Author Topic: Trade Idea (Celtics-Kings)  (Read 793 times)

Trade Idea (Celtics-Kings)
« on: January 15, 2015, 06:45:26 PM »

Offline Lioney

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 18
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=qcscndk

Celtics: Stauskas-Williams
Kings: Zeller-Wallace

Basically, the idea is to get rid of Wallace’s contract(for next year) at the expense of Zeller.

Kings wanted Plumlee to include in the trade in order to accept Deron William’s contract. Frankly, though their skills are alike, Plumlee is a much better player than Zeller. In my opinion, Deron Williams is still a good player but his injury prone, losing his athletic skills, his lack of defensive skills, and his long-term contract make him a worse choice than Collison. Wallace’s expiring contract is a much better advantage for them than Williams’ long-term and expensive contract. Moreover, as far as I’ve seen, both on and off the court, Wallace would be a very good signing for them. I think Zeller’s passing ability and mid-range shooting skills would not fit in our motion offense, and he is also not the type of center we need in terms of defensive skills. Thats why he could fit in the Kings better. I’m not sure whether the Kings would want an extra draft pick, but if they do we have lots of them anyway.

We, on the other hand, would get a player(Stauskas) who could fit in our motion offense better. Furthermore, we would have such a space in salary cap that we could get two players with max contracts.

Re: Trade Idea (Celtics-Kings)
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 06:53:38 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I don't see a point in giving up anything useful to get rid of Wallace.  I wouldn't trade Zeller straight-up for Stauskas.  So, basically, no.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference