Author Topic: Draft: Who do you want at #7?  (Read 33692 times)

Re: Draft: Who do you want at #7?
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2015, 04:02:16 PM »

Offline greenrunsdeep41

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 152
Is Bill Russell an option?
2019 Historical Draft - Golden State

C - Bill Russell/Joel Embiid
PF - Giannis Antetokounmpo/Tommy Heinsohn
SF - Kevin Durant/Billy Cunningham
SG - Bruce Bowen/David Thompson
PG - Isiah Thomas/James Harden

« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2015, 05:32:11 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I try to deal with philly for embid or Noel, unless I have signed jordan.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2015, 06:13:21 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
NOBODY!!! That is why we must Tank hard for Okafor.

« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2015, 06:17:38 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
Outside of the top 3 players (Okafor, Towns and Mudiay). I'd like to get a shot at either D'angelo Russell or Kevon Looney. I think both guys could be difference makers at the next level.

I think my Top 7 would be:

1. Okafor
2. Towns
3. Mudiay
4. Looney
5. Russell
6. Porzingis
7. Cauley-Stein

I'd be pretty happy with any of those 7. Things are shaping up for us to get another quality prospect. I think outside the top 7 things get less certain.

I like your top 3.  But WCS is intriguing.  I think he is better than Noah was at this point of his career. 
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2015, 06:22:16 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Porzingis is best prospect after Okafor.  He won't last after top 3-4.

« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2015, 06:24:39 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
I predict the top of the draft to come together in the fallowing tiers of players

Tier 1 Okafor

Tier 2 Mudiay, Towns

Tier 3 Russell, Prozingis, WCS, Looney, S Johnson, Hezonja

Tier 4 Oubre, Winslow, Turner, Harrell

The #7 pick will place the Cs in the 3rd tier. I think all 6 prospects have some very strong positives.

Hezonja and Looney are probably the biggest risks in the group but also may have the highest ceilings. Both have great size at their positions (if Looney can switch to the 3). Howver both with also face major transitions in the Pros. Looney switching postions and Hezonja coming to USA.

Prozingis is an extreme talent who some say would compete for #1 pick if he where playing in the NCAA. His ACB stat line is very impressive for a 19yr old. My biggest concern with him is going to be his lack of strength and how that will effect his ability to defend. The may turn him into a bit of a project but a super high ceiling project.

Russell has the potential to be a #2 and posibly #1 offensive option. He is a very smooth offensive player who will be able to play either the 2 or the 1. He has enough size for the 2 but will have to get stronger. He is probebly one the of highest floor guys in this lottery.

WCS everyone knows about, kid can flat out play D. He will be a contributor from day 1 his offense will be limited but the D will make up for it.

S Johnson he is a beast at SF he is basicly the same size as Bass, with a slightly shorter wingspan (6'11 vs 7'1). To compare Melo was 233lbs at the predraft Johnson was 245 before college and he looks like an NFL DE. He is physically a dead ringer for Ron Artest/Metta World. He plays good D, rebounds and attacks the hoop. His biggest knock coming into college was his outside shot but he is currently shooting just under 42% from 3 on 3 attempts per game. He is also the youngest guy I listed in this post. He doesn't turn 19 till May.

If I had to pick one guy form this tier I would probably go with WCS just for the sake of positional value. Rim protectors are hard to come by and he should be an elite one. After that I prob go with Russell then totally torn in a three way trade with Johnson, Looney and Prozingis.   

The Clips pick I expect to be 18-21 and think DA makes it a counter move for BPA opposite who he drafted in the Lottery. What I mean is if DA goes with WCS then he will move up or down to find a wing he likes (Booker, Hollis-Jefferson or Grant to name a couple). If he goes wing in Lottery he will move (likely up) for a player like Poeltl or Turner

Bill Walton and I would both be happy with an all Pac-12 first round S Johnson and Jakob Poeltl.

Towns is so over-rated, I can't believe you would put him in 2nd tier.  Porzingis has much more upside and talent.

« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2015, 06:30:44 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
I would take Porzingis if still available.  I think Danny is trying to keep the books as clear as possible for next summer.  Porzingis still has a year left on his Euro deal, and so wouldn't require a cap hold if better ways to spend money present themselves.

He also looks like he could be a pretty special power forward -- the cap flexibility is gravy.  I was disappointed when he didn't make himself available last year, as he would have been great at #17.

You just plagiarized my thoughts on this topic.  TP.

« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2015, 07:03:28 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
D'Angelo Russell.

I'm sold. A kid who can shoot and has tremendous vision and good feel for the game? Yes please.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2015, 07:21:24 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
D'Angelo Russell.

I'm sold. A kid who can shoot and has tremendous vision and good feel for the game? Yes please.

Don't like his athleticism. He might struggle on the next level because of it. Plus, athleticism, top to bottom, is probably one of the biggest weaknesses on our roster.

Triboy, Kaminsky isn't going to rise up the charts. He'll actually drop once he turns in a weak combine showing. There is nothing that he adds to our team that we don't already have. The goal is to add players that complement your roster. An athletic big man who can defend the rim is a need, not a big man who is skilled offensively, but projects as a 4 and will struggle defending on the next level.

At 7... I like either Justice or Johnson. Either is fine by me. Cauley-Stein being my fallback option should they not be available.

« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2015, 08:23:29 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Let's say we pick 4th and pick up a wing like Oubre or Johnson, and we think that WCS will fall to 7 or 8 where someone like Orlando or Indiana is picking.

Since they're probaly not interested in WCS, do you think we could get them to pick for us under the condition that we trade them either Sully or KO along with the Clips pick and future picks?

Something like:

Indy picks WCS at 7 or 8 then sends him to Boston for KO, 2015 Clips Pick, 2016 Cavs pick, 2016 Mavs pick (protect it for the lottery on top of the protections already on it)

This would give us a lineup of:
PG: Smart, Turner
SG: Young, Bradley
SF: Johnson/Oubre, Crowder
PF:Sully
C: WCS,Zeller

Would something like this be feasible, and would you do it?

« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2015, 08:23:53 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Have not a clue......by that time I hold out little hope of a franchise player.

If we are not getting a top three , anybody better than KO , AB , or Sully.,or Smart. Is a very long shot

Tank all the way. ...bring hone the losses....if your rebuilding ...tank it right or not at all.

« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2015, 09:17:50 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Let's say we pick 4th and pick up a wing like Oubre or Johnson, and we think that WCS will fall to 7 or 8 where someone like Orlando or Indiana is picking.

Since they're probaly not interested in WCS, do you think we could get them to pick for us under the condition that we trade them either Sully or KO along with the Clips pick and future picks?

Something like:

Indy picks WCS at 7 or 8 then sends him to Boston for KO, 2015 Clips Pick, 2016 Cavs pick, 2016 Mavs pick (protect it for the lottery on top of the protections already on it)

If Indy was stupid enough to offer a 7 or 8 pick for three picks in the mid 20's, I'd do it in a heartbeat.  In last year's draft, Chicago gave up the #16 and #19 just to move up to #11 to take McDermott.  You'd be doing good to get the #15 pick for three picks in the mid 20's over two drafts.  If Indy doesn't want WCS, there will be plenty of other good players available.  Looney seems like he would be a good fit.

« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2015, 09:35:22 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Picks from 4 up are very fluid.

Me personally, provided the top 3 is off the board, I'd love Winslow or Stanley Johnson. I believe both could be our SF of the future. Tough kids.

I'd do a lot of thinking on WCS if he is on the board. Very intriguing personality but I think he might end up not very committed to basketball. Check the BR piece (I know, BR is not a blue print of journalism) http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2287213-superstardom-awaits-willie-cauley-steinif-he-finally-decides-he-wants-it

I want no part of Hezonja (too much Kobe).

With the Clips pick, provided it is in the 20-24s I'd love a big in that order Poeltl (if he declares), Upshaw, Dakari.

Tyus Jones looks an intriguing PG to develop for that roster gap. Very poised for his age, good passer, jump shot looks better than his %.

TP for the share with the article
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2015, 10:06:01 PM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
We need a higher pick. Take Mudiay. He's the best prospect by far.  Kyrie Irving handle.  John Wall size (not as athletic as Wall but more athletic than Irving) . Good passer, good shooter. Really no weaknesses. Top 5 pg  potential. 20 and 10 potential !!!

« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2015, 10:49:17 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

Something like:

If Indy was stupid enough to offer a 7 or 8 pick for three picks in the mid 20's, I'd do it in a heartbeat.  In last year's draft, Chicago gave up the #16 and #19 just to move up to #11 to take McDermott.  You'd be doing good to get the #15 pick for three picks in the mid 20's over two drafts.  If Indy doesn't want WCS, there will be plenty of other good players available.  Looney seems like he would be a good fit.
Sully or KO would be the real prize for that trade, especially since either one of them would fit great next to Hibbert with West starting to deteriorate. The picks are just the cherries on top.