Author Topic: Kings willing to trade Stauskas for frontcourt help  (Read 15615 times)

Re: Kings willing to trade Stauskas for frontcourt help
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2015, 02:42:50 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

the results for stauskas so far are worrying, he's not shown even a flicker of talent for anything other than shooting, and even more worrying is the fact that the kings seem so eager to dump him this short in his career.
i wouldn't trade for him unless the kings are selling low here, he just hasn't shown that he has the willingness or ability to drive to the basket, pass, or play defense at this level. and IMO he was a little too timid/passive even in college, i just don't see the fire in him that makes me think he'll battle through this rookie learning curve.

CB telephone game at its best: in four pages we've gone from "willing to discuss him in a deal" to "eager to dump him."

« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2015, 02:47:05 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1415
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Why would we trade for Stauskus when we already have James Young who I would think we are hoping turns into our future starter at off guard and Bradley in that spot as well, for now.

Also, I think KO has far more value and upside than Stauskus. Second year big men putting up intermittent 20 point, 8 rebound nights are valuable assets. Olynyk made huge strides from alst year to this year. If he adds another 10-15 pounds of muscle on his frame and continues to develop he could easily be a 15-18 point 6-8 rebound big off the bench. I really don't get why many people are so down on the second year big man. I think he's made major strides in just about every aspect of his game from his first to second year. And his apparent work ethic would suggest he will do the same again from his second to 3rd year.   

He's in his second year, but he'll be 24 by the end of the season. In basketball years, that's still young but in terms of development, I'm not sure he isn't already at or near his ceiling. For comparison sake, Ryan Anderson was already a 16pt/8rb guy by the time he was 23.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2015, 03:20:45 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199

the results for stauskas so far are worrying, he's not shown even a flicker of talent for anything other than shooting, and even more worrying is the fact that the kings seem so eager to dump him this short in his career.
i wouldn't trade for him unless the kings are selling low here, he just hasn't shown that he has the willingness or ability to drive to the basket, pass, or play defense at this level. and IMO he was a little too timid/passive even in college, i just don't see the fire in him that makes me think he'll battle through this rookie learning curve.

CB telephone game at its best: in four pages we've gone from "willing to discuss him in a deal" to "eager to dump him."
The Kings will likely waive Stauskas?  Wonder if he'll clear waivers.

« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2015, 03:51:20 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

The Kings will likely waive Stauskas?  Wonder if he'll clear waivers.

Only if they can't find a team to accept Boogie Cousins as compensation for taking on Stauskas's contract.