Author Topic: Unfriended  (Read 2433 times)

Unfriended
« on: January 15, 2015, 05:44:57 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
This movie looks interesting depending on how you feel about "Blair Witch Project". Might be worth the look. The trailer itself has taught me that I will never even think about cyber-bullying anyone ever, or even have a skype group call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcFHg4rTDuQ

Re: Unfriended
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 05:49:47 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
You would never think of cyber bullying someone because you're scared they're going to come back from the dead and invade a skype call with you and your friends and then play a deadly game of cat and mouse with you?  How about don't cyber bully someone because it's an awful thing to do instead?

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 05:50:26 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
This looks like one of those films that has an extremely interesting premise and great trailer that ends up sucking due to poor direction, acting, and writing lol

Just like the film Prometheus. It had so much potential, but the acting was so poor that it made it a so-so film.

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 05:58:11 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
You would never think of cyber bullying someone because you're scared they're going to come back from the dead and invade a skype call with you and your friends and then play a deadly game of cat and mouse with you?  How about don't cyber bully someone because it's an awful thing to do instead?

Wow relax buddy. I know darn well cyber bullying is horrible. Heck I think that's the point of what the movie's getting at is how awful it is and the damage it can do to somebody else. Sorry if I came off the wrong way.

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 06:02:09 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419

Wow relax buddy. I know darn well cyber bullying is horrible. Heck I think that's the point of what the movie's getting at is how awful it is and the damage it can do to somebody else. Sorry if I came off the wrong way.

Ha no I was just making a joke about how implausible/ridiculous that movie looks

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 06:02:41 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

TP, you beat me to it.  Here's what I don't understand about cyber bullying, though - why don't these kids (oftentimes, unfortunately, who should never be using social media in the first place, imo) just block all of the db's who pick on them, especially on fb?  When I first made my profile on fb, one of the first things I did was to block all of the people who had ever made fun of me, and by the time I was done, the number was more than 40.  Seriously.  I couldn't believe it, as it had always seemed like it was 3-5 guys, but maybe that's because it happened so often.  It's like that Dr. Seuss poem (which I modified for this situation), "I was bullied on the bus, I was bullied each day at lunch.  I do not like green eggs and ham, I do not like them, Sam I Am."  Sigh.  It took years to come to the conclusion that it wasn't my fault (although I'm such a wimp as they were only verbal attacks).  Anyway, my point is is that since I blocked all of those morons, I haven't seen or heard a trace of them, for the most part (one or two of them occasionally appear in a photo, but that's it), since (5-6 years), and I've never regretted it.  I'm not a big social media person, anyway, but I just don't understand why these kids wouldn't opt for this course of action.  Christ, don't take it home with you.

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2015, 06:06:34 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell

Ha no I was just making a joke about how implausible/ridiculous that movie looks

Then thats my bad I'll give you a TP.