Author Topic: Kings willing to trade Stauskas for frontcourt help  (Read 15586 times)

Re: Kings willing to trade Stauskas for frontcourt help
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2015, 12:56:12 AM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
If we can get Ben McLemore for KO that would be worth it considering were probably gonna go after a big man in this years draft.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 01:02:40 AM by bmac934 »

« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2015, 01:37:24 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
McLemore has been solid this year.  Stauskas has sucked.  I hear rookies are supposed to suck though.

Hard to believe that Olynyk's PER is over 16.  Hollinger would say this makes him an above average PF, huh?  Hmmm...

PER loves big guys. According to the current rankings there are 42 "above average" centers in the league right now, with the closest to "average" being Henry Sims and Dewayne Dedmon at 15.07 and 15.09.

In contrast, in our current point guard rich league PER says only 30 PGs are above average, with the borderline guys including Rondo (15.11), Rose (15.60), Reggie Jackson (15.36) etc.

TP. Good info. Heard it can overrate Rebounding power forwards a bit. Kevin Love was always top 5 when he was healthy in Minnesota.

As for Kelly sometimes his mistakes can get magnified more than other players on this blog, and people forget how good he really is when he plays at his peak. Even when he's not right he still gives great intangibles and decent spacing(similar to Sullinger). The Passing, 3 Point Shooting and adequate rebounding is probably what contribute to the high(ish) PER.

« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2015, 03:22:38 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
With Miles Plumlee on the block, it looks like a good trading match +/- some draft considerations here and there.

I really don't know what Sac's front office is doing. Are they delusional they have a shot at the playoffs this year? 7 games behind the Suns with OKC and NO in the hund?

If not, why not keep Stauskas at least until the draft?

"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2015, 05:35:10 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2484

the results for stauskas so far are worrying, he's not shown even a flicker of talent for anything other than shooting, and even more worrying is the fact that the kings seem so eager to dump him this short in his career.
i wouldn't trade for him unless the kings are selling low here, he just hasn't shown that he has the willingness or ability to drive to the basket, pass, or play defense at this level. and IMO he was a little too timid/passive even in college, i just don't see the fire in him that makes me think he'll battle through this rookie learning curve.

« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2015, 06:13:10 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2484

-warriors get thornton, bass
-kings get lee
-c's get stauskas, jason thompson (toxic deal, 3years, $6M per year), and derrick willliams' expiring

c's would essentially be getting stauskas for taking on thompson's crappy contract. considering how poorly stauskas has played, i don't know that it's worth it.
kings get to pretend like they're contending.
warriors get expirings to free up cash resign their other players, and they have 2 healthy vets in bass and thornton who might be able to help them this season.

« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2015, 06:16:34 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

-warriors get thornton, bass
-kings get lee
-c's get stauskas, jason thompson (toxic deal, 3years, $6M per year), and derrick willliams' expiring

c's would essentially be getting stauskas for taking on thompson's crappy contract. considering how poorly stauskas has played, i don't know that it's worth it.
kings get to pretend like they're contending.
warriors get expirings to free up cash resign their other players, and they have 2 healthy vets in bass and thornton who might be able to help them this season.

Danny's being more mindful of his cap situation than to do that IMO.

« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2015, 07:25:09 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
Read this morning on nbainsider that the suns are willing to move Miles Plumlee and looking for a first.

Stauskas for M Plumlee as the base of a trade seems mutually beneficial. The Kings would probably be looking for a little more given that Plumlee is already 26.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2015, 08:06:18 AM »

Offline Tysonmurray

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
Once Stauskas learns the game he will be an all star player, we need him!!!!

« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2015, 12:58:53 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501

All-star on the way to the HOF who's now DNP-CD the last 2 games.

« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2015, 01:08:31 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I can vouch for this! Once Stauskas becomes an allstar, he will be an allstar! Heard it here first!
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2015, 01:58:19 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
If we can get Ben McLemore for KO that would be worth it considering were probably gonna go after a big man in this years draft.
Id rather stay with James Young at the 2. I think next year he will bust out.

« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2015, 02:12:47 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

All-star on the way to the HOF who's now DNP-CD the last 2 games.
they are trying to rest him so as to prolong his HOF career.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2015, 02:16:03 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
The Kings are built around a post player, and therefore perimeter shooting is arguably their most premium offensive need. And yet their "willing" to deal a Top 10 pick whose supposed strength is shooting -- a guy who had one really good college run after a largely nondescript career.

Guess who we shouldn't trade for....
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2015, 02:35:52 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
Why would we trade for Stauskus when we already have James Young who I would think we are hoping turns into our future starter at off guard and Bradley in that spot as well, for now.

Also, I think KO has far more value and upside than Stauskus. Second year big men putting up intermittent 20 point, 8 rebound nights are valuable assets. Olynyk made huge strides from alst year to this year. If he adds another 10-15 pounds of muscle on his frame and continues to develop he could easily be a 15-18 point 6-8 rebound big off the bench. I really don't get why many people are so down on the second year big man. I think he's made major strides in just about every aspect of his game from his first to second year. And his apparent work ethic would suggest he will do the same again from his second to 3rd year.     

« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2015, 02:41:00 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

I think we need more than one big man!