Winslow.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #129 on: January 30, 2015, 11:25:58 AM »

Offline fandrew

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 25
Well I would love to get Stanley Johnson, and trade our clippers pick and KO for Noel. I mean, unless we end up with two picks in the top 14 and somehow we end up with WCS and Stanley Johnson. Then I just want to keep both of them and use our assets to trade with.

Would love to start next season with a line up of

Smart/Turner
Young/AB
Johnson/Crowder
Sully/KO
WCS/Zeller

Not going to win a ton of games, but I think they would be fun to watch and even competitive by the All Star game. May even make the playoffs in the East. Three very defensive guys starting, with 3 guys who can shoot the 3 (and Sully who can shoot it when wide open) with some good defense off the bench, and some good 3pt shooting off the bench too.

Probably not going to happen, but its what I would like to see :)
"It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care." - Peter Gibbons