Author Topic: Draft: Who do you want at #7?  (Read 33618 times)

Re: Draft: Who do you want at #7?
« Reply #90 on: January 21, 2015, 10:53:18 AM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
Of the recent euro prospects, I like Saric best by far.  Hezonja is a nice athlete, but not a standout NBA athlete.  Maybe something like Gordon Hayward at 6'8".  Porzingas has good length and and shooting touch, but isn't a great athlete.  Saric has potential to be an impact player.  6-10, 220 and plays really tough and smart like Mirotic.

Gordon Hayward at 6'8? Hayward is 6'8.

i admittedly do know know alot about Hezonja. But from reading about him, looking at his ACB and FIBA stats and watching some film of him on youtube I think he is a very different player then Hayward. Where Hayward is more of a facilitating well rounded 3/2 with a nice outside shot. Hezonja appears more the gun for hire come in the game to score type of player. Similar to JR Smith.

Porzingis I am very intrigued by. Where he may not be the elite athlete WCS is. He is athletic for a 7' and appears to have elite length. The thing I find more promising with him is his current Eurocup production. 20mpg 10pts 4rb 1stl 1.4blk 44% 3PT on 2.3 3PTA at age 19. My only concern with this kid is his strength and how it will effect his ability to defend in man to man situations. Unlike other players in this years top 10 he is not physically ready for the NBA but his growth physically may ultimately yield one of its best players. Chad Ford has suggested in the past that if Prozingis was in the NCAA he would actually be a threat to go #1 over Okafor. This sounds crazy but on a team where the coach gives him free range to shoot from the outside its not a stretch to see him as a 20pt 7rb 3.5blk college star.
He's like Gordon Hayward, being 6'8".  I compare him to Hayward because some people have conflated his athleticism to the point where you'd think he's the white MJ.  Not the case.  He's athletic like Hayward.  That's all.

« Reply #91 on: January 21, 2015, 01:06:26 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
I don't want 7!
Getting a pick at 7 means we have failed.  We need to BEAT LA! and simply put, out-tank them!
While we are at it- I don't think it is any mystery that both Philly and NY- historically long term Celtic Rivals are in full tank mode.  First we need to catch LA!  And then we need to go after the Knickerbockers!  With Rondo gone!  This is our time!!!!  Top 4- need I say more!
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #92 on: January 21, 2015, 03:48:17 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
Speaking of tank, I was watching some interviews from practice with Rubio, KMart and Pekovic.  They all said, in so many words, "I'm healthy, just waiting on coach for the green light."  Which led to this exchange:

;D

I don't know if we can catch them anyways, but that's not right sitting all your players.  Rubio's going on a 3 month ankle sprain.

« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2015, 02:26:25 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I want Towns or Stanley Johnson.  We might have to trade up to get one of those guys, but it would be totally worth it imo.   Towns would give us the 5 we desperately need, but if he is gone I would be very happy to have Stanley Johnson.

Just look at his draft profile and the tape:
http://www.nbadraft.net/players/stanley-johnson

The guy is gonna be a BEAST.  He creates offense with his athleticism and his dribble.  He can blow by defenders or give them that little fake before he makes his move, quickly going the other direction or even a spin move and he finishes above the rim with power.

I know the reports say he isn't the greatest shooter yet, but Lebron didn't come into the league as that great of a shooter.  Now I'm not saying SJ is even close to Lebron.  What I'm saying is that I can picture him as a very physical SF who can create offense for himself and teammates.  We don't really have a player like that right now.  I could picture SJ as a goto scorer, something I could never picture Jeff Green doing despite his athleticism and talent.

« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2015, 05:12:42 PM »

Offline Wedman#8

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 0
The more I see D'Angelo Russell, the more I would love to see him paired with Smart.  Has all the tools.

« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2015, 05:34:50 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
The more I see D'Angelo Russell, the more I would love to see him paired with Smart.  Has all the tools.
Agree completely, and welcome to the forums.

« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2015, 05:38:33 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Agree completely, and welcome to the forums.

"I think he could be a James Harden-type player at the next level," one general manager told ESPN Insider Chad Ford. "That's what kind of scorer and playmaker he could be."

Edit: I should add, i think he'll be gone by the time the Celtics pick anyways.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 05:44:53 PM by BleedGreen1989 »
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #97 on: January 25, 2015, 07:54:32 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
I don't want 7!
Getting a pick at 7 means we have failed.  We need to BEAT LA! and simply put, out-tank them!
While we are at it- I don't think it is any mystery that both Philly and NY- historically long term Celtic Rivals are in full tank mode.  First we need to catch LA!  And then we need to go after the Knickerbockers!  With Rondo gone!  This is our time!!!!  Top 4- need I say more!
We're not beating LA (in tanking).  Smart, Sully, and Stevens alone would guarantee this, even if we were to trade Bass.  LA basically has 1 or 2 NBA caliber players.  Nick Young, who is a chucker, and Ed Davis who is a 1 dimensional glass cleaner.  The top 10 guys on our roster would all start for LA.  AND, the biggest reason, they're in the Western Conference.

For once in my life I hope LA wins so that they lose their top-5 protected pick, but I'm not holding my breath.

« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2015, 07:56:41 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Trade our pick and players for Cousins

« Reply #99 on: January 29, 2015, 04:59:27 AM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
If we don't get in the lottery, we will probably be between 6-10

I think NY,LA, Philly, Minnesota and Utah will finish with a worse record compared to us

The C's benefit from winning with Rondo early in the season, a good coach and some solid veterans who are still getting major mins

« Reply #100 on: January 29, 2015, 07:17:04 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Looney.

« Reply #101 on: January 29, 2015, 07:56:22 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Stanley Johnson, if taken D'angelo Russel, if taken Kelly Oubre, if taken Kevon Looney.

I'd be ok if a bit underwhelmed with Hezonja, Justise Winslow, or Willey Caulie Stein.

Cant sign off on Porzingis or Myles Turner unless they really excel at workouts.

« Reply #102 on: January 29, 2015, 08:08:47 AM »

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
Our pick: Johnson, Russell, Winslow, Oubre, Hezonja. Maybe Turner, I'm not sure yet - had a hard day against Kentucky, but he can develop. He is still very young and raw.

Clippers pick: Dekker, Dakari, Kaminsky, Tyus.

Philly's second round pick: Hernangomez, Vaughn, Vezenkov.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 10:18:02 AM by jonaslopes »
It's nice seeing him get exposed as overrated after having argued with fellow fans for years that he was overrated.. but I don't hate him. I'm looking forward to seeing him [...] bounce around to a couple more teams... eventually come back to Boston[...] and helps us as a role player until he runs himself out of the league.
LarBrd33 on Rondo

« Reply #103 on: January 29, 2015, 10:02:20 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
I really want Porzingis. Contrary to some posts, he is a very good athlete - not quite a DeAndre Jordan-level high flyer, but he definitely has the quicks to guard PF's and the explosiveness of a stud rim protector. He has been shooting really well this season against tough eurocup competition. For him, the only real concern is strength, but he does have the frame to add muscle.

« Reply #104 on: January 29, 2015, 10:20:13 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Russell and Johnson for me but with the way the schedule shapes up I don't see the C's landing either one of those guys.  Probably looking at Looney, Winslow or Hezonja....