Author Topic: Tommy Points  (Read 7888 times)

Re: Tommy Points
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2015, 09:14:41 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Just one of the things that sets CelticsBlog apart from most others.

Silverscreenandroll (Lakers Blog), doesn't have anything like this, and if they did - what in heavens would they call it?

Magic Points? Kobe points? West points?
Well, no one else on SBNation has a forum, so...
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2015, 09:17:51 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Silverscreenandroll (Lakers Blog), doesn't have anything like this, and if they did - what in heavens would they call it?

They should call them Minneapolis points. Since they got a lot of their titles there that they count towards there number, which really shouldn't count.

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2015, 09:19:25 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

They should call them Minneapolis points. Since they got a lot of their titles there that they count towards there number, which really shouldn't count.

ziiiiiingggg
and a tommy point to you!
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2015, 09:19:46 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Celtic blog .....is the BEST of its kind on the net.

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2015, 09:20:28 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I have searched but can not seem to find an answer to how the Tommy Points work. I know I have the option to give them - what sort of post typically gets a TP? - but am unclear if I have an unlimited supply, or does the supply need be replenished? How? Etc.

I hope this isn't the wrong place for his question (though I suspect it might be).

Just be happy there's no longer negative Tommy Points.
:)
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2015, 09:22:35 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
I made a thread about this once and the conclusion I came to is that if I don't get one every 15 posts or so, it means I'm not being funny and I need to take a few plays off.  But I'm neurotic so that rule probably doesn't apply to everyone.  Anyways, TP!

Also it's too bad that they don't mean anything anymore because a lot of posters bet their TPs on the 2010 Finals and lost them all.

I'm proud to be a member of that group.

Should've been a 3peat!.......but I'm on record as  hating coulda, woulda , shouldas...so, apologies

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2015, 09:29:14 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
I have searched but can not seem to find an answer to how the Tommy Points work. I know I have the option to give them - what sort of post typically gets a TP? - but am unclear if I have an unlimited supply, or does the supply need be replenished? How? Etc.

I hope this isn't the wrong place for his question (though I suspect it might be).

Just be happy there's no longer negative Tommy Points.
:)

TP to you, Cman. Didn't realize there were ever such things. You've been around (at least on the board) a lot longer than I have , so thanks for the info.

That could get ugly, though. I might be in negative numbers. Was anyone ever in negative numbers not self-imposed?

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2015, 09:30:35 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

their point system would be called free throws.  Because thats the point system the NBA gives them when they want them to win a game 7 of an NBA finals.

;D, true.

The funny thing about that game (and series) was that nearly all of us bet our Tommy Points on that series, as solidarity for the team. The agreement was that if BOS pulled that series out, we'd get back double of what we put up, via the Mods, I believe.

None other than Dancing Joey was the lead referee in the "Curious Case of the Boston Celtics' Officiating Malady" in that sad game 7.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17YKrYzxEf8

Sigh.

The great thing, though, is that the count remains 17-16 BOS...no matter how much the NBA "seemingly" was trying to tie our Banner counts.

Thanks to OKC (and the arrival of Kendrick Perkins) they neutralized the Lakers' Twin Towers back then and after that the Lakers self-destructed. Good.

I've read several crazy threads in Lakerville trying desperately to find, discover, uncover some "secret", forgotten championship that the Lakers were not given credit for, LOL....there was a few years ago on SS& R that even tried to give the DETROIT GEMS' Championship to the grand total of Lakers' Banners ;D.

Evidently, The DETROIT GEMS were the Minneapolis Lakers WAAYYYY back in the day, and they evidently beat some team in 1948 for a championship - which THANKFULLY is NOT recognized by the NBA, today LOL.

https://historyrat.wordpress.com/2013/05/10/from-minneapolis-to-la-the-birth-of-the-lakers/

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2015, 09:35:13 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I made a thread about this once and the conclusion I came to is that if I don't get one every 15 posts or so, it means I'm not being funny and I need to take a few plays off.  But I'm neurotic so that rule probably doesn't apply to everyone.  Anyways, TP!

Also it's too bad that they don't mean anything anymore because a lot of posters bet their TPs on the 2010 Finals and lost them all.

A contingent of us also bet all of our TPs on the 2011 playoffs, too (thanks, Kiorrik :0(  Not to mention the times before SB ever came into play and all posts and TPs were wiped out each time the site was updated. Luckily this hasn't happened for a number of years, but I was a lot more active back in the day. I am quite happy with the current format, though.